• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
Quick question: Does peach play the same in brawl and melee?

because i have a MM on friday with a peach vs my marth and i have zero idea how to fight one or approach or anything :/

§leepy God

Smash Master
You can look at her Down Smash, her second jump, and her Down B to say if she plays the same, lol. Peach is more... fixed in Brawl than Melee. Before, most of your moves with her was Down Smash, now it's Forward Air mostly.... in short terms, she plays a little worst in Brawl, but not bad.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
her down smash was so hax in melee

seriously wtf was up with that

never get caught crouch cancelling that thing it'll beast you

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

because i have a MM on friday with a peach vs my marth and i have zero idea how to fight one or approach or anything :/
I'm bad at the peach match-up, she plays mostly the same as in melee, but substituting certain moves for others. She also kills a lot worse.

Mainly look out for fair, she even has shield advantage with it.

Also, she doesn't float cancel anymore, but she does auto-cancel, more limited, but still, don't expect lag on her aerials.

Peach is fun to playy~ just wait for her jab after a fair.

Annddd its my birthdayy <3 chaosmarth is finally 18 :D
Congrats, you're an adult, happy b-day!

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

Peach is... interesting.
Dair imo is like a weaker whorenado turned upside down, autocancels and is really good vs. shields, and allows some good followups.
Fair autocancels like everyone says, so don't get too eager.
Watch out for Bair oos, it's a pretty decent punisher.
Turnip shenanigans are kinda beasty.
She has only two good but situational kill options that are avoidable, usmash and gimping. Play smart offstage and conserve your double jump, and don't be stupid/predictable around usmash, and you'll be living for a really long time lol.
Oh yeah, and peach has pretty good juggling ability, so weave away as best as you can and protect your underside.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
ohey. happy bday chaos!

@Bass: LMAO. XD

About peach: I play her some myself, but I HATE fighting her. So annoying. Well, on wifi at least. I have limited IRL exp. All the same, stupid turnips. >.<

clowsui

Smash Legend
peach is easy to fight...she has no real answer to outright aggression since your uair, fair your bair cut through all of her effective zones easily if you just push forward. her floating speed can't actually match your level of aerial mobility. if you walk towards her she's forced to float back or come down to the ground, though she might attack while doing so...but you can beat that option by slowly walking in and out of her range + changing the timing w/ dashes. don't empty sh...just don't, that's not the way to bait a peach since all of her attacks will cut along the same path that you're trying to bait her on. she also does really bad vs. ledge traps. buuut if she's got marth on the run it's pretty hard to get back into a groove due to turnips and her quick jab/nair.

∫unk

Smash Master
peach is easy to fight...she has no real answer to outright aggression since your uair, fair your bair cut through all of her effective zones easily if you just push forward. her floating speed can't actually match your level of aerial mobility. if you walk towards her she's forced to float back or come down to the ground, though she might attack while doing so...but you can beat that option by slowly walking in and out of her range + changing the timing w/ dashes. don't empty sh...just don't, that's not the way to bait a peach since all of her attacks will cut along the same path that you're trying to bait her on. she also does really bad vs. ledge traps. buuut if she's got marth on the run it's pretty hard to get back into a groove due to turnips and her quick jab/nair.
clowsui uses theorycraft!

it misses!

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
man i feel stupid...

Can anyone supply me with a link to the tier list?
I've been looking for it and i can't seem to find it (sorry i'm fairly new to the site) :(

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
why do u need the tier list?

serious question

because it literally tells you nothing
lol, i love when people are like "yes! my character moved up!"

it's as if the character improves when they rise in ranking :laugh:

∫unk