• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Dude kimchi, im just ****ing around. The only reason i brought it up because you arrogantly said you were getting atleast top 20 at viridian.... and is thinking someone is good meat riding? Xyro asked a question and I merely answered it. you just have this personal grudge to prove that you are better than inui, because If this whole time I was saying san you wouldn't have brought meat riding up. You may be better than inui, but you have nothing to prove it with.
Didn't I just say I don't care that Inui's better than me with Ike? I was honestly joking about getting top 20 at Viridian. Do you honestly expect me to place top 20 with Ike given the fact that I only have my pitiful Wi-Fi experience? I just don't trust Inui's statement that he's one of the best Ikes which he stated about 6 months ago. He arrogantly came into a thread and stated that he was the best Ike, backed up with his low tier results. At that time, I had to admit his results were indeed impressive, but going along with what Ryko said about Inui's Ike, I wasn't convinced at all. I have no grudge against Inui. I'll wholeheartedly admit his Ike is better than mine right now because of his results. His Ike is better than mine, there. Is that what you wanted? And you're right about san, because san actually acts modest/helps the other Ikes out.

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
lol xyro don't come in here stating **** you don't truley understand... Inui top 3 ikes? WRONNNGGG , shugo already played inui's ike recently 1-3 weeks ago and said his ike is "AVERAGE" at best. Well compared to me... "**** wouldn't happen to me THO!!!!!!!"

Palpi

Smash Hero
Respect is all you need.

Ren respects his Ike soooooooooo much!

w/e rankings bring out the worst in people, and some of this "conflict" was from a big misunderstanding so, like kimchi said, lets move on to more productive things.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
nintendofreak, i respect my ike skills but im pretty sure youd be better than me XD lmao
No, mine is probably worse. My reflexes are slower then average, I can't pick out player patters until like, maybe the end of the third game, unless it's like "He uses Ftilt every single time he's on the ground." obvious, I myself have a very easy to pick up pattern, and I can't even waterspike well. :bee:

Honestly, fighting games were never my strong point. Strategy is more how my mind works....which is why I like Brawl. It's slower paced so unlike Melee, I actually have a chance of registering in my mind what is happening.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Niddo, are you good at mico-management in RTS games?
Nope, that my weakest point.

I'm better at FE then StarCraft for example. FE I can think my way through things. But in StarCraft, if my set pattern doesn't work, it's very unlikely I'll be able to turn it around and win.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Fair enough statement, Ryko, Palpi. It was late and I'm tired johnz.

However, I still use that argument between Ally and M2K. Since they meet in the finals usually. Whoever wins that night is the better player.

Bored, did we ever fight? Your name seems familiar to me for some reason.

Oh i also forgot, Mr. DOOM from missuri(or kansas?) is a **** good ike.
Nah, we never played. Brett told me about Mr. Doom at OH SNAP. He's improved a lot since last I heard of him, but I think Brett said I'd still do better in general against him.

A_B: Yea, guess I have to give you the top spot in the SW until I do better again.

ComboKing hasn't been that bad of late...so I'll include him in worst Ike discussion. I give it to Penta (unexpected!)

Palpi

Smash Hero
we should move on to bigger and better things like the sheik match up! It is so gay!

I am prolly overreacting a tad, but it would be good to discuss next.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
lol xyro don't come in here stating **** you don't truley understand... Inui top 3 ikes? WRONNNGGG , shugo already played inui's ike recently 1-3 weeks ago and said his ike is "AVERAGE" at best. Well compared to me... "**** wouldn't happen to me THO!!!!!!!"
Calm down, little buddy!

I came on here telling you my opinion. If i think inui is top 3 ike, im allowed to say that. Ive played and beat:

Mr. Doom(ranked 5th on his states PR)
A_B(Texas and maybe even the SW's BEST ike)
Teh Brettster(very solid ike)
Slaps(hes decent but not earth shattering)
Lee Martin(you already know about this beast)

And i have teamed with inui. I can tell you i know a good ike when i see it. Im not saying "INUI is the best ik and you cant argue other wise" because i have simply NOT fought "san" or "shugo" or whatever other ike that have been brought up. Relax, my boy.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
ComboKing hasn't been that bad of late...so I'll include him in worst Ike discussion. I give it to Penta (unexpected!)
You obviously don't remember that youtube video of me being 3 stocked by Espy. >_> It's kinda annoying to me. I can analyze things after the battle, and tell what I did wrong and what my opponent did wrong, but I can't tell in the middle of a fight.

For match-ups: Why haven't we redone Snake yet? >_>

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
speaking of good and bad ikes

how come we don't have a list of some of the pro ikes here

we have it on AiB o_o

or maybe there is one but i don't see it

*inb4gocheckstupid*

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The only reason for having a list is to motivate people to either stay on top or improve to move up top. With that being a legit reason for a list, I'm sure there are other pro's and con's to the list. Perfect example of a CON would be a person randomly barging in and declaring himself the best and continuing to insist he is when the general consensus is no >_>.

I am obviously the best ike in my house and that is all that matters.
If I'm ever in the Phili area, I'm spending the night at your place...for one night you will not be the best Ike in your house.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
WOW, thread explosion.

Okay.

I'm ALL for what Kimchi said. I don't really care that much about calling out who is better than whom, even though when SOME comparisons come to mind, I have MY OWN MENTAL answer. I'd rather just recognize who the good players are (everyone who has just been compared + more) and promote the advancement of EVERYONE's gameplay.

BTW, Xyro, I think I should be coming to the next HOBO (couldn't QUITE make it this time, even though I was planning on it).... I'd like to play you again. See if my ability to deal with spam has increased AT ALL (I really suck at dealing with spam).

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Strategy is more how my mind works....which is why I like Brawl. It's slower paced so unlike Melee, I actually have a chance of registering in my mind what is happening.
this, exactly :p my ike is more resourceful if anything, which is why i love the snake match up so well :D waterspiking has become pretty easy for me, and my offstage game isnt total crap anymore (penta XD) i was a total nubsauce in melee but i have a chance in brawl~

if it counts for anything ive never been bested locally :3 but my scrubby friend actually can take two lives off me with shiek =_= that tells you somethin...

Palpi

Smash Hero
The only reason for having a list is to motivate people to either stay on top or improve to move up top. With that being a legit reason for a list, I'm sure there are other pro's and con's to the list. Perfect example of a CON would be a person randomly barging in and declaring himself the best and continuing to insist he is when the general consensus is no >_>.

If I'm ever in the Phili area, I'm spending the night at your place...for one night you will not be the best Ike in your house.
Wait Is San coming over too then? OH **** I JUST SAID THAT!

Melfice z

Smash Ace
i second this action. i like the competitive aura >:D and the king-of-the-hill type feel to it would encourage us to improve (?). it could make things a little tense though... maybe just make a separate thread called "ike hall of fame" or "ike power rankings"? something like that?

metroid1117

Smash Master
i second this action. i like the competitive aura >:D and the king-of-the-hill type feel to it would encourage us to improve (?). it could make things a little tense though... maybe just make a separate thread called "ike hall of fame" or "ike power rankings"? something like that?
If there ever is a list, it can't be in order by who is "best"; it would just have to be a list, since no one can really say "X is better than Y" unless the players are in the same region, go to the same tournament, and fight the same people.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Calm down, little buddy!

I came on here telling you my opinion. If i think inui is top 3 ike, im allowed to say that. Ive played and beat:

Mr. Doom(ranked 5th on his states PR)
A_B(Texas and maybe even the SW's BEST ike)
Teh Brettster(very solid ike)
Slaps(hes decent but not earth shattering)
Lee Martin(you already know about this beast)

And i have teamed with inui. I can tell you i know a good ike when i see it. Im not saying "INUI is the best ike and you cant argue other wise" because i have simply NOT fought "san" or "shugo" or whatever other ike that have been brought up. Relax, my boy.
I <3 you too Xyro love the encouragement! =]!... And wait wasnt it you that told me
Xyro77 said:
that person who beats you would NEVER go ike when a match that was super serious.....you know why? Hes not good with ike and he knows he would get beat. But YOU, you will go ike no matter what and that means that later on down the road you WILL be better than him.
So first of all who cares about Inui's Ike!

second as I recall back after Whobo you told me
Xyro77 said:
anyways, your a good kid and a good ike, all you need is more exp....and heck, we ALL need that.
and now I'm decent? Wow thanks Xyro thats all I have to say about this topic

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
These last three pages are a perfect example of what happens when several unsympathetic Ike mains get at each others throats... come on guys, we need to stick together and fight for each other, not against each other. The moment we Ike mains start turning on each other is the moment... well realistically it won't change much... but I still disapprove regardless.

So let's put all this nonsense behind us and focus on discussing how badly San, Kirk, Kimchi, Light and Penta are going to dominate the competition in this tourney eh?

/sympathetic side

Or you can all continue to sulk and have temper tantrums like little babies... your choice really :lick:

/unsympathetic side

:034:

TheMike

Smash Lord
2 Questions:

- What is the SDI that i have to do so as to get out of Ike's Jab>Crounch>Jab>Crounch>... ?
- What are Ike's attacks that trips the opponent and its best follow ups?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
2 Questions:

- What is the SDI that i have to do so as to get out of Ike's Jab>Crounch>Jab>Crounch>... ?
- What are Ike's attacks that trips the opponent and its best follow ups?
1) I think away is best. But if you do it every time, Ike will predict you and chase you.
2)

^ That's the best answer for #2.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I <3 you too Xyro love the encouragement! =]!... And wait wasnt it you that told me

So first of all who cares about Inui's Ike!

second as I recall back after Whobo you told me

and now I'm decent? Wow thanks Xyro thats all I have to say about this topic
Decent and good is the same thing in my book, its just how i say it at the time. ON wifi you have gotten MUCH better than in previous months. In person i have only played you that one event

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
ACTUALLY both Dair and Fair have a 10% chance of tripping from like 0-3%.

Really useful, I know.
dammit you stole my post T_T
i had it all typed out but i didnt click "submit repy" cuz i got distracted by House :mad:

LOL >.>

but yea...fair can trip...
since it is a laggy attack,you can't really follow up with anything
but if you're good at predicting which way your opponent will roll (or stay in place) after the trip,when you might be able to follow up with a dash or another fair or even an ftilt....probably lol

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Why do people get hit by Dair ->Dsmash lol. Its like sooo bad.

I'm the best Ike who mains Ike in Jamaica lol

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'm the best Ike who mains Ike in Jamaica lol
Wait... you're Ike and you also main Ike in Brawl? Or you're Ike in Brawl and you main Ike... but only while in Jamaica... or maybe you're only Ike in Jamaica and you main Ike everywhere?

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I mean that I'm the best Ike main in Jamaica.
I know, it's just the way you worded it was priceless :laugh:

theeboredone said:
Apparently, Ike lives in Jamaica. Interesting...
More like several Ikes live in various places all over the world... and of those Ikes, many also main Ike. Of those Ikes who main Ike, some live in Jamaica. And of those Ikes who main Ike in Jamaica, Marauder is the best. Yayz!

EDIT: But wait! He says he's the best 'Ike' who mains Ike in Jamaica. Therefore, he isn't necessarily the best Ike main, but he is the best Ike of all of the Ikes who main Ike in Jamaica. Still following me?

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, Ike lives in Jamaica. Interesting...
He likes tropical breezes, white sand beaches and high crime rates. Go figure :ohwell:

EDIT: But wait! He says he's the best 'Ike' who mains Ike in Jamaica. Therefore, he isn't necessarily the best Ike main, but he is the best Ike of all of the Ikes who main Ike in Jamaica. Still following me?

You said the same thing lol. It was kinda like that old Ninjalink statement: "The best Diddy that doesn't main Diddy." Not sure if you were around when he was called that.

EDIT: I approve of Light's sig because One Piece is the ****. Changing my avatar too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom