• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/31/09 GIGABITS - Brawling into 2009

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Great tourney, I had lots of fun playing both melee and brawl.

Good matches to everyone I played, I feel like I learned a lot at this one

Toneh

Smash Lord
If someone was caught cheating at Gigs, this should be the most peaceful way to deal with it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjsURcOz-NU&feature=related
danggg i remember seeing that way back in '02 when i first started playin cs :p
@ TonyTheTiger
Dude, we had some hilarious friendlies. Next Gigs we definitely need to play again.
yea lol. uptilt ftw

nah i wasnt mad sad or disapointed i just realized im not into brawl. I dont play mvc2 i dont play street fighter i dont play soul calibur those arnt my games. Dedede chaingrabbing tornados and stuff thats just not appealing to me. I realized i only play it because all the melee players play brawl.
noooo your snake was getin kinda good. thx for helpin me out the day before at hbox's =)

Gindler

Smash Champion
cs is the best first person shooter. maybe second to goldeneye 64.

man, our matches were pretty dumb. 14 mins of throwing nades, bombs, arrows and boomerangs. lol.
If only N64 had internet back in the day. Then goldeneye woulda owened major face. CSS owns major face, and pump shotty FTW (i'm a pump shotty main :psycho:)

I guess I need to play yony again too, those are some pretty lame matches right there. Eggs and nades

Zoro

Smash Champion
my kirby has been consistently failing me at every tourny so im not sure what your talking about?

I SUCK AT BRAWL SO HARDCORE.

its official, i am a complete and utter random scrub at brawl. This is my 2ND!!! gigs where i got dead lat place!!!!!

I AM SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!

considering my standings in melee, this is so embarassing to me.

-hiro
no one in this thread cares about melee anyway so it shouldn't be embarrassing lol
90% of these people dont even know who u are

CHEATER! I wish we could do that to people that play gay as hell in brawl just kick em out and throw their controller into the street.

Kei-Kei

Smash Cadet
crazy peach :O
Man i feel so inexperienced against Falco. Close match the first round, but you owned me 2nd XD

hey dude good games, your peach is sick (I'm the pikachu player with the tag PIKA)
You have the craziest Pika... I had a hard time getting around you.. Im glad to have played a lot of friendlies man!

yea, kei is sick with peach. He was sick with peach many months ago, but hasnt come to a gigs in like 6-7 months

Ill try to do some vids when i get home today. Although im not gonna spend ALL night once i get off of work and finish errands, because i have to watch Heroes at 9pm
GDX! It was good seeing you again! Too bad we didn't get to play but I watched your match against Ryo and dang man, people should be very scared against your diddy. But Ryo your Ike is mad good as well. Was a fun match to watch.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Well, this is as good a time as any.

I no longer have the time to commit to attending tournaments. So as of right now, I am announcing my retirement, I guess. i'm not saying that I definitely will not ever be to another tournament, but for right now, I'm not going to make plans to attend them.

At the very least, I will not be making plans for teams again, if there's a chance I will not make it. I really screwed WeeG this time (for that, Darin, I apologize... : / ) by having to cancel two days before it. that just sucks, isn't fair of me, and I would prefer not to do it ever again.

Anyways, I had fun, and I'll keep playing on my own time and all that, just no tourneys for me.

A big shoutout goes to everybody I've played / hung out with. Especially Melbourne, *********, and TNT. GDX, you're awesome, maybe eventually I'll come back and we can team... but we'll see on that one.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Well, this is as good a time as any.

I no longer have the time to commit to attending tournaments. So as of right now, I am announcing my retirement, I guess. i'm not saying that I definitely will not ever be to another tournament, but for right now, I'm not going to make plans to attend them.

At the very least, I will not be making plans for teams again, if there's a chance I will not make it. I really screwed WeeG this time (for that, Darin, I apologize... : / ) by having to cancel two days before it. that just sucks, isn't fair of me, and I would prefer not to do it ever again.

Anyways, I had fun, and I'll keep playing on my own time and all that, just no tourneys for me.

A big shoutout goes to everybody I've played / hung out with. Especially Melbourne, *********, and TNT. GDX, you're awesome, maybe eventually I'll come back and we can team... but we'll see on that one.
****, I guess when real life catches up you gotta do what ya gotta do. You've always been one of the coolest people in the FL smash scene, and you're a player i've looked up to ever since I met ya at the first gigabits tournament way back when.

We'll be missing ya over here in Melbourne, that's for sure :(

PolMex23

Smash Champion
lol joe i do better against hardcore spacing/defensive/mindgamey Mks than your spammy Mk lol so funny

Whole time I was like "wtf,...wtf...wtf...****it....****... ..." xD

I had the lead, than i lose it, than i do somethin crazy, than i lose it.

Lol thank god i chocked less final seconds xD. The one who chokes less wins i guess =). I just stood there twirling around lol.

Im really glad you didnt run out the clock man i respect that. I really do

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
Well since i didnt enter singles or doubles D: i dont really have anything to say about them
the matches i watched were mostly boring except co18/red vs afro/brickman *lol* those were awesome ;D, and polmex vs that lucas player that was funny too xD. anyway uhmmmmm

Afro- When guilty gear comes to gigs it's going to be dizzy all day =pppp also good **** with wario but the matchup IS NOT 70/30!!!! x)
We brought Guilty Gear as well. Afro destroyed my brother...

Actually, it was pretty close and my brother was sandbagging to try to get the money match but it was an excellent match to watch.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
nah its not my thing winning like that, the craziest was at the end when u read my roll to get that utilt, im gonna get beast at brawl i just need to figure out the metagame

and mad fun friendlies dreadz, ur falco is really good

tru fenrir, hold it down w school smash is whatever

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
We brought Guilty Gear as well. Afro destroyed my brother...

Actually, it was pretty close and my brother was sandbagging to try to get the money match but it was an excellent match to watch.
you get props for doing serious work in teams. I saw your teams match against sheer and tommyG and you were holding it down

fenrir, eventually we will team! it will happen! :laugh:

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
nah its not my thing winning like that, the craziest was at the end when u read my roll to get that utilt, im gonna get beast at brawl i just need to figure out the metagame

and mad fun friendlies dreadz, ur falco is really good

tru fenrir, hold it down w school smash is whatever
we shoulda played more!
become my disciple and train under me :O

also **** still no vids?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
FT job, overall **** to do. these are the reasons why there arent any vids yet. I'll try to get something up when i get off today

the videos on ustream are dumb and wont play for me. its really annoying

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
GOOD. Now you won't steal my partners the day before.

i still feel bad cause i didnt know darvon already had a partner until he told me after we agreed we were teaming. Im not a fan of team ditching :(

Klarvic

Smash Apprentice
But seriously, it gave me experience in carrying a team, which sucks...

Imma learn to not get carried by DBS next time he and I team.

We shall **** equally. Speaking of which, where's KBM?

Shout outs:

Seibrik: That was a fun Kirby ditto MM, I was scared ****less that I would lose but it paid for my dinner.

MSAS: Good ZSS MM which paid for mag Gelati, that place is too **** delicious :chuckle: we need one in Tally ASAP. Also, you commin to Tally?

Afro: It's like Ocarina of Time on ice! :laugh: If you and Seibrik happen to be in the area around one of our tournaments you should definitely show up. We're tired of HRNut and Chess stealing our money. :(

Galuda: You a *****. J/k, good **** ****** me and KBM, won't happen on Sat. I promise.

DBS: You a ***** too. No j/k for you. :p

Dedw8: You did really well for your THIRD gigs. I'm proud of you :D I guess all those nights of me wrecking you in Smith Hall did you some good

Soma: Don't worry, we'll come up with more "Drew" team names for the next one.

Lizard: Spike those power houses!

KBM: Don't get grabbed, problem solved.

Kirby: DON'T GET ****ING GRABBED STOP THAT **** YOU STUPID LITTLE BALL OF FLUFF

Metaknight: YOU TOO YOU LITTLE *****

Edit: It's not your fault.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Dedw8: You did really well for your first gigs. I'm proud of you :D I guess all those nights of me wrecking you in Smith Hall did you some good
This is actually my third gigs for brawl...
2 of them i mained Kirby tho so i wont count them :D

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
everyone gets mad props..

but the most props im going to give, is to the samus player. OMG best samus in the world. He was more than amazing. HRNUT saw him too. he made samus broken, it was ****ty to fight him, because he limited my options and I would kill him at like 90% and he would kill GW at like 180 lol.

lio was good, but his projectiles were annoying as fawk.
ryo was good, but claiming hes the best ike, is well.... probably right, I would like a serious MM with him, I really was underestimating him in our friendly.

I lost to chops I think i got 4th in doubles with mk18 and 9th in singles... dunno. Not too shabby, I dont play this game.
thanks man it took time for my ike to get like that and I would love more friendlies man.

so can I say it? Best Ike in state?

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I like Melee Kirby. :3 Brawl Kirby, bleh. He is ok. : ]

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im trying to figure out how to get the vids off of ustream to youtube..theres a "convenient" link to upload it directly to youtube, but that **** hasnt moved in hours, and i dunno if its gonna work ever. As for matches from the VCR, i have:

Afro vs Hbox
Chops vs Polmex
Afro vs Redhalberd
Dreadz vs polmex
Afro vs polmex

the tourney went on kinda long, so it only recorded the first 6 hours of singles on that VCR. everyone who played after that wasnt recorded

OverLade

Smash Hero
im trying to figure out how to get the vids off of ustream to youtube..theres a "convenient" link to upload it directly to youtube, but that **** hasnt moved in hours, and i dunno if its gonna work ever. As for matches from the VCR, i have:

Afro vs Hbox
Chops vs Polmex
Afro vs Redhalberd
Dreadz vs polmex
Afro vs polmex

the tourney went on kinda long, so it only recorded the first 6 hours of singles on that VCR. everyone who played after that wasnt recorded
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

10OMGYOURECORDEDMYMATCHIMSOHAPPY. Upload that one first plox.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace

Afro vs Hbox
Chops vs Polmex
Afro vs Redhalberd
Dreadz vs polmex
Afro vs polmex

those are all dat matters :O

Top Bottom