• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
No-one said that, someone must be very conscious about his skill level

I feel like people are hinting me about it... like they can't just say something. Call me paranoid but I guess I am very conscious about my skill level. I'm not sure how well I am.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Marth > Ike > Marth/Olimar/Rob > MK > Marth > Snake > MK > Falco > MK > Melee Fox/MK. :)

I just really like playing rob, but he can't win a tourney with a good mk playing above your level, the mu is ****ing dumb.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
If there WERE to be another Ike boards video, it would only feature the well-known, best, and most active Ikes, sort of like the other one. And we'd have to take time planning it out and actually get someone to put it together.

My post from before was pretty much a joke, even though I'd really like to see another Ike boards combo video.
so more ikes besides midwest and EC this time?!! omg it would be an actual ike boards combo video :)

I never tried to get into the last one but it was really gay that bored got left out lol. Especially considering he was always this good its not like he gained skill over night and won LT hobo.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
If there WERE to be another Ike boards video, it would only feature the well-known, best, and most active Ikes, sort of like the other one. And we'd have to take time planning it out and actually get someone to put it together.

My post from before was pretty much a joke, even though I'd really like to see another Ike boards combo video.
so more ikes besides midwest and EC this time?!! omg it would be an actual ike boards combo video :)

I never tried to get into the last one but it was really gay that bored got left out lol. Especially considering he was always this good its not like he gained skill over night and won LT hobo.
What about TX Ike vid we originally planned on. I know it was pretty much all procrastination. I woulda sent clips just my bro's laptop is the only SD card compatible computer in my family, and he is at TAMS half the time so its impossible to use it. =[

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Why do you not like me? What did I ever do to you?
You're so cute. I act like this to everyone. Penta gets it the worst.

Metroid would reply to this post if I stated I picked up playing piano and I needed hints.

EDIT: Niddo, I tried uploading two of the matches (I only had one saved, but decicded to upload Ganon vs Falcon on FD), but youtube always gave me an error when I got halfway through uploading -_-. Trying one more time.

Palpi

Smash Hero
What makes you think I will drop it.

:)

All my avatars are too cool. You never were a **** to me. Plus, I wouldn't even care, not like anyone does. **** ETHUGS!!!!! lulz

<------------- GET AT ME

I will stick with the Thundercats theme. Or maybe a classic cartoon theme
MUMRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Brett, I am thinking of using that chopin song...revolution? for my song, its sooo amazing

inb4kirkwithclassicalsongoncombovideo
The Revolutionary Etude. It is an awesome piece of music. One of my favorite piano pieces. I should play it. As a matter of fact, I should make a list of pieces I should play, and keep that list. I forget about too many really good piano solos.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Saw that and I don't think we can do anything about it :(. D3 can block all of our attacks easily and get a free CG or Utilt at high %s. Counter comes out too slowly for D3's Utilt. I think the best "useful" option is to just QD away, but even that can lead to a free CG for D3. Do you guys think Bair could beat D3's Utilt? I think Bair and Eruption are probably Ike's only moves that can either come out faster than Utilt or for Eruption's case, have the SA frames kick in. That's how I'm seeing it right now, although once again, a good D3 can predict these, shield, then punish.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
To beat out Utilt:
Bair.. MAYBE, but I wouldn't trust a hope.
Eruption.. no. I would never try that.

To escape the chase:
QD away if you can land on a platform somewhere or manage to grab a ledge. Risky though.
Don't know what else.. if we can do anything with a second jump or not.

This does look like a threatening new tech, but not something that will change everything completely. I'm worried, but I'm not EXTREMELY worried.

Palpi

Smash Hero
D3's usually get an inhale or 2 a match, if you are at high percents..you are kind of ****ed.

Bair won't work. I am pretty sure only dair works with mk on the inhale.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
We're not MK, dummy, we're Ike. Anyway. Once we're at high %, we just have to learn that D3 will be going for an inhale. Whenever you consciously think about it, you can avoid it pretty easily. So just.. start expecting it more. I still feel more threatened by a Bair or a normal Utilt without the inhale first.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
@bored. That sucks. ;_; I think youtube has been acting up lately...

@D3 tech: Stupid Kirby characters, getting all of the crazy stuff.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Guys, that only works IF you try to struggle out of it from what I heard and tested.
But I think I need to do more testing lol

EDIT: Nvm ;-;

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
First one was an ike board combo video (+red-x). Not my fault that at the time the only people who gave me worthwhile clips were from the tristate area and illinois. Bored wanted to be awesome and come back after the vid came out. When you wanna make a combo video all you need to do is set your gameplay to "get the kill and **** the consequences" for like... a day and you'll get worthwhile clips (or you can just be kirk and just get impeccable timing/spacing moments).

My playstyle in all rights is very very very boring (and that's why I stopped doing ike combo videos) and reserved (I play far more defensive than a good number of you. When kirk and I teamed or fought he was always the approacher) but thats why my normal gameplay stays in normal gameplay videos.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Yeah, Arturo, you didn't really send clips, Bored... I dunno about him... and I wasn't good yet. I was still pretty trash when that video was made. I know at least the two of us had no business being in that video.
Next time though, whenever that is (maybe a few months from now?) (notice I'm talking as if it's for sure going to happen again), we ought to be in it.

In other news, I'm ****ing FULL. And the pie is yet to come.

omnomnomnomnonmom

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Niddo. Here is one match of ours. Tell me what you think of the quality and stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bo1Ox2Z-vw

Penta, you suck with Ike. No wonder NY in general can't do anything with Ike. When Penta is your second best Ike, you ain't getting very far.

Edit: Sound is a bit off, because I tried to up the frame rate to eliminate the character blurryness.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yay first stock. :D

It good quality on the picture. Not my choice of music though. >_> lol The sound that did come through past the song was good, I didn't really notice any issues.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
sorry
i don't main ike lol

plus your connection got incredibly laggy towards the end >_>
and you play him alot more than i do ._.
what did u expect lol

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Penta, you suck with Ike. No wonder NY in general can't do anything with Ike. When Penta is your second best Ike, you ain't getting very far.
****, he's kinda right LOL
No johns Penta.

Rykooooo, are you going to PolyBrawl this Saturday?

Bored, is that music added in with video editing or did you use replacement codes?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Yeah, Arturo, you didn't really send clips, Bored... I dunno about him... and I wasn't good yet. I was still pretty trash when that video was made. I know at least the two of us had no business being in that video.
Next time though, whenever that is (maybe a few months from now?) (notice I'm talking as if it's for sure going to happen again), we ought to be in it.

In other news, I'm ****ing FULL. And the pie is yet to come.

omnomnomnomnonmom
i know i didn't try i said that in the same post lol. I said it was gay that the texas ikes who tried to get in just got left out for w/e reason.

I thought Bored put some effort into making it in since he was pretty upset about being left out but if he wasn't oh well then who cares.

theeboredone

Smash Legend

Bored, is that music added in with video editing or did you use replacement codes?
Replacement Codes. Too lazy to edit.

i know i didn't try i said that in the same post lol. I said it was gay that the texas ikes who tried to get in just got left out for w/e reason.

I thought Bored put some effort into making it in since he was pretty upset about being left out but if he wasn't oh well then who cares.
Didn't really put in any effort. I just sent Ryko stuff from random replays I had saved back in my wifi days.

I felt like some material coulda made it, but I just used it as some motivation to do better with Ike.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I'll be there until I have to go to a reunion. I'm back into practiced shape again so I gotta put you in your place and stuff.
lmao ok, see ya there o-o

Also, I'm planning to buy some type of capture card tomorrow, what capture card has the best quality I can get for like....20-60 bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom