• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
will neo EVER have any new vids? lol
Neo doesn't do vids, remember?

He doesn't want people stealing his techs.

Also, we need to get him to tournaments.

I need to get into his hyperbolic time chamber and practice my marth, my Brawl game's been suffering a lot because I've been concentrating on melee.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
LMAO, i dont do vids mainly because no one ever knows when im at a tourney, if i was that protective of my style i wouldnt wifi u guys lmao

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
LMAO, i dont do vids mainly because no one ever knows when im at a tourney, if i was that protective of my style i wouldnt wifi u guys lmao
"Hey, is Neo here?"
"I dunno."
"Hey who did you lose to last match?"
"Oh just some Marth. I think the board spelled his tag N....e....ooooooOOOOOOOOOOHHHHhh SNAP!"

clowsui

Smash Legend
so neo

what is pierce's style like? i want to know so that i can develop strategies against it in case he comes to ohio and i have to fight him, lol...

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Neo, if we buy you recording equipment, you take it to every tourney you go to?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Eazy is weird.

I'm sure he'd beat almost every Falco on the EC but when I play him in friendlies I usually go back and forth/usually win. In tourney he says I play ******** against him for some reason.

I don't think he can take on SK and DEHF but his falco experience is rediculous so he has a shot, but a small one.

clowsui

Smash Legend
keitaro confirm off work as soon as you can please for the tenth of october <3

that way champ and i will know whether we have to prepare pew pew pow pow shenanigans for a fellow falco main : P

in marth related news i wonder if mike recorded his sets v. dojo ally dehf havok

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Eazy is weird.

I'm sure he'd beat almost every Falco on the EC but when I play him in friendlies I usually go back and forth/usually win. In tourney he says I play ******** against him for some reason.

I don't think he can take on SK and DEHF but his falco experience is rediculous so he has a shot, but a small one.
Winning matches on yoshi's story only one day = usually beating me?

**Havok**

Smash Lord
So basically me and mike did well at AG =)

We ALMOST got tyrant and m2k.

Then we got 2nd and 3rd behind the robot. I forfeited loser's finals to mike since i felt he had a better chance for west coast than I did after playing winners finals MK dittos. My marth can't play vs his MK, no way, not now. =(

Back to the drawing board.

Neo teach me. BTW mike did the "NEO". It was pretty funny.

∫unk

Smash Master
Me warp and Bardull ate a huge **** in brackets loool

oh wells I did good on teams again

tyrant lost to dojo and utdzac loool guess who beat him at whobo >_> nah but I think he's just not good vs gw he has a losing record vs leepuff

I'm probably going to play less wifi from now and work a lot more on random
little stuff like I learned while playing against diddy if you powershield the banana toss your options are way better

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Wait... so now this thread is about developing contacts that could be useful in an unforseeable future?

I'm game *loves networking*

Seriously though, great job Havok, great job Mikehaze, you make us marths proud. Step it up just a little more, and you'll be beating M2K.

[insert cliche line about remembering them when they were young which really isn't true but whatever]

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Congratulations to MikeHaze and Havok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qNSUi-UNKw <- GF of ActiveGamers, but only to matches. Lol the second match.
Both of those matches were just one ridiculous thing after another. Mike ****** M2K for the first like 63%. Then M2K getting a early nado kill. Then Mike gets a shieldbreak. Then M2K Shuttle loops Mike and he doesn't DI in time. Then Mike tries to DB1 to grab and misses but does it two more times and gets shuttled loop but he DI's it, even though M2K just hits him with a uair and he dies.
I'm not even getting into the second match.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
LMFAO. Those are great matches. XD You know, the ridiculous thing right after another might be a sign of how pretty evenly matched they are. It just goes back and forth with mindgames, neither really out-mindgaming the other, if that makes any sense. It's hard to describe. <.>

But the end of that second match... man. I've gotta sig that somehow. xD But was that a forfeit? Did it count as Mike's win, and then they went on to the other matches, or did that count as m2k forfeiting the whole set?

Also, I love that Mike was just chatting the whole match. I hate when I play people who are all "srs faec" the whole time. Takes all the fun out of it and makes me uncomfortable. :/

lastly, there's something fishy about this title. :P

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
they say m2k won so i guess he just forfeited the second match being down a little more than 2 stock. he probably reasoned that he'd already lost as long as mike defended his lead.

****, that is a marth i aspire to be like. i don't think a lot of marths would even dare attempted 4:35

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
they say m2k won so i guess he just forfeited the second match being down a little more than 2 stock. he probably reasoned that he'd already lost as long as mike defended his lead.

****, that is a marth i aspire to be like. i don't think a lot of marths would even dare attempted 4:35
With good reason, M2K should've punished him on hit for that, but it was so off-the-wall that M2k didn't expect it, and it worked.

Mikehaze is amazing, but his style isn't as safe as it could be and is very dependant on reading. Which is fine, but it's not what I would do personally.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Sometimes you have to throw away being safe and go for the risky move. If you play the same safe style all the time, you get extremely predictable, and that in itself is unsafe.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Sometimes you have to throw away being safe and go for the risky move. If you play the same safe style all the time, you get extremely predictable, and that in itself is unsafe.
There's a difference between taking a risk (especially because you read your opponent) and doing something punishable on reaction in the best case scenario.

Risky: full-hop dair OOS

Punishable on reaction (including on hit): SH dair

Unless it's worth the trade and you're maddd sure it will work, better to pick "risky" then "punished no matter what.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
There's a difference between taking a risk (especially because you read your opponent) and doing something punishable on reaction in the best case scenario.

Risky: full-hop dair OOS

Punishable on reaction (including on hit): SH dair

Unless it's worth the trade and you're maddd sure it will work, better to pick "risky" then "punished no matter what.
Determined on the percent, SH dair on hit is safe, 50%+ or so determined on character.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
the point is you risk missing it if it's sh'd, not to mention there is no follow up as you are lagging like ****, then you get punished durrrr

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Determined on the percent, SH dair on hit is safe, 50%+ or so determined on character.
It was sub-50, M2k just didn't react quickly enough, if he DI'd that better and/or reacted quicker and fast-falled early enough he would've hit any of a number of things, he just didn't, Mike was maddd lucky there.

And it's not like it goes into anything good.

And if you fail, you're basically saying, "here, hit me with a charged smash".

Even in terms of risky stuff, there are much better options, the percent could've at least been higher.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ughh, I had a meta knight do the same thing to me on the last stock of a match from 0% like M2K did on Haze first stock...

difference was ... I DI'd out... but I WAS SCARED ****ING ****LESS.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Um, random question. If u know a mk is gonna try and nado kill you like m2k did first stock of GF cant you DS after he uairs you then move left or right and take punishment when you land instead of getting 0-ghey'd?

p.s. ROFL@tripping being the ultimate bait. Trip > Tipper Fsmash = Sakurai Combo. Also that video reminded me of the fsmashes i used to whiff on purpose to lure opponents into thinking im vulerable only to bust a DS in their face.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I could be wrong but if you're getting uair'd string and you know he's going to try and nado, smash DI and DI to the left or to the right and you should be alright.

And that trip->tipper fsmash made up for the trip that happened when he was going to spike M2K. >>

Top Bottom