• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
For some character boards, sure it works. For this one though? No. We have a general sense of who is "top", who is "good", and who is "meh", and frankly that's good enough.

And nice job saying "offline" to cover your rear in the low tier tournament. :bee:

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
For some character boards, sure it works. For this one though? No. We have a general sense of who is "top", who is "good", and who is "meh", and frankly that's good enough.

And nice job saying "offline" to cover your rear in the low tier tournament. :bee:
Whether certain players are good or not shouldn't deter you from fighting them and testing your skills against them. I see no reason why this would be bad. Other than the fact that it would be mostly Ike dittos :ohwell:. You'd at least be able to learn a ****load from them and improve yourself as a player. I'd love to test my skills against Kirk, Kimchi and Ryko. Need a Wii first tho lol

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I don't see why we don't just have round robin Ike tourneys every once in a while (or bracket tourneys, if that's fine). Keeping a leaderboard with all wins and all losses is too permanent and could be very uneven (as in how many times you played someone at MY skill level and how many times you've played SAN's skill level).

Besides, with a tourney comes more motivation to BE INVOLVED because it's an -event-. Otherwise, we'd just never really use the leaderboard and it would fade. Very quickly.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Only Wii game I play online is Mario Strikers Charged. It's the only game online I take seriously, lol. I use to play online on Brawl, but seeing a spammy Lucario killed it for me.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
But Halo 3 isn't good, and has - in my opinion - the second worst community out of any game in the history of anything.

First belongs to Diablo 2.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I was honestly expecting worse from what I had heard before I got the game. It's fine.

And Halo 2 doesn't have Choppers. I love choppers. :D

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I had a hard time believing people when they talked about how bad the community is at first. I played the game for awhile, realized how true it was, then took advantage of it. Halo 3 players are so easy to induce rage upon. Just go in a game, ask "what's up," when they respond, just say "you sound like a homo." It's great fun.

For better results, always be one notch above everyone else on the rage-meter.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Halo 3 is stupidly overrated. Never in my life have I seen so much hype and praise for a game that is so...average.

Graphics are WAY overrated.
Gameplay improvement isn't much in comparison to Halo 2.
Apparently, community fails.
Campaign fails.
How'd this game get close to a 10 again? Reviewers gettin paid! Oh ****!

I'd rather play a better shooter like...oh iono...Killzone 2, MGS4 Online, or even Gears of War 2.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Lol wii online...-goes back to ps3-
Pfff, PS3, I don't even know anyone with any games that owns this system except one person, LMAO.

Halo 3 is stupidly overrated. Never in my life have I seen so much hype and praise for a game that is so...average.

Graphics are WAY overrated.
Gameplay improvement isn't much in comparison to Halo 2.
Apparently, community fails.
Campaign fails.
How'd this game get close to a 10 again? Reviewers gettin paid! Oh ****!

I'd rather play a better shooter like...oh iono...Killzone 2, MGS4 Online, or even Gears of War 2.
Though Halo 3 is over praised, it's still a good title to have for shooters. Just don't meet people that are in love with the game or they will ruin the fun for you. The first Halo is still the best because it has something that every other Halo is missing.... story. And MGS4 is more overrated than Halo 3 is, 24 hours of movie instead of gameplay. :/

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Pfff, PS3, I don't even know anyone with any games that owns this system except one person, LMAO.

Though Halo 3 is over praised, it's still a good title to have for shooters. Just don't meet people that are in love with the game or they will ruin the fun for you. The first Halo is still the best because it has something that every other Halo is missing.... story. And MGS4 is more overrated than Halo 3 is, 24 hours of movie instead of gameplay. :/
MGS4 is slightly overrated, but it's no where near the crazy-ness of Halo. In any case, I was saying that the MGS4 online play is a better shooter in general than Halo 3.

My friends are split on PS3 and 360, just depends on the area you live in...but I will also include that 50% of the 360 owners have suffered that stupid RROD thing xP. Nothin has happened to any of the PS3s we have. Oh and I'm a movie advocate so Blue-Ray + HD = Tasty.

Oh and if you were a MGS fan from the get go, you'd be used to long conversations, whether codec or movie scenes...personally I enjoy sitting back and listening to the story, especially on my first play through. After that, I just skip them. MGS probably has one of the best stories in video game history.

And I'd take MGS4 gameplay in general, single player and online over Halo 3 any day.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
3 days left for round 1 in low tier tourney.... Kimchi and Penta need to play their games... Looks like Brett will forfeit first round unless he gets wifi up... Soooo yeah lol

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Should I take Brett's spot if he can't get wifi up in time? >_> I can play most days, and I'd rather we have a crappy Ike in that spot instead of no Ike.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Well, it's not like any of us is going to beat San anyhow. So I wouldn't be worried about it anyway.

And of the Ikes that can still participate, I am.. well.. I suppose the most qualified to play?

So even if I don't get on WIFI by THIS weekend, I don't see any problem at all. Even if I were winning against San, I'd give him the match because I know he's better than I am and I'd rather him fight in the winners bracket for Ike than me.

If it were like.. me vs Penta, I'd actually fight it out because I think we're a bit more on par with each other.

But really. I'll do what it takes to get online.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol i woulda gotten my match done on the first day , im always on the computer lol>_>
inb4ursadpenta

anyway my opponents internetz is down so hes trying to fix it

he said i could take the win if he cant't get it by the deadline

theeboredone

Smash Legend
lol i woulda gotten my match done on the first day , im always on the computer lol>_>
inb4ursadpenta

anyway my opponents internetz is down so hes trying to fix it

he said i could take the win if he cant't get it by the deadline
What a noob (I'm talkin to you Penta). If it were me, I wouldn't care if his internet was down. I would go the **** way. That is, tell the host I'm here, ready to brawl everyday, and I can't because this guy's internet is down. Guy gets his internet fixed last day, I purposely don't show up. You get win, cause you were there most days. YE YUH.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
What a noob (I'm talkin to you Penta). If it were me, I wouldn't care if his internet was down. I would go the **** way. That is, tell the host I'm here, ready to brawl everyday, and I can't because this guy's internet is down. Guy gets his internet fixed last day, don't show up. You get win, cause you were there most days. YE YUH.
I was thinking the same.

Play to win, *****.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Don't take free wins like that n00b.

inb4referencetomyfirstroundatgauntlet

Also, SWF Ike boards are so active here than on AiB >_>
This has been a known fact for quite a while. Hence, why I dropped AiB.

That and it's infested with ads every time you load a page.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Don't take free wins like that n00b.

inb4referencetomyfirstroundatgauntlet

Also, SWF Ike boards are so active here than on AiB >_>
that was hilarious
i never heard of someone getting a free win because their opponent's mom made em leave LMAO

pssh and that sounds like a challenge
20 dollah MM's next gauntlet :mad:
<---serious ^^^^

This has been a known fact for quite a while. Hence, why I dropped AiB.

That and it's infested with ads every time you load a page.
lol use an ad blocker o.O
mozilla has an amazing one

-RedX-

Smash Lord
that was hilarious
i never heard of someone getting a free win because their opponent's mom made em leave LMAO

pssh and that sounds like a challenge
20 dollah MM's next gauntlet :mad:
<---serious ^^^^
Apparently, his mom was drunk(there were 2 liquor stores next to the venue)and he had to go lmao

No >.> I'll go for a $3 and under =)

Also, I so wanted to try out for the Ike LTT spots but...never got around to making an account here lol

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Apparently, his mom was drunk(there were 2 liquor stores next to the venue)and he had to go lmao

No >.> I'll go for a $3 and under =)

Also, I so wanted to try out for the Ike LTT spots but...never got around to making an account here lol
wtf?lmao
and yea..there are too many liquor stores here in my neighborhood>.>
you wouldn't believe the amount of drunks that wander here at night lol

3 dollars?cheapo:(
LOL

and i told you about the LTT when the try outs were taking sign ups D:
you fail

are ya going to bon qui qui...or whatever its called...in mineola ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom