• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

VietGeek

Smash Hero
If you mean strings like not true combos then some are unavoidable...to a certain extent.

For example Falcon's Jab > Grab is not a combo in the fact that there's enough hitstun to make this legit. However landing lag tacks on "hitstun frames" so the follow-up is works most of the time.

Also Roy is a string.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
lol speaking of unavoidable strings, a friend of mine wants to play me in brawl because he has an unstoppable and unavoidable 0-death combo with ike.

according to him its: fully charged quick draw > aether > fully charged eruption

im kinda scared to play him now

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
lol speaking of unavoidable strings, a friend of mine wants to play me in brawl because he has an unstoppable and unavoidable 0-death combo with ike.

according to him its: fully charged quick draw > aether > fully charged eruption

just-before-fully-charged eruption kills like 30 percent earlier.

Chuee

Smash Hero

Thats guaranteed to make Ike top tier now!

Player-3

Smash Hero
wow

guys i found a weeaboo today

she was wearing cat ears and a tail and whiskers that she got from AWA on saturday

i mean wtf

at school
why would you wear that
i said

why the hell are you wearing that

she goes

cuz their badass

im like

facepalm

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
ROFL @ basics at Berklee. Go for it.

I want a badass pikacha cap, but all of them have the stupid ears on them :(

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Player-3, you are the man.

I saw a weeaboo while walking between schools / class and i looked her right in the eyes and said "EWW!"

i woulda said MEOW NYAH ..... then start saying WOOF WOOF

LMAO

player-3

oh right was she fat if so all of that is ^^ null and void

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Xisin: Pit(kinda high?)...and maybe G&W(move him up one tier spot imo but it's minor)
Haha, first one to include Marth dittos. =b Probably list I agree with the most.
Pit is a pretty under rated char imo, hes not overly difficult but isnt a joke either. I've played only a handful (maybe just even one.) of good pits but when i did i could certaintly tell that he wasnt a push over. Pit I'm referring to is KY. Pits ability to refresh his move set with his arrows is stupid good, and a nice fsmash/bair (kill moves.) to compliment it, he's able to gimp well and a good pit simply won't let you gimp them. He's able to pressure Marth well from below and he's disjointed too. Tons of shenanigans with his up b also.

G+W I've never been challenged by one, East coast, midwest, Texas or even online for that matter. Marth just outclasses Gdubs with OoS options and range. I havent lost an important set to G+W since... Um... December?

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
I'd be interested, one of my friends did it for his composition class once lol.
I'd like to give it a read as well.

G+W I've never been challenged by one, East coast, midwest, Texas or even online for that matter. Marth just outclasses Gdubs with OoS options and range. I havent lost an important set to G+W since... Um... December?
You should fight Mechanix or PentaSalia.

gallax

Smash Hero
yo what do you guys think of the DDD matchup?

something that i have problems with is when recovering with marth against ddd. if i use my dolphin slash to grab the ledge i have landing lag. well the DDD's in my area are nutz and know this so they just wait for me at the edgeand react to how i try to get off the edge. they stay far enough away so that when i try to jump off the edge, either by tapping jump while holdin the edge or letting go and jumping off then on, and ftilt me. now ive tried like a million things out and i just cant seem to find a way around this other than rolling onto the stage. but when that happens its either a ftilt/dtilt/grab depending on how i roll from the edge.

i figured i should be able to airdodge or counter but it seems the ftilt comes our too fast when i try this so cant input it in time. lol. what should i be doing?????

∫unk

Smash Master
Ledge hop buffer fair from there u can jump again or falling nair db just react to the ddd's spacing

if they f tilt repeatedly in a rhythm you can get up di down in your get up animation in case f tilt hits you in vulnerable frames then db

ddd can just react to what marth does except for ledge hop which he has to predict and react so that's why it's usually safest

so ledge stall x random number so they don't pick up a pattern if you see a opening (like you grabbed the ledge after a stall right as ddd's f tilt starts)

otherwise don't get grabbed because it's instant ledge
trap

Albert.

Smash Master
Wow I was gonna post this as a blog but apparently I can't, that's great. So here it goes.
(BTW this is not to be taken seriously, I viewed this s*** as a joke lol)

AS REQUESTED:

Albert Kunze
College Writing 1
9/21/09
(rough draft)

Albert Frederick Kunze IV: Better known as Marth.

The Fourth in a dynasty. A Caucasian male. Bass player, Guitar player, Singer. Musician enrolled at Berklee. Lover, Not-a-fighter, Britney Ouzts’ Boyfriend (at the time of this writing). Nice dude, most of the time. When it matters though, AFK IV is ultimately a Super Smash Bros. player.
Super Smash Bros. is inherently the best video game ever created. While this may not be based on any quantitative evidence whatsoever, this self-avowed truth reigns supreme via my logic. In this particular stupid video game, a full cast of Nintendo characters duke it out on a 2D landscape in a battle of skill, logic, mind games, and existential game “technique.” I have spent many hours wood shedding in the sacred stages of Smash.
Now that I have explained pretty generally the crafty conceptual content of this obvious brain-waste, I must illuminate you on my real alter-ego, Marth. Marth comes straight from an ancient fantastical world, equipped only with his falchion, his brawn, and his wits. A character of speed and intelligence, a Marth player must use his sword expertly to emerge as the victor in the harsh realities of the simulated melee.
There are chess tournaments and there are poker tournaments. There are contests of skills in most every physical sport imaginable. There are video game tournaments too, most importantly: Smash Bros. Tournaments. They consist of dozens, sometimes hundreds and hundreds of dedicated smashers brawling it out under the guidelines of a just and strict rule-set. The biggest smash tournament on record had over 10,000 dollars of prize money that only the most talented Smashers won through the blood sweat and tears of their digital denizen. It is a sub-culture, and I am proud to be a member of it.
I need now to go more in-depth about smash. It is only here that you can find Mario beating the **** out of Pikachu, or Donkey Kong destroying Bowser. The goal is to get the other player’s percentage up so you can force them out of the ring farther and to their “knock out.” At any moment in play you are presented with several integral options… To attack, with the risk/reward of your choice, or play more defensive by retreating and using long-range moves. Two can engage in a 1v1, a high stakes moving mix of chess and fighting, or 2v2 with a more co-operative feel for teams. Free-for-alls are a crazy cocktail mix of chaos and combat. Please check the supplemental video included in the Email.
The game is a matter of pride. There is a real creed to it, egos get inflated and bruised in turn. The community is a kind and fun group of thousands of people from every ethnic, religious and social background who come together under the common flag of the enjoyment of Smash. Winning is everything, and who you beat and who you lose to determines your prestige, or lack of it. There are online ladder rankings. Specific skill rankings for each character, player rankings for each region. At the lower levels of play you can even find a hierarchy of players in every neighborhood. My own gamer tag is “BassAlbert.” The best in the world is known as “Mew2King” At times I have wavered in my pursuit of Smash Satisfaction, similarly to Mr. Liu’s ethnic uncertainties, wondering if it is all worth it, but I have of course prevailed.
I have spent days on these online ladders. I have spent hours perusing the social and informative boards of Smash World Forums. Playing as Marth is like a drug to me, the endorphins only this experience unlocks are necessary for life to remain enjoyable. I am slave to the grind of the game. My first Tournament was similar to undergoing an in-game-puberty, I was defeated many times in the game by older and more experienced players.
There is a small bit of conflict in the smash community though, Many people have stuck to their roots in the older version, Melee, while most have migrated to the most recent incarnation, Brawl. This echoes the tribulation between the Indian sisters in Mira and Bharati, one chooses to move on with her national identity while the other keeps hers. I have chosen Brawl but am amicable to both games.
While other people may be more serious about their identity, I have lived far too much a sheltered and pampered life to view my self as anything actully meaningful. I honestly thrive in only two dimensions. I might have multiple personality-disorder. I have a sword. I am the Prince of Altea, Marth.

