• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
haha

Smash won't be in Evo

but it's still awesome that Apex is an official Evo tournament. that probably means there will be MAD fgc players at Apex now, since Evo points are up for grabs. get hype!

ycz12

Smash Ace
Alternatively, are any Brawl players driving down from Boston on Friday? I'd probably be okay with missing singles and still getting to spectate stuff if it meant not having to fly.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Wonder if anyone could go about organizing Melee/Brawl side tournaments at EVO. MrWizard (on the EVO announcement podcast) sounded pretty open to side tournaments for any game.

hype hype hype

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
HELP ME :(

Due to problems that have arisen because I am an idiot, I need to find a way to get from Boston at 6:30 am on 1/6 to Rutgers University, NJ by 3 pm-ish. Can anyone help me out?

Relatedly, Continental Airlines offers the two following itineraries on 1/6:

For $352, I can take Flight CO1158 from Boston to New Brunswick.

For $122, I can take Flight CO1158 from Boston to New Brunswick, wait two hours, and then take Flight CO4824 from New Brunswick to Philadelphia.

I'm not sure what's up with this, but is anyone familiar enough with airline travel to say if taking the latter option and ditching in New Brunswick would be a bad idea?
if you check baggage its a really bad idea
otherwise u good

steep

Smash Lord
I'M IN NEW JERSEY!!!! I am going with a friend of mine to see NY tomorrow and Thursday and then due to a mixup with my hotel I will be staying in the HOJO on Thursday night instead of the Hyatt but I'm staying in the Hyatt Friday night and Saturday night. I want to play as many people as I can so GET AT ME!!!!! Hit me up at the HOJO on Thursday night and the Hyatt on Friday night and Saturday night!!!!

P.S. - I am not really well known but I am a pretty legit Mario main from the MW. I also play a pretty good Luigi and Olimar. Brawl only btw… Melee is fun I just have not invested any time in it so I SUUUUUUCK at it. BTW I have an SD card with the latest Brawl minus on it so anyone who has a wii and homebrew, we can play some minus.

M@v

Subarashii!
With the inevitable surge in fgc players now, I am legitimately scared the venue won't be able to hold everyone, let alone have enough setups. The evo thing better not take precedence over smash, unless we're on the circuit now too.

With that out of the way, starting my trip to apex tomorrow! Hyped as hell!

:phone:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
it was just announced 3 days ahead of when the tournaments happening, people arent getting plane tickets for this lol

ycz12

Smash Ace
Okay, ignore everything I have said so far. Can anyone offer me a ride from the Newark airport (EWR) at around 11:30am, or a ride from the New Brunswick train station around 12:30pm?

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
****. 'merika bout to get that d**k from the land of the rising sun
Good thing it's only like 4.5 inches, otherwise there'd be a problem on our hands. :smirk:

KID's money match list.

Melee:
Bl@ckChris
Carroll
Dazwa
Solar
Strong Bad (I enjoy free money)
Crush
Berserker S
Nintendude

Brawl:
EE
ESAM
Every DDD main
JTails
FOW
EVERY Ike main
Chibo
Xzax
Sync
Luckay
Mr. R
Death by suarez
K Prime
Delta-Cod
Mekos
BloodCross
Prawn
Bizkit
Roller
Patches

Marvel:
MechWarrior
D-Torr
Everyone sponsored by LB
DRDN
Diem
Zucco

Let me know if you should/want to be on this.

EDIT smash is def. not in evo if thats what ppl are asking
Hey KID put me on the list of "People taking KIDGoggles' money".

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Me and Kuro are boarding our plane in a few hours

Lets do this *****aaaaaaaa

--- Papa Mink

Everyone better call me papa.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anyone driving up from PA on Thursday? Rauleen and I have to fly into PA and then take a train to the venue. We arrive in PA at 11:24am. Anyone want to show us around the city/take us? We will just take the metro if not but might as well ask.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I'm concerned with time on Saturday. Apex has essentially an entire Brawl national to run (Take out top 8 and you still have more than every other national) while also doing three other non-smash games and attempting to do an 8v8 crew battle of people who will for certain still be in the tournament until the wee hours of the night.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Anyone driving up from PA on Thursday? Rauleen and I have to fly into PA and then take a train to the venue. We arrive in PA at 11:24am. Anyone want to show us around the city/take us? We will just take the metro if not but might as well ask.
I arrive in PA 12:05pm Meeting Atomsk and vVv Zero and we going to NJ

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Wonder if anyone could go about organizing Melee/Brawl side tournaments at EVO. MrWizard (on the EVO announcement podcast) sounded pretty open to side tournaments for any game.

hype hype hype
A side tournament having more entrants than the real tournaments would be pretty **** :awesome:

Mr Wizard said he's open to having Smash Wii U at a future Evo. So, fingers crossed. Hopefully Apex will be a way of showing the FGC that we've matured since Evo 2008.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Train of course ;)
kk, We really want to get a philly cheesesteak though. We get there about 30 mins before you guys so if you wanted to find us we could take the train together. Both Rauleen and I have atomsks number if it's still the same.

tekkie

Smash Master
38 12 "Family Appreciation Day" TBA TBA January 7, 2012
Apple Bloom doesn't want Granny Smith to embarrass her by speaking in her class.[9]

:pinkiepie:

M@v

Subarashii!
kk, We really want to get a philly cheesesteak though. We get there about 30 mins before you guys so if you wanted to find us we could take the train together. Both Rauleen and I have atomsks number if it's still the same.
I'm driving from central PA to APEX on thursday, but I'm pretty sure going to philly would be going off the main path for me.

You guys staying at the hyatt?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm driving from central PA to APEX on thursday, but I'm pretty sure going to philly would be going off the main path for me.

You guys staying at the hyatt?
Nah we are staying at the Howard Johnson.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Man AE and marvel gonna be so hype at this now that this is EVO qualifier I can't wait

Also anyone I know need a hotel spot? Staying at hojo 40 for the entire weekend Thursday night - Monday checkout

:phone:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
KevinM Id love to play you, since youre one of the few people thats been playing smash longer than me. But Im not going to put money up against a fox in melee. eff that noise.

and Mike, Ill put you on the list but are you really going to want to play me after I body leon in pools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom