• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

02/10/2007 GIGABITS - Smashing till Revolution

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I'm tryin' man, I'm tryin'. I've gotta make (or rather complete) a full featured game over these next few weeks. Unfortunately if presure from the group is too great time I've tried to keep free I may have to use to meet the dead line.

I will be at LTEC though, so expect to see me there.
Game? You program? Rohins requests details.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Well I'm a Fullsail student; decided no to long ago that I want to make games for a living, and I thought Fullsail was a great way to do it. (as well as a good way to get to the other side of the country away from the folks)
Right now I and in SGP, Structure of Game Production. The idea behind the class is to emulate the some of the real presures behind creating a game for a publisher. Like for example, working in a team, integrating code, time management (I.E. guessing how long it will take for you to get those collision systems running, or the time it will take to get your tools in working condition), and of course the most important being meeting deadlines.

So basically we get 2 months to plan and program a game from scratch to finish. luckily it's only 2D ^__^.
Rohins said:
Yeah.
Rohins said:
You program?
Yep.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yeah guys like vericz said i would really like it if low tier and doubles were switched....in my honest opinion the tournament order should go from least serious/important to most serious/important...so i really believe that they should make low tiers first so that we can use that as a warm-up for doubles...which in turn we can use as a warm-up for singles....switchin low tiers and doubles is the only way me and vericz will be able to team:( ....what do you guys think...peace

-hiroshi
uber-worst fl smasher

h1roshi

Smash Hero
thanks d21....lol...and guess what florida guys...i am not the "worst fl smasher" anymore...after going to vericz house yesterday and playing till late in the night...i had a reality check and realized dat i b teh nastiness....i think i got sum skillz or sumthing...but yeah...no more sucking from me...just pwning...and im like hardcore training on my spare time..gotta get all my tech skill down...

BUT SERIOUSLY....WE NEED TO SWITCH LOW TIER TOURNEY WIT TEAMS!!!!1!!!!!!111!1!1

peace

-hiroshi
nastiest cfl shiek

vericz

Smash Champion
then we should stay all night at chris' house if it's cool with him and play there. I talked to a few guys from out in hainse city and they might be interested in coming with us when we leave in the morning, if they do decide to go to gigabits they would most likely meet us somewhere in the morning.
even though we can make i still think low tier and doubles should be switched.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Bo we gotta team for this. I know joe and john are teaming so that leaves you and me buddy. God your link is sooo sick now.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Front of thread updated:

Time:

Doubles Low Tier Starts at: 10am

Doubles Starts after Doubles Low Tier but not earlier then Noon

Singles Starts after Doubles but not earlier then 3pm

Singles Low Tier starts after Singles but no earlier then 6pm

-Note For those that haven't been to a Gigabits Tournament before these are an all day affair if participating in Doubles, Doubles Low Tier, Singles Low Tier, and Singles you will probably be here from around 10am to around 9pm (depending on how many people show).

Gamer Fees:

Doubles: $10 admission per player ($20 per team)
Doubles Low Tier: $5 Per Player ($10 per team)
Singles: $15 admission per player
Singles Low Tier: $10 admission per player

Prizes:

Doubles:

First Place team will receive 50% of doubles admission
Second Place team will receive 15% of doubles admission
Third Place team will receive 5% of doubles admission

Doubles Low Tier:

First Place team will receive 50% of doubles low tier admission
Second Place team will receive 15% of doubles low tier admission
Third Place team will receive 5% of doubles low tier admission

Singles Low Tier:

First Place will receive 50% of singles low tier admission
Second Place will receive 15% of singles low tier admission
Third Place will receive 5% of singles low tier admission

Singles:

First Place will receive 50% of singles admission
Second Place will receive 15% of singles admission
Third Place will receive 5% of singles admission

We can try holding all 4 tournaments. Opinions, suggestions?

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Trying to hold all 4 is gonna be difficult, but its worth a try. If it seems like time won't permit it, i'd say drop the low tier doubles.

Oh yeah, putting low tier last is prolly a bad idea cause everyone is gonna be exhausted from the strain from normal singles and doubles. It'd be better if the low tier tourney was used as a warm up by putting it earlier

EDIT:Wow, that was quick. Changed it before I could mention it, lol

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
I edited it. I think it will be fine as long as we get started on time.

PLEASE Be on time. If you are going to be late - please call us and let us know.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
All the MMs I called for LTEC that I didn't do I'm going to reschedual for this tourney.

vericz

Smash Champion
New schedule looks interesting. Singles low tier may not have many people since its last and usually in the end everyone hangs out and finishes MM and junk but you never know.
Lobster would you have a partner for low tier doubles?? I'll go my roy with your ness, would be interesting.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
ok...we are gonna have to run this tournament extremly smoothly to get all this stuff done....but i do plan on entering every tourney....everyone has to play their matches as soon as they are called....and if someone is playing a friendly and someelse has to do a tournament match...they should have to end their game IMMEDIATELY as to save time....seriously...i dont want to be there too late..i have to wake up then next day at 5:40 in the am...peace

and yeah...i know i double postes....and what?!...

-hiroshi

dguy6789

Smash Lord
This is going to be a very interesting tourney as always. Is anyone going to be bringing match recording technology to this tournament?

derf

Smash Ace
are people going to this? exarch? josh? darrel?

if so ill go but the chances of me waking up by 10 are precisely 0 so ill be there for doubles prolly

Zoro

Smash Champion
I heard uuaa wants to team with me
well thats what hiro told me anyway
Im looking forward to it I might just enter all 4 if i have him.

vZakat

Half Genie
I'm definately coming to this with 2 tvs and 2 cubes. Oh Yeah.
Only singles for me, but being a Roy player I don't have to switch characters. :)

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
bo! and tbp should team or sheermadness and tbp or sheermadness and bo!. if one of you guys need an extra teamate i'll start playing luigi or g&w again.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Actually, hiroshi I'm gonna have to take back that offer. I think I'll just enter low tier singles and normy singles. I don't get enough singles practice so I'm not gonna waste someone elses money with my poor 2v2 abilities.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
wow...what's with everybody being emo and backing out of the tourneys?

Yeah, I'll be there...Probably entering all four tourneys, if there are enough people for them...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Actually, hiroshi I'm gonna have to take back that offer. I think I'll just enter low tier singles and normy singles. I don't get enough singles practice so I'm not gonna waste someone elses money with my poor 2v2 abilities.
Yeah I guess that was a little emo there...

h1roshi

Smash Hero
well like i said guys....i AM entering all 4 tourneys...and i am gonna being playing pika for both low tier tourneys....any broken low tier players dat wanna team?...my pika is really good....i promise...especially in teams....AL?, derf?, fenrir?, exarch?, hit me up if u wanna team wit my pika ^_^!!!!1....peace

MY PIKA IS GOOD....SERIOUSLY!!!!1

-hiroshi

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I would team with you Hiroshi, but I have partners already, but we will definitely get some friendlies in though.

Everyone else- I must get matches in with all of you this time.

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
Definitely coming to this one. Hopefully I'll make a better showing than last time; nerves really suck when you're trying to play all technical like.

vericz

Smash Champion
Man this really sucks, i got a throat infection and I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow, this is going to make me more PO'. I don't think i will be able to do any of the 4 tournys. Hopefully I'll have a couple extra dollars or something for MMs. Anyone up for some??

d-guy: I really want to play that mewtwo.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Man this really sucks, i got a throat infection and I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow, this is going to make me more PO'. I don't think i will be able to do any of the 4 tournys. Hopefully I'll have a couple extra dollars or something for MMs. Anyone up for some??

d-guy: I really want to play that mewtwo.

I also have a freakin sore throat of some kind or another. Hopefully it will ease off by Saturday. I definitely want to get some matches in with Orlando's best Roy ;)

Top Bottom