• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

VietGeek

Smash Hero
No I'm bad at Brawl because I never play, and I pretty much quit competitively I just play casually now. Next tourney near me I'll prolly just go for friendlies.
You whiffed

perhaps this is why steel always dtilts you

you almost lost to an ice car

which is punishable on block

dont be actin all high and mighty when you keep on getting run over by a 20 mph vehicle

Player-3

Smash Hero
No I'm bad at Brawl because I never play, and I pretty much quit competitively I just play casually now. Next tourney near me I'll prolly just go for friendlies.
Didnt you take those classes in highschool where they tell you to apply what you learn and learn what you apply

Tl;dr
Remedial english

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Didnt you take those classes in highschool where they tell you to apply what you learn and learn what you apply

Tl;dr
Remedial english
I'm in high school now, honors fool.

I suck at Brawl because I never practice with good people. It was like this:

Tourney->Don't play for a month->tourney->don't play for a month etc. etc.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I'm in high school now, honors fool.

I suck at Brawl because I never practice with good people. It was like this:

Tourney->Don't play for a month->tourney->don't play for a month etc. etc.
im in highschool and i falcon punched ally in a wifi doubles match

U just mad

Viet use more fair it does 12%

Player-3

Smash Hero
Im not an honors kid like solid

My parents beat my number sense out of me with. An extension cord

Something about vessels of satan

U kno 6 and all that
Since they did it twice i cant know 3 either

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Marth Back Room is getting each member to do a 'tier list' of Marth's hardest match ups from their experiences.

As anyone can see the contents of the MBR (http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1579), I see no reason to stop anyone else giving their opinions here. Especially as I'm always looking for those who know what they're talking about (i.e. go to uber amounts of tournaments or something).

Have fun.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Most Difficult
MK
Ice Climbers
Diddy Kong (2 matchups that require marth to play the opponents game and require lots of experience)
Wario (Both MU threads weren't greatly helpful or in depth like MK/DDD/Snake)
Pika

Difficult
Marth
R.O.B.
DDD
Wolf
Sonic

The rest varied itself around for me.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I like how Steel baits everyone, Viet points out the bait, Steel yells at Viet for pointing out the bait, Viet criticizes Steel for putting out the bait in the first place

And yet the people who Steel was baiting take the bait anyways. Too good.

MBR ****: My questions for each person(why do you have said people where they are at). I really only concerned about the top half usually though.

Shaya: Kirby(same tier as snake but harder than falco/IC?), Ice Climbers(Easier than Wolf and kirby?)
lol Shaya did you move Sheik since I im'd you or am I imagining things? lol

Smexy A.K.A. ZMT: Kirby(so high?), Donkey Kong(so low?), Wolf(so low?), Pikachu(so low?)

HRNut: I wouldn't blame ya. =b

Xisin: Pit(kinda high?)...and maybe G&W(move him up one tier spot imo but it's minor)
Haha, first one to include Marth dittos. =b Probably list I agree with the most.

Pierce7d: DK(woah, kinda high?), ROB(I'd move him down one), DDD(kinda low?), Pika(kinda low)

Biggest matchup concerns imo: Pikachu, pit(highly under-discussed I think), Kirby(suprised to find him so high on people's lists), and maybe DDD.
The rest have been discussed to death or most people seem to agree on.

Aw now I kinda wanna be in MBR so people will respond to my points. lol

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
so yeah, steel, who keeps moving random threads selling stuff that we (I?) can't look at into the marth boards?

∫unk

Smash Master
okay i posted mine lol

in general i dont think its that hard to grab marth (NOT based off wifi experience lol even though its ridiculously easy to grab there)

and if you aren't grabbing him then youre gaining stage control

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
But Junk if he plays a great spacing game, offense or defense, even DeDeDe can't grab him, amirite? I think Marth is definitely up there in difficulty to grab (not like Wario or Puff though)

Btw, I remember Neo saying FH Fairs hit shields with a lot of hitstun, allowing Marth to retreat safely.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Speaking from playing with Junk's DDD, DDD just inches forward if you space properly. You might get some dtilts in or a fair or two, but you lose stage control until you're at the edge or he grabs you and cg's you to the edge.

Such a ****ing pain.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
The problem Ruk: even if he can retreat safely....
HE'S RETREATING >>
DDD just inches forward and you lost some of the stage. Going over DDD is kinda blatantly obvious and running past/in front of him is just asking to get grabbed. Basically once you lose control of the stage, it's hard to get it back. X_X

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Approaching a DDD who waits for you to act reminds me of rock paper scissors where marth cant use paper lol. DDD will likely shield and then spotdodge the second he sees you move or wait for you to move then PS. The gay thing is that the first option is hard to beat unless you have good reaction time and spacing. You can walk up to DDD and wait for the spotdodge and pop him with DB or some kind of poke. Jumping at DDD from neutral usually fails unless DDD gets conditioned to you approaching him from the ground and he reads you wrong. Running at DDD is plausable if you can PS the ftilt or waddle dee he might throw out (you might not be able to punish him tho depending on how far you are when u PS). Spacing is more for avoiding that ridiculous grab than everything else. Random safe approaches are good, just take note of how the player reacts and use what works.

Roxas M

Smash Master
okay i posted mine lol

in general i dont think its that hard to grab marth (NOT based off wifi experience lol even though its ridiculously easy to grab there)

and if you aren't grabbing him then youre gaining stage control
i know from experience how easy it is for you to grab marth on wi-fi. x.x

Top Bottom