EDIT: I'm gonna get flamed, right?
nice 900th post though.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Wow I was gonna post this as a blog but apparently I can't, that's great. So here it goes.
(BTW this is not to be taken seriously, I viewed this s*** as a joke lol)

AS REQUESTED:

Albert Kunze
College Writing 1
9/21/09
(rough draft)

Albert Frederick Kunze IV: Better known as Marth.

The Fourth in a dynasty. A Caucasian male. Bass player, Guitar player, Singer. Musician enrolled at Berklee. Lover, Not-a-fighter, Britney Ouzts’ Boyfriend (at the time of this writing). Nice dude, most of the time. When it matters though, AFK IV is ultimately a Super Smash Bros. player.
Super Smash Bros. is inherently the best video game ever created. While this may not be based on any quantitative evidence whatsoever, this self-avowed truth reigns supreme via my logic. In this particular stupid video game, a full cast of Nintendo characters duke it out on a 2D landscape in a battle of skill, logic, mind games, and existential game “technique.” I have spent many hours wood shedding in the sacred stages of Smash.
Now that I have explained pretty generally the crafty conceptual content of this obvious brain-waste, I must illuminate you on my real alter-ego, Marth. Marth comes straight from an ancient fantastical world, equipped only with his falchion, his brawn, and his wits. A character of speed and intelligence, a Marth player must use his sword expertly to emerge as the victor in the harsh realities of the simulated melee.
There are chess tournaments and there are poker tournaments. There are contests of skills in most every physical sport imaginable. There are video game tournaments too, most importantly: Smash Bros. Tournaments. They consist of dozens, sometimes hundreds and hundreds of dedicated smashers brawling it out under the guidelines of a just and strict rule-set. The biggest smash tournament on record had over 10,000 dollars of prize money that only the most talented Smashers won through the blood sweat and tears of their digital denizen. It is a sub-culture, and I am proud to be a member of it.
I need now to go more in-depth about smash. It is only here that you can find Mario beating the **** out of Pikachu, or Donkey Kong destroying Bowser. The goal is to get the other player’s percentage up so you can force them out of the ring farther and to their “knock out.” At any moment in play you are presented with several integral options… To attack, with the risk/reward of your choice, or play more defensive by retreating and using long-range moves. Two can engage in a 1v1, a high stakes moving mix of chess and fighting, or 2v2 with a more co-operative feel for teams. Free-for-alls are a crazy cocktail mix of chaos and combat. Please check the supplemental video included in the Email.
The game is a matter of pride. There is a real creed to it, egos get inflated and bruised in turn. The community is a kind and fun group of thousands of people from every ethnic, religious and social background who come together under the common flag of the enjoyment of Smash. Winning is everything, and who you beat and who you lose to determines your prestige, or lack of it. There are online ladder rankings. Specific skill rankings for each character, player rankings for each region. At the lower levels of play you can even find a hierarchy of players in every neighborhood. My own gamer tag is “BassAlbert.” The best in the world is known as “Mew2King” At times I have wavered in my pursuit of Smash Satisfaction, similarly to Mr. Liu’s ethnic uncertainties, wondering if it is all worth it, but I have of course prevailed.
I have spent days on these online ladders. I have spent hours perusing the social and informative boards of Smash World Forums. Playing as Marth is like a drug to me, the endorphins only this experience unlocks are necessary for life to remain enjoyable. I am slave to the grind of the game. My first Tournament was similar to undergoing an in-game-puberty, I was defeated many times in the game by older and more experienced players.
There is a small bit of conflict in the smash community though, Many people have stuck to their roots in the older version, Melee, while most have migrated to the most recent incarnation, Brawl. This echoes the tribulation between the Indian sisters in Mira and Bharati, one chooses to move on with her national identity while the other keeps hers. I have chosen Brawl but am amicable to both games.
While other people may be more serious about their identity, I have lived far too much a sheltered and pampered life to view my self as anything actully meaningful. I honestly thrive in only two dimensions. I might have multiple personality-disorder. I have a sword. I am the Prince of Altea, Marth.

EDIT: I'm gonna get flamed, right?
nice 900th post though.
After reading part of the first paragraph I have determined that it has unique diction and requires much revision.

Top Bottom