• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
For anyone who wants the story on the FGCU players.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...2uzQBg&usg=AFQjCNGzrenEkRuQXGlyxhpZAZtnljQ6PA

TL:DR
Florida Gulf Coast University is our sponsor. They are paying for travel (8 plain tickets) and Housing (Hyatt) totaling $3117.00.

For some reason Kid made a post that made it seem like less of an achievement then what it is. Everyone that goes to college can do exactly what i did with dedication. if anyone needs help or pointers PM me. There is no need to get defensive or salty or what ever KID is over it.
Im not gonna lie to you, Im super salty about this. I wish a college would have given me money to go to a national. But a friend of mine already pointed out to me, that that never happened because I never really asked.

And just like Stingers I respect you guys' hustle, but im still gonna be salty that i had to pay for my shiz out of pocket.

That being said, you guys put in work, and I have no ill will.

That being said, We should money match.

zmx

Smash Lord
zmx you are ****ing ******** if you think anti and dehf arn't going make it out of 2nd rd pools/anti doesnt have a chance of beating nietono
I didn't say either of those things. At all. I merely expressed that due to the nature of this tournament there is a slight possibility that top players could get screwed and not make the bracket. If you read properly, you'd see someone actually gave a scenario where DEHF could potentially not make it. Is it likely? Of course not. But it's possible.

For example, Leon is obviously expected to make it but he has Delta in his pool.........

That's why I asked him to explain why he insulted me based off of an incorrect assumption. If people actually took the time to read things carefully they wouldn't lolrage so much. I expect both of them to make top 16 at least but it doesn't change the fact that with 400 contestants, anything could happen. Nothing is really guaranteed except perhaps the top of the top doing well.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Makes me wonder how good platform cancelling is for Snake. NA snakes hardly ever do it but that's the second Euro Snake I've seen that does (though I'm aware Mr R just loves it in general). I'm not sure if it worked because it was gimmicky or if it allows for some legit mixups (for Snake on SV).
It definitely does. I use too :) (I'm also from europe :p)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Anyone heard of Tasty Goldfish, I know of Weon-X. Only video i found was an old Samus game of his

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Doubles bracket is just plain dumb. Ice + Amsah way too close to Mango + G$ and S2J + Lovage way too close to M2K + Armada. Bottom bracket looking way more stacked than upper bracket.
Who even made this ****?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
To Mink and all other partiers what's the plan hotel party Friday club sat?
That sounds like a good plan. The only thing is that I don't have a room, i'm sharing it with FGCU who is nice enough to let me sleep on their floor.

So, itd have to be at someone elses room, though i could buy alc and i brought shot glasses.

And i know my FGCU friends are down to drink.

Though, i can't get too drunk/intoxicated. I have to win everything on saturday morning.

DRDN, text me.

And To everyone else...

FOOLS!

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Now its time for meleers to ***** up a storm

Omg we don't have to wait until qtr finals to see Hype matches
Like really guys wtf quit *****ing and be glad those matches get the hype started early and it will only grow because the teams that lose there will be 1 match away from elimination

OMG I forgot about the duty free :) soooo much happier now

And I think my room should be fine to party in its an MI room so that's how we roll all the time :)

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
They shouldn't be facing each other in 1/8th finals though, more like semis and at least quarters.

Ice and Amsah aren't exactly bad enough to go to losers so early.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
s2j/lovage & m2k/armada clearly needs to be fixed

they both have tournament seeding wins for ****s sake.

Chain-ACE: You done ****ed up this seeding bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom