• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
I'm fine, thanks ! What about you ?

I looked for players in Iowa and I've found one :o

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
One question about Azen:
Did he quite Smash? Didn't see an Video from his Lucario/Ike since... Last year march or so.

metroid1117

Smash Master
One question about Azen:
Did he quite Smash? Didn't see an Video from his Lucario/Ike since... Last year march or so.
I'm not sure if Azen quit Smash, but I'm sure that he stopped using Ike and went Lucario. My friend said that he saw a video of him playing Diddy, but I don't know when that was.

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
Hm, I liked his Ike. Well, well, well... *sigh²*
His Ike inspired me... Too bad..

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Avoid FD at all costs. Smashville is another bad choice.

PS1
Pirate Ship
PS2
Norfair
Jungle Japes may work, though I've never tried it.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Oh yea, about Sonic, what stages do you take him too?
Stay away from FD and Lylat.

I like BF.. SV.. just.. small stages where Sonic doesn't have a great amount of room to move around freely. Can't remember how Brinstar is for Sonic, but it's a good enough stage for Ike that I think it would be good. It's another small stage. Japes... LOL, Sonic will never kill you.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
sonics fsmash and dsmash shouldn't be underestimated :o

sure,ike is heavy but if you don't DI em correctly,they can both kill u at reasonable percentages lol

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Step 1: Get the lead. Step 2: Go to the right side of the stage. Sonic will never hit you with Fsmash or Dsmash there. A Bair is probably his best bet at a kill over there. I really think I get killed by Klaptrap more than anything other than Sonic's Bair on this stage. It's not that Japes is a bad stage for Sonic... I just play it in a way that makes it better for me.
Though we haven't really played here that much with the Ike/Sonic MU, so I'm not confident to CP the stage in tourney or anything like that. I still don't even know IF Japes can be a good Sonic stage.

But yeah--- being serious--- I like small stages where Sonic doesn't have a lot of room.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Avoid FD at all costs. Smashville is another bad choice.

PS1
Pirate Ship
PS2
Norfair
Jungle Japes may work, though I've never tried it.
Only PS1 is legal here as a CP lmao

And players here like to ban Brinstar from me so my only CP is probably PS1 or BF.

sonics fsmash and dsmash shouldn't be underestimated :o

sure,ike is heavy but if you don't DI em correctly,they can both kill u at reasonable percentages lol
Well, even though I get hit by those moves because I'm an idiot, dodging should be the only reason Sonic's laggy kill moves hit.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lets get our ******************* MM in this time

lmao

and i likes pictochat :D
i want it legal too lol

Palpi

Smash Hero
ps2 is a bad cp. Who does exceptionally well on that stage? There is also a lot of transitions that **** you up badly.

I think ps2 just ****s up both players =/

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say Marth doesn't play particularly badly on PS2, actually. I might even say he gains something from it.

Meta Knight is also good on it but it's Meta Knight so "whatever"

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Well Mansion is available at WHOBO. So what's your reasoning behind why they are good CPs?
PS? Obvious..
PS2? Nothing broken about it. No reason to ban it.
Jungle Japes: A) Nothing broken about it. B) It was usable in Melee, no reason to change that now.
RC? Seriously? That's not even remotely close to broken or bannable.
Frigate: Nothing broken. Borderline neutral actually.
Nofair? Nothing broken or bannable. Farther out there, sure, but still perfectly playable.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
PS? Obvious..
PS2? Nothing broken about it. No reason to ban it.
Jungle Japes: A) Nothing broken about it. B) It was usable in Melee, no reason to change that now.
RC? Seriously? That's not even remotely close to broken or bannable.
Frigate: Nothing broken. Borderline neutral actually.
Nofair? Nothing broken or bannable. Farther out there, sure, but still perfectly playable.
I don't think I said anything about PS...so yea

PS2: The treadmill/Ice/Windy parts of the stage definitely hinder Ike. So as an Ike main, it's something I want banned. As something in general for every character minus MK, it hinders their performance by a good margin as well. Plus, the treadmill leads to too many bad situations that can result in stupid deaths.

Japes: Falco is broken on that stage. It's a free win. Clap Trap is stupid and can change the match in one's favor too easily.

RC: I don't care as much about RC being banned. There are no random things going on in that stage that can kill you. I just hate it when I have to play an MK there.

Frigate: I agree, no reason for it to be banned. I just hate that right side of the stage.

Norfair: I just hate it cause the person who CPs there is looking to camp the **** out of you. People can be so gay on that stage (G&W is probably the worst there).

Overall, while I know CPs are meant to give one character an advantage over another, I'm against said CP if it means that one character receives a huge advantage which makes the match virtually impossible to win. So given Japes vs Falco, it's just stupid and you might as well go kill yourself if you are playing against him. Yes you can ban it, but then Falco will just take you to another stage where he can wreck you. He could take you to Frigate, and CG you off the right side, where Ike's recovery fails along with many other characters. So having Japes not available at least gives you a chance to play at a stage where you (Ike) isn't hindered as badly.

Stages like PS2 have too many things going on that makes each person worry more about the stage than their opponent. And I think if any smart MK wanted to use a CP, he would just wreck people even more on that stage.

With this all being said, the only stages that I wish were banned for the sake of more balanced competition would be...

PS2, Norfair, and Japes.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike like the windy parts against characters will less mobility in the air...so nearly half of the cast on PS2. Ice part lets him almost have a good approach. Japes is good against other character: just because one character can destroy us there doesn't mean it should be banned. At Norfair, camp them back.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ike like the windy parts against characters will less mobility in the air...so nearly half of the cast on PS2. Ice part lets him almost have a good approach. Japes is good against other character: just because one character can destroy us there doesn't mean it should be banned. At Norfair, camp them back.
I don't agree with the PS2 arguments. Ike's moves in the air are super slow and have a huge recoil time. Characters with fast air attacks (Eartbound, MK, Marth, Falco, Kirby, Fox, Wolf, Samus Z-air??, Sonic, etc.) can destroy slower characters on that part of the stage. The ice part isn't as good as people make it seem. If anything, it just makes spacing more difficult for both characters. Treadmill just sucks for everyone.

I understand Norfair is supposedly a good stage for Ike, but there is a good amount of the cast that can outplay Ike on that stage. Can you picture yourself chasing Falco, Fox, G&W, MK, Wario on these stages? I can't. It's almost impossible against an opponent with the same skill level as you.

Falco isn't the only one who destroys Ike or other characters on that stage. I was just giving the most noticeable example.

Random note: Anyone find it weird how these CPs generally benefit the higher tier characters? Lame.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Doesn't Brinstar benefit most of the low tiers?lol
As for counterpicks, that's competitive smash for you. It's always been like that, counterpicking playing an important role in smash.

Which is why I'm trying to pickup Marth/DDD/Snake >.>

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Doesn't Brinstar benefit most of the low tiers?lol
As for counterpicks, that's competitive smash for you. It's always been like that, counterpicking playing an important role in smash.

Which is why I'm trying to pickup Marth/DDD/Snake >.>
GTFO the Ike boards.

And take Penta with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom