• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Slaps, all I can possibly say to you is to control your offline/online ego or it'll get the best of you. Pretty much get out of the habit of thinking less of your opponent (even if he happens to be a scrub or at a lower caliber) and to expect the unexpected. Something that has been working for me as of late is to zone out everything in the room except the game, ignore the player's presence and then you should play as normal.
Kinda going off of this. You need to have a "Killer Instinct" when going into a tournament. Don't hold back, no matter what the level of the opponent. Your goal is to win. To do that, you have to go all out, even if it means destroying them.

But that doesn't necessarily mean you play an aggro game. I just mean to play your game without slacking off or getting nerve wrecked.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Slaps, all I can possibly say to you is to control your offline/online ego or it'll get the best of you. Pretty much get out of the habit of thinking less of your opponent (even if he happens to be a scrub or at a lower caliber) and to expect the unexpected. Something that has been working for me as of late is to zone out everything in the room except the game, ignore the player's presence and then you should play as normal.
Well i don't mean i sandbag because i think i am better. Just it helps me concentrate and i don't worry so much... I like that feeling better then the feeling i get playing offline tourney serious matches.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I tend to start my matches at 100% and continue at 100% until I have a really strong lead (if I never get a lead, obviously my opponent is a better player). Once I've got like a two-stock lead I tend to begin sandbagging even without being conscious of it.

At my recent bi-weekly I nearly three-stocked a guy but ended up almost losing the match cause I started slacking off and I wasn't able to pick up my momentum again. Actually it's very evident in a replay I managed to save. I had a shot at three-stocking a guy playing as ICs but ended up just 2-stocking him cause I got lazy at the end and started experimenting with jab -> Utilt without actually trying to space or anything.

:034:

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I had a similar experience at a weekly at University of Buffalo. I was up against some guy I normally pwnd so I end up sand bagging because I loved his expression when I turn the tides of battle on him (more priceless than when I made that 35 year old man cry in a game of yugioh a few years back xD).

I was careless, when I was about to shift into gear, I was glomped by this chick that was over there, couldn't regain focus and I got a killer nosebleed >.>

Slaps, if you insist on sandbagging, then do so for a short bit on your first stock, but also observe your opponent at the same time. Then hone in only to the game with the intention of defeating your opponent at all costs.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Agree. Inui is a smart player, and once he learns all the tricks of trade with Ike, I can see him being a top 3-5 Ike. From what I've seen, that's all he does, he baits people into his attacks and proceeds to punish. With this all being said, I don't think he's top 5 YET.

In no particular order: San, Kirk, Me, Ren, Lee, Durango (if he is still active) are all clearly better than him. Everyone else is a toss up.

Edit: I remember when I made a profile on some website...I got too many messages from girls, which resulted in a manhunt from the guys. I will contribute to this profile thing with a picture that is not me.

-Wanders off to find a picture of Penta-
Lol, no Bored, I'd take Durango out and put Wifi God in there.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Slaps, if you insist on sandbagging, then do so for a short bit on your first stock, but also observe your opponent at the same time. Then hone in only to the game with the intention of defeating your opponent at all costs.
Dude I don't really sandbag much, most the time i try and go into a game playing my best, or close to. When it comes to tourney I try and play my 100% best. But it's like my best is always different. Sometimes its my jab->grab game is amazing, sometimes its my reading, sometimes I am fast and full of empty jumps, and even some days I am like San (lol, somewhat close). It's weird, lol, at least that is what I have noticed in like replays i watch.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Originally we had planned to do it in Ashunera's Library, but yeah, this place is getting a bit crowded... I'd be up for moving it to a new thread as well. I think it would just consist of any people who try to contribute to the discussion and post [somewhat] regularly. That way, we won't have random players who only post in the Why do YOU play with Ike?? thread. I'd be up for managing the thread I suppose, since I was the one who conceived the idea from the Peach boards.

benaji261! said:
wtf we talkin bout with profiles now?

@_@?
The profiles are just a fun idea that I got from the Peach boards and proposed a while back before you joined; here's what the Peach boards do and here's what my profile is.

But yeah, if you guys are still up for doing the profiles, PM them to me and, assuming that we're starting a new thread, I'll create a new thread after I get 4 more profiles.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Profiles need to get done. I vote new thread... but only if we can get it stickied or something. The problem with putting them in Ashu's is that there's already so much **** in Ashu's OP.
Thats what makes it so awesome, although this year is been pretty lame compared to last :laugh: I kind of want it on here because it would be something i'd be doing for the boards too.

If everyone is ok with doing that then you can all just send me your profile info along with your picture or post it here and i'll work on it over thanksgiving. Soon as someone sends me theres completed I would post mine too.

edit: no metriod GTFO and go back to lurking!

edit2: how come i never saw that lol would have done mine long time ago if i did.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
A new topic would be more suited for this stuff. Ashu's is too congested and newbies wouldn't think much of looking here (as seen by previous examples).

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
The profiles are just a fun idea that I got from the Peach boards and proposed a while back before you joined; here's what the Peach boards do and here's what my profile is.

But yeah, if you guys are still up for doing the profiles, PM them to me and, assuming that we're starting a new thread, I'll create a new thread after I get 4 more profiles.
Wanting metroid to go back to his rock.
Ok, so who is doing it. We need a decision lol. Also dang I didn't know we missed Metroid's B-day lol, maybe i was the only one =\ haha

Also thank you Bored/FallenTwilight for input on my problem. =]

metroid1117

Smash Master
Ok, so who is doing it. We need a decision lol. Also dang I didn't know we missed Metroid's B-day lol, maybe i was the only one =\ haha
It's okay, haha; I didn't tell anyone about my birthday except on my AllisBrawl profile, so that's fine.

Anyways, I don't really mind who does it; I'd just prefer that it be in a different thread (regardless of it made by either me or Arturito) so that this thread isn't so cluttered.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Anyways, I don't really mind who does it; I'd just prefer that it be in a different thread (regardless of it made by either me or Arturito) so that this thread isn't so cluttered.
Agreed. If you wanna make the new thread Arturo that's fine by me, but it should definitely be a new thread. There are enough of us that it'll end up being a fairly large OP anyways, so to add it all to Ashu's would just be ridiculous.

You guys do need to decide who will make the thread though cause we need to know who to send our profiles to.

Edit: Do you think in our profile we should include a link to the most recent gameplay video of us? That way we can just talk about ourselves in our profile and let our vids do the talking about our Brawl skillz (or lack thereof).

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Lol. The thread's name should be
The Friends for Whom We Fight!

In other news, this holiday season, I'm thankful for girls.

The other douchebag can be thankful that [girl] left him before he wasted money on holiday shopping.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I have my own blend of colors. I'm pretty sure you'd like it as well.
How the ****? There's no way you inputted all those color tags manually. If you did, props, if not... how?

If you guys are wondering what I mean, quote that ^^^ so you can see all the tags.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I don't wanna put in color tags every time though. ;_;

That's crimson? Horrible.
SCREW THAT, I'm taking crimson. Favorite color. Final answer. Outta my house, Niddo.
Mr Doom. WTF. Lol.

Let's make another combo video. And let's super-impose our Ike profile pictures in front of Ike's face in all our respective clips. I already found some credits music for it. =D

(I'm sorry, I've been listening to that piece all day and it has me in such a happy, almost silly mood... I love that suite so much.)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
There is a website for it.
I didn't think RGB# color tags would work on Smashboards. For my text color the tag has to say DeepSkyBlue. This is what happens if I input the color code instead:

This is supposed to be blue.

It's weird because that's the tag that SWF defaults in if you just click the color palette without actually selecting the color... but it doesn't work.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I didn't think RGB# color tags would work on Smashboards. For my text color the tag has to say DeepSkyBlue. This is what happens if I input the color code instead:

It's weird because that's the tag that SWF defaults in if you just click the color palette without actually selecting the color... but it doesn't work.

^ Nysyarc's way.

V Mr. Doom's way.

It is written in hexadecimal format.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Let's make another combo video. And let's super-impose our Ike profile pictures in front of Ike's face in all our respective clips. I already found some credits music for it. =D

LMAO Ike with our faces on his? That's kinda awkward...
It's possible to make a texture hack like that btw

^ Nysyarc's way.

V Mr. Doom's way.

It is written in hexadecimal format.
Holy ****, stop hacking stuff.

benaji261!

Smash Ace

OH okay! That's seems like something I'd do with y'all. I play piano too Metroid! :D How long have you been playing? 14 years right here. :)

btw I'll take the yellow text :D

Also me and Ryo might meet up sometime today! He's in pcola and we might be able to friendly if I can get out of the house. Let you guys know how it goes. :D

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You girls and your colors.

If anyone wants to do some wifi tonight. Let me know. I might put up the matches on youtube to test some stuff out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom