• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Than you Alex, Crismas, and all apex staff for making this possible.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
^should be the name of the combo video he is about to make off just his Apex Replays.

KEITARO!!!!!!

DON'T FORGET MY RED BLAZERS (THE SHOES)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
*sigh* still no melee doubles bracket.

alex strife, please don't forget my controller :D
Chain-Ace, D1, and I have been working on it for the past 48 hours.

We're almost done, and the bracket looks absolutely amazing. I think you guys will love some of these matchups.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm going to hate if me and strong bad have to play some team in which they both play the same low tier

baka4moé

Smash Champion
not even close

he isn't even ranked (which means that hes inactive) AND he'd be outside of the top 5 if he was. That pool is way too easy, please consider how inactive Smashmac has been too...

also, if at ALL possible, could you please switch Vish out with a similar seed? I already played Vish at G2 Pools, and when you pay $1000 dollars for a tournament, trust me, you don't do it to play people you have already played.
my pool is a little too hard imho, considering how well I do in europe/did at g2 (17th place along with Kage, Axe etc) and the fact that I placed 4th at BEAST 2 (which was probably the hardest qualifier except maybe rom 4)

Maybe switch me out with ravenlord? That'd make both pools much more balanced imho and its a REALLY easy and fast change

oh and I totally understand if you won't change things at this stage.
I just wanna help point things out since you guys don't seem to know much about europes scene (no offense)

Apex hype btw, leaving in a few hours!
the only problem with this is that vish, although really good, probably is more of an upper second seed than first seed material. at least its good to know that what i thought about this pool seems to hold true.

gl btw. are you using falco or fox this time?

Mprime

Smash Ace
Did anyone else see vinies icies get 3-0'd by the japanese olimar in a 10$ bo5 MM? I did, and he cp'd FD twice.

:phone:

zmx

Smash Lord
Did anyone else see vinies icies get 3-0'd by the japanese olimar in a 10$ bo5 MM? I did, and he cp'd FD twice.

:phone:
Yes, I'm pretty sure a lot of people in this thread have seen it by now.

Honestly, I don't see anyone stopping Nietono other than maybe DEHF. Nobody else is consistently good enough in the olimar MU.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Anti is by all means capable of beating Nietono. And you can never count out Ally.

:059:

zmx

Smash Lord
Anti is by all means capable of beating Nietono. And you can never count out Ally.

Ally has lost to Dabuz the last two times they met iirc. Granted it was MK banned but still. This guy is on another level. He's a lot better than Dabuz imo.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Reminder about the Ganon Gauntlet:

THE GANON GAUNTLET

In this brutal trial, challengers take on a gauntlet of SEVEN of the world's top Ganondorfs in a series of 1 stock, best of 1 sets (3 mins, 10 LGL). Can you survive?

Rules:
- Either $5, $10, or $20 to enter the gauntlet. You win $10, $25, or $50 respectively if you successfully defeat every Ganon. (subject to change)
- The Gauntlet will take place over the course of one day. The time/date has yet to be decided, but it will be finalized by the time APEX comes.
- Each Ganon chooses his own stage (from the APEX stagelist)
- Ganoncides ALWAYS count as a win for Ganon.
- Challengers are not character locked--pick whoever you want. MK legal.
- If the challenger leaves the Gauntlet for any reason, it counts as a forfeit. Make sure you have no matches to play before starting the Gauntlet. We will try to hold the Gauntlet during a long period of downtime so it doesn't interfere with matches.
- Challengers are first come first serve. There will likely be a signup list at the tournament to facilitate this.
- More rules to come if there are any questions.
It will be taking place FRIDAY afternoon, probably around 3-4 pm. Signups to challenge the Gauntlet will happen AT Apex, first come first serve.

If you're interested in being in the Ganon roster, post in this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315516 Also try to get there early so you can try out. Most of the best Ganons in the country will be trying out so it'll be tough to get on.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Look, I've been telling you guys for years that Nietono is easily on the same level as the very best players in the USA, back when people thought Brood was the ****. I was aware of what that guy is capable of before you even heard his name. And I'll tell you right now that there's a number of players that have a legitimate chance to beat him - Anti and Ally are most certainly among those people.

zmx

Smash Lord
Lol Ally isn't USA nor has he shown consistency in the MU.

Anti, I'm not sure about but I doubt it.

DEHF has the best chance imo but considering how stacked this tourny is, I wouldn't be at all surprised if people like Anti/DEHF don't even make it out of second round pools.

Djent

Smash Champion
I have no doubts that there are people capable of beating Nietono and the other foreign players, but it all depends on how the bracket aligns. My prediction that as many as 4 top 8 spots could go to international players is entirely reasonable. Also, I was at the last Apex - I remember the difference in how people *said* the Japanese would perform vs. how they actually did. Now people are saying that Nietono could very easily win this tournament - that kind of 180 from a very cocky scene is telling.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol @ anti not getting out of pools. you cant make a pool of 4-5 people that he would lose to 2 people in outside of m2k, ally and nairo.

whos nairo teaming with btw?

zmx

Smash Lord
lol @ anti not getting out of pools. you cant make a pool of 4-5 people that he would lose to 2 people in outside of m2k, ally and nairo.

At a normal tourny, I would agree. At this one however a lot of stuff that shouldn't be possible is. There are 400 people, just about anything could happen. And I'm sure a lot of top players WILL get screwed by stacked Round 2 pools if upsets happen in round 1.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@ zmx
you wanna put some money on it?

also, MK takes out a lot of the randomness that could happen to somebodys pool and bracket matchups.

for example, DEHF could easily end up in a second round pool with esam, chu and lain. and all of a sudden hes not getting out of pools because he got all of falcos bad matchups. That kind of thing isnt going to happen to somebody antis level playing MK.

KevinM, GDI man, dont you play any fair characters...?

Ill think about it.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
What Ally said. He can still take this.

Anti destoryed Brood too. Nietono is better so we'll see what happens with that.

And don't ever count out M2K. Nairo is also godly vs Olimar.

I don't care about USA winning, I just care about the Japanese not winning. Mr. R or Zero can win and ill be happy.

Djent

Smash Champion
Ally is sort of transcendant at this point - he's still a Canadian player at heart, but he's honed his skills in too many places to belong to one region only. Mew2King is the same way, except he's even more of an extreme case.

EDIT: You can just ignore this post and ask Ally what he thinks. :troll:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Anti, I'm not sure about but I doubt it.

DEHF has the best chance imo but considering how stacked this tourny is, I wouldn't be at all surprised if people like Anti/DEHF don't even make it out of second round pools.
You're an idiot lol.

ADHD

:017:

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I'm wondering why I wasn't added into pools?
I PMed Full Metal before pools were made and informed him Alex Strife said it was OK to add me in with a screencap of our conversation, but I wasn't added.

Is there going to be a revised 2nd version of the pools coming up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom