• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lemon + Sora wasn't entered because Lemon put his partner as Sokcorey Chan. Added you guys in.

UPDATED DOUBLES BRACKET, AS EVEN AS IT'S GONNA GET WITH 100 TEAMS, NO POOLS AND SEPARATING TEAMS BY REGION + SOME HAVE SEEDING PRIORITY!!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
What's this about eggm?
anyway pc should team w/ whoever he wants, im just saying as a spectator it'd be much more fun to watch pc and shiz than pc and...yeah.
but believe me im more than experienced enough in the field of self interest...all the more power to max for landing a keeper =]

:phone:

Djent

Smash Champion
Winners:

It's easier to predict the doubles' brackets than the singles' ones because we already know the matchups. For instance, I would normally predict that Gnes/Ultimaterazer would get top 4, but looking at this bracket I see that they fight M2K/Anti in WQF, and the loser of that matchup will face the loser of Ally/Dojo and MikeHAZE/Tyrant for 9th place. Given the circumstances, I can't put all of the teams I'd *expect* to be in the top 8 in the top 8...the brackets simply won't allow it.

That being said, prepare for Redhalberd/Rich Brown to **** things. They are seeded as "experts" but have no seeding points - this isn't a problem though, because their portion of the bracket is (comparatively) easy. If they can win their first two tough matchups (Mr. R/Orion and the winner of Vinnie/Snakeee & DEHF/Vex), and I think they can, then they will *most likely* get top 8. Likewise, if Nick Riddle/Seibrick can beat Ally/Dojo 2nd round (and knowing Florida's abilities against Snake, it's possible), they will also get top 8.

On the Melee side, it's a similar story. As good as Lovage/S2J are (I would normally put them in the top 8 for sure), I just don't think they're going to beat M2K/Armada in Round 3. The same can be said of teams like Plup/Hungrybox - theoretically beastly, but unlikely to place top 8 simply because of who they're facing. That being said, I think Amsah/Ice can do very well if they can upset G$/Mango in Round 4 (very possible). If not, G$/Mango will get top 3 for sure.
EDIT: Lovage/S2J got moved, so their odds are much better. Yet Chudat/Kage could still potentially beat them (seriously, when was the last time Chudat *didn't* get top 8 - it's usually with unusual team partners, too!).

Brawl singles is difficult, but I think it will go to someone new. For instance, Anti could win if M2K/Ally get sent to losers' early by an unfamiliar matchup, since Anti's matchup knowledge is god tier. I also think ESAM and Vinnie are possible champions, but the stars would have to align just right, so to speak. As much as I hate to admit it, the most probable champion in my eyes is Nietono. I can only think of a few players who could dethrone him, whereas I can envision other players losing to a larger number of people. And in a bracket this large, the most probable winner is the one with the fewest weaknesses.

Melee, on the other hand, will not be won by someone who has not won a national before. It's very possible that we will see a Mango/Armada rematch in Grand Finals. However, I'm going to qualify that by saying that it will depend on S2J's performance. He's lost to Armada twice now, but something tells me he could beat him this time. He's a *really* high seed too (64 points, just like Armada), so his odds of getting far in the bracket are definitely improved. In the end though, Mango has the greatest chance of winning, but only if his patience holds out long enough for him to handle the more defensive players.

Varist

Smash Lord
yeah wtf i don't even play brawl and i recognize all 3 of those names, what were they thinking?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
LOOOOOOOOOOOL KEITARO

NOTE FOR EVERYONE STAYING AT THE HYATT

BRING A TV, THE TVs IN THE ROOM IS
a) LCD AND THEREFORE LAGS
b) DO NOT HAVE ANY INPUTS FOR GAMING CONSOLES

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Lemon + Sora wasn't entered because Lemon put his partner as Sokcorey Chan. Added you guys in.

UPDATED DOUBLES BRACKET, AS EVEN AS IT'S GONNA GET WITH 100 TEAMS, NO POOLS AND SEPARATING TEAMS BY REGION + SOME HAVE SEEDING PRIORITY!!

It looks like you removed S2j/Lovage from the bracket. Was that a mistake?

LLDL

Smash Hero
honestly it's totally ridiculous that sung, nando, and kou are in the same pool. couldn't one of them be put into a different pool?
You're right. They were not all originally in the same pool. Idk how they all ended up in there. That's been fixed

stingers

Smash Obsessed
why are we fighting lovage and s2j now? we were fighting darell and tang before...still hard but this is just rediculous -,- I'm PRed in nc at least, thats gotta be worth something >.>

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm playing tonight at my place near New Brunswick with some people. Any smashers interested (Brawl preferred) hit me up. If you're in New Brunswick or Piscataway I can pick you up and bring you here.

LLDL

Smash Hero
why are we fighting lovage and s2j now? we were fighting darell and tang before...still hard but this is just rediculous -,- I'm PRed in nc at least, thats gotta be worth something >.>
Lovage and S2J were fighting Armada and M2K, and they both have priority seeding, so that was a major blunder. Can't really be helped =(

Player-1

Smash Legend
Asked this in the setup thread but haven't gotten a response and we are leaving soon. Would bringing a wii + brawl help with no tv or do you guys have plenty of them?

:phone:

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Lovage/S2J won a road to apex team event. How can they not get a bye in the first round?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Someone made an error in the bracket. S2J-Lovage are supposed to have a bye and are supposed to be in a specific part of the bracket... will be fixed shortly.

Djent

Smash Champion
Honestly, not having a bye and fighting Chudat/Kage was an improvement over having one and fighting M2K/Armada LOL. But anyway, it's cool that you're willing to fix that too. :cool:

_umbra_

Smash Champion
damn, if javi and triad prodigy win their first, it's m2k and armada in the second round... This'll be fun to watch ^_^

Heartstring

Smash Legend
There's still a bit of an error on it :L
Also, My phone isnt sending texts, Claims the network is too busy, but i can make calls just fine, any ideas?

zmx

Smash Lord
It's easier to predict the doubles' brackets than the singles' ones because we already know the matchups. For instance, I would normally predict that Gnes/Ultimaterazer would get top 4, but looking at this bracket I see that they fight M2K/Anti in WQF, and the loser of that matchup will face the loser of Ally/Dojo and MikeHAZE/Tyrant for 9th place. Given the circumstances, I can't put all of the teams I'd *expect* to be in the top 8 in the top 8...the brackets simply won't allow it.

That being said, prepare for Redhalberd/Rich Brown to **** things. They are seeded as "experts" but have no seeding points - this isn't a problem though, because their portion of the bracket is (comparatively) easy. If they can win their first two tough matchups (Mr. R/Orion and the winner of Vinnie/Snakeee & DEHF/Vex), and I think they can, then they will *most likely* get top 8. Likewise, if Nick Riddle/Seibrick can beat Ally/Dojo 2nd round (and knowing Florida's abilities against Snake, it's possible), they will also get top 8.

On the Melee side, it's a similar story. As good as Lovage/S2J are (I would normally put them in the top 8 for sure), I just don't think they're going to beat M2K/Armada in Round 3. The same can be said of teams like Plup/Hungrybox - theoretically beastly, but unlikely to place top 8 simply because of who they're facing. That being said, I think Amsah/Ice can do very well if they can upset G$/Mango in Round 4 (very possible). If not, G$/Mango will get top 3 for sure.
EDIT: Lovage/S2J got moved, so their odds are much better. Yet Chudat/Kage could still potentially beat them (seriously, when was the last time Chudat *didn't* get top 8 - it's usually with unusual team partners, too!).

Brawl singles is difficult, but I think it will go to someone new. For instance, Anti could win if M2K/Ally get sent to losers' early by an unfamiliar matchup, since Anti's matchup knowledge is god tier. I also think ESAM and Vinnie are possible champions, but the stars would have to align just right, so to speak. As much as I hate to admit it, the most probable champion in my eyes is Nietono. I can only think of a few players who could dethrone him, whereas I can envision other players losing to a larger number of people. And in a bracket this large, the most probable winner is the one with the fewest weaknesses.

Melee, on the other hand, will not be won by someone who has not won a national before. It's very possible that we will see a Mango/Armada rematch in Grand Finals. However, I'm going to qualify that by saying that it will depend on S2J's performance. He's lost to Armada twice now, but something tells me he could beat him this time. He's a *really* high seed too (64 points, just like Armada), so his odds of getting far in the bracket are definitely improved. In the end though, Mango has the greatest chance of winning, but only if his patience holds out long enough for him to handle the more defensive players.
Interesting thoughts. I forgot about haze/tyrant. Let's hope they don't meet fow D:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
WE ARE STILL WORKING ON MELEE DOUBLES BRACKET REVISIONS

Please hold your comments and criticisms until we upload the latest version

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ill put 20$ on Ally to win Brawl Singles

And 20 on M2k/Anti to take Brawl doubles.

Im not nearly as certain on melee but what the hell.

10$ a piece on Armada in singles and M2k/Armada in doubles.

In order to take me up on these bets, you have to specify a specific player or team. Im not doing any 'against the field' type bets unless you give me some crazy 10:1 type odds.

Ill even put a 10$ bet on M2k to make the most money at this tournament.

Djent

Smash Champion
Interesting thoughts. I forgot about haze/tyrant. Let's hope they don't meet fow D:
If I'm reading the bracket correctly, the two cannot face each other before Losers' Quarters, probably not until Losers' Semis. Odds are that one or both teams will be eliminated before that point, so I can almost guarantee that they will not face each other.

steep

Smash Lord
Radium, we should play for sure. I have to see when I will be getting to the HOJO tomorrow because I'm practicing doubles with Dark Peach in the afternoon/early evening. I'll let you know when I get there though! Worst case, we can play Friday at the venue or Friday night. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom