• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
The White House burned burned burned
And the Americans ran and cried!
And were the ones that did it!
In the waaaaaaaar.....of 1812!

>_>

<_<

I think I got the words right....

Don't want to be an American idio-*shot*

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Bored is the best
Bored beats the rest
A lady on each side
Makin it rain all night
Bored does his thang and shows them haterz why Ike is a threat.

UH. UH. YE. YUH. D-TOWN. TEXAS. WE BE DOIN IT...HAHA...WE BE ROLLIN IN THE G'Z! *Random gun shots*

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Light, your sig creeps me the **** OUT.

Just sayin'.
It creeps me out too, don't worry.

In other news my problem of whether or not to take my Wii to college or not has been solved very easily: The Wii broke. Like it just randomly stopped booting up at all. It's not much of a loss (I was probably going to swap out of the SWF Low Tier tourney in any case) but I wish there'd be a reason for it to suddenly shut down.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
it Creeps Me Out Too, Don't Worry.

In Other News My Problem Of Whether Or Not To Take My Wii To College Or Not Has Been Solved Very Easily: The Wii Broke. Like It Just Randomly Stopped Booting Up At All. It's Not Much Of A Loss (i Was Probably Going To Swap Out Of The Swf Low Tier Tourney In Any Case) But I Wish There'd Be A Reason For It To Suddenly Shut Down.
Brett! Get Yo *** Online And Kick *** And Take Names!

Random: One Piece ftw.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It creeps me out too, don't worry.

In other news my problem of whether or not to take my Wii to college or not has been solved very easily: The Wii broke. Like it just randomly stopped booting up at all. It's not much of a loss (I was probably going to swap out of the SWF Low Tier tourney in any case) but I wish there'd be a reason for it to suddenly shut down.
Man that sucks... same thing happened to my XBox about seven months ago, right when I was at my prime playing Halo 2 and CoD4. Now I haven't picked up an FPS since, I don't even know if I'd be good anymore...

EDIT: Keep in mind whoever takes Light's place is playing San first set... so they're gonna have to go from the loser's bracket starting right away, lol.

:034:

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Brett! Get Yo *** Online And Kick *** And Take Names!

Random: One Piece ftw.
I contacted Virgilius and asked him to replace me with Brett. Good luck, man!

And yes, One Piece ftw!

EDIT: Nysarc is right, haha. If the bracket wasn't so messy so as to have 2 Ike mains fight each other R1 then Brett would have an easier time of it all. Sorry :(

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Uh oh....

CTRL Z

DO NOT LIKE

DO NOT WANT

THIS PAGE SUCKS
Hey man you'll do fine! Just remember that you weren't initially good enough to be in the tournament, use that thought as motivation to kick everyone's *** anyways! You're an Ike main, nothing will stand in your way!

So guys... Brett's gonna get owned isn't he?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Looks like I'll have to prepare for that match. =\
Disregard my last sarcastic post. In all seriousness, I can help you out there. If you want we can have some WiFi matches tomorrow and I'll throw the best I've got with Ganon at you repeatedly until you're able to three stock me twice in a row as Ike on a Ganon-friendly stage. It may not come to that, but I have a pretty good Ganon and it'll not only warm you up for Wi-Fi playing but it'll familiarize you with the match-up.

Slaps could do the same so you get accustomed to fighting Ganons with different playstyles. His Ganon is pretty **** legit too, we had some awesome dittos.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
^ I would love that.

I just need to hook myself up to WIFI (if I freaking can... I actually have to try and do that now... I had troubles getting my Wii registered on the network here at college).

Kirk

Smash Champion
The button delay was real bad on my end(IL to AZ I believe), but possibly will be better since you're in TX.

That was my biggest hurdle...otherwise the fight wasn't too bad. I'm sure you'll do just fine. He CP'd PS1 against me, and I won on my RC counterpick. He beat me first game on battlefield...but I blame that on 1st game/wifi shenanigans....

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Topic kind of changed but...

you can claim it if you want bored but all i'm saying is its an empty title unless other people tell you so. I never claimed being the best in the TX until people told me so.

just need to make a bigger impact next time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's fine A_B. You were right. You have the stuff to back it up. However, I'll go by my own belief that I am the best in the region. It's not to come off as over confident or cocky, but I just feel like I am.

Anyways, check out this random Ike player I found. Hispanic Brawl woot! Flashy-ness ftw!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyXBp25om70

metroid1117

Smash Master
It's fine A_B. You were right. You have the stuff to back it up. However, I'll go by my own belief that I am the best in the region. It's not to come off as over confident or cocky, but I just feel like I am.

Anyways, check out this random Ike player I found. Hispanic Brawl woot! Flashy-ness ftw!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyXBp25om70
He was pretty good; if only he did more jab cancel mix-ups and less jab -> DTilt...

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i think the jab into dtilt was an error :laugh:

but overall pretty good
he handled himself really well when he was sent offstage

and lame MK is lame in the end=/

Melfice z

Smash Ace
If there ever is a list, it can't be in order by who is "best"; it would just have to be a list, since no one can really say "X is better than Y" unless the players are in the same region, go to the same tournament, and fight the same people.
i have to agree with you there... maybe just have a seprate "wifi ike colousseum" thread? if it dies, it dies but i think itd be a lot of fun... and theres nothing better than being critiqued first-hand! we could all teach each other a thing or two :)

metroid1117

Smash Master
i have to agree with you there... maybe just have a seprate "wifi ike colousseum" thread? if it dies, it dies but i think itd be a lot of fun... and theres nothing better than being critiqued first-hand! we could all teach each other a thing or two :)
That seems like what the Ike Finder Thread would be for... unless we convert the OP to include win/loss records over Wi-fi.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Problem with the Ike finder is that... like... we never use it. I doubt anyone actually visits that thread often, or maybe even at all. An ongoing Ike online tournament thingy would be pretty cool. Kind of like our own ladder or leaderboard type deal.

Plus it would give the few Ikes who are competing in this SWF Tourney some extra practice to get more accustomed to the lag and such. But would we actually be consistently active with it? It would certainly give us reason to use Ike Babies again (the xat chatroom).

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Problem with the Ike finder is that... like... we never use it. I doubt anyone actually visits that thread often, or maybe even at all. An ongoing Ike online tournament thingy would be pretty cool. Kind of like our own ladder or leaderboard type deal.

One big flaw, which was also involved in the tourny I hosted was that it was all Ike dittos. How are we supposed to determine a leader board and such if we are only doing dittos? You would have to get the entire SWF community to participate. But there is already something very similar to a ladder of sorts on AiB. Just look for the highest ranked Ike and go from there lol.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah but I don't fully agree with AiB's ranking system, even with the whole True Skill thing. It doesn't factor in character match-ups, number of matches won in a set (it just takes the outcome of the whole set), stock amounts and damage percents at the end of the match... it really isn't a good way to define a player's actual skill, because it only factors in raw wins and losses.

But you're right, all Ike dittos wouldn't work. And it's not like each of us can play well with evey single character
:psycho:

Kirk

Smash Champion
Except for ME. /evillaugh

I seriously consider Ike my worst matchup...for the life of me I just can't play against him well, which is one of the reasons why I dread the ditto.

Let's just do Random. That works for me. :)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I like doing random from time to time. I can play most characters pretty well... except Wario. I refuse to play as him... I just don't like him. Not because I can't beat him, I just don't like Wario... no idea why, just prejudice I guess.

I love playing as Jigglypuff, that's a good time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
In any case, that kinda stuff will have to wait until there is a more elaborate plan developed.

In other related news: Bored has teamed up with Neil Patrick Harris (Harold and Kumar, How I Met Your Mother) to speak about the need to aid the poor in Africa. Neil Patrick Harris has also been confirmed to be an advocate of banning MK.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Why are all of you trying to come up with a leaderboard? Its like why do you care? You don't need a leaderboard to find out your good... If you play good and place good then you are good! Its like you all can't let what Xyro said go! Its rediculous!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Why are all of you trying to come up with a leaderboard? Its like why do you care? You don't need a leaderboard to find out your good... If you play good and place good then you are good! Its like you all can't let what Xyro said go! Its rediculous!
What was the last constructive topic have we had in Ashu's? Before this came up, all I remember is people making a bunch of random posts about nothing. The topic nearly became a spam fest. If you have been reading of late, yes it first came out as a heated debate, but it has simmered down to a more constructive approach. Of course, someone who has not been reading would not know that. A leader board can provide an incentive to do better and get more personal tips, because you will be seeing differences on how you perform against said person, vs another individual. YOU of all people should know that not everyone has the benefit of attending every monthly, let alone weeklies. Yes, it's online, and the results may be skewed due to lag, but nevertheless, it does provide other benefits such as more knowledge and experience on match ups, tendencies, and various other things you can only gain by playing the game. Seriously Slaps, your post is too stupid to explain in words. Almost makes me want to put you below CK.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Almost makes me want to put you below CK.
Well at least he typed three lines... actually closer to two.

theeboredone said:
Bored has teamed up with Neil Patrick Harris (Harold and Kumar, How I Met Your Mother) to speak about the need to aid the poor in Africa. Neil Patrick Harris has also been confirmed to be an advocate of banning MK.
Wait... what?

As for developing a more elaborate plan about the leaderboard... we've really got nothing better to do right now. We really should come to a decision as to whether or not we'll actually follow through with this if we get it started though.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I think leader boards are GOOD for the character boards. If you think ABC shouldnt be above XYZ, then get out there and best him in events/MMs/dittos/ whatever. It advocates ike players to GET BETTER(and how can that be bad). Sure it may cause drama, but it takes 2 to drama. But in any case, please remember that Xyro's Samus(the green lesbian) will beat any and all ikes offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom