• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
you are just running too long. You only have 3 frames to dash grab if you don't buffer it, so you should just flick the analog then grab. Our grab has a very good hitbox above the actual whip, while it has a ****ty lower hitbox, so you can grab MK out of the air much higher than it actually looks like.

Or just learn how to buffer it. You can dash grab buffer almost immediately after MK releases and it makes the timing really easy.
I main Ganon - we make a living out of iDA'ing at the first frame possible after our Flame Choke =p

So if my Dash Grab Command comes out somewhere between frame 1 to 3 after I'm done with the Grabrelease it'll work properly, right?

noradseven

Smash Lord
you are just running too long. You only have 3 frames to dash grab if you don't buffer it, so you should just flick the analog then grab. Our grab has a very good hitbox above the actual whip, while it has a ****ty lower hitbox, so you can grab MK out of the air much higher than it actually looks like.

Or just learn how to buffer it. You can dash grab buffer almost immediately after MK releases and it makes the timing really easy.
BUFFERING RULES, true story the buffering window owns in brawl.

earla

Smash Lord
what moves are safe on the opponents shield if spaced perfectly with zss?

should you use these the most for shield pressure?

what are best shield pressure moves?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
what moves are safe on the opponents shield if spaced perfectly with zss?

should you use these the most for shield pressure?

what are best shield pressure moves?
Bair vs. some characters is safe.

It's really hard to have good shield pressure with ZSS, since she cannot short-hop rising-aerial.

Bair and dtilt are probably the best shield-pressure moves.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Okay, this has had me curious for awhile since I've pulled it off several times.

Against a Marth on Battlefield, I've been able to perform;
Dash Attack -> Dash Attack -> Up Tilt

As the last dash attack is ending and it pressures Marth just slightly off the stage, I would use Up Tilt directly over the ledge, right were the dash attack ended, and the up tilt would stage spike Marth.

It's happened a good... seven or eight times to me now, all on Marth, but I never took the time to look on the Boards to see if it had been discussed. I'm guessing that the same would apply to Smashville since the stage physics are "almost" the same, but does anyone know if there's been a video or thread dedicated to this?

I need to look into it more and see what other characters this applies to.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Dash attack -) Dash attack can only be performed at certain % and Utilt im not sure some times people get hit by it some others shield and miss a sheild grab

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Dash attack -) Dash attack can only be performed at certain % and Utilt im not sure some times people get hit by it some others shield and miss a sheild grab
Well, yeah. I know that. It's more along the lines of the last dash attack -> up tilt stage spike.

Marth would just fall off the stage and the uptilt would pull him back upward and into the ledge, rather into the center of ZSS's up tilt. I was just wonder if there was any threads or videos on that yet.

noradseven

Smash Lord
at certain %s you can repeately do dash attack for a while into u-tilt, its character/percentage dependent though.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Well yeah. Sorta hard to DI her dash attack at lower percents though. It sorta just pushes them right where her dash attack is ending. lolol

I just did it again with a sourspot dash attack -> up tilt stage spike.

solecalibur

Smash Master
So I just saw Ally use jab and neutralize Fox's Over B and the fact that zss can PAWNCH samus' missing without getting hit makes me curious ...

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
If the question is will we be unharmed. And Nick's answer was I have no idea but our jab BEATS it. Than that means yes. Cause you'll be too busying punching that Furry in the face to take damage.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Fox can hit us with his Illusion if we try jabbing through it, I think.

I've never seen Falco's Phantasm connect, though. They clank and either Phantasm keeps going with ZSS unharmed or Falco gets hit.

Xyless

Smash Master
ZSS on wifi: Don't do it.

She's pretty much impossible on wifi. She's a sniper character, and when a single frame can make the difference between hit and miss, it becomes very difficult to play effectively.

Alternatively, you can spam side b and dsmash on wifi and get away with it. Have a ball.
It's true. Both of my best characters (Peach and ZSS) are major timing characters (Peach with her floats and turnip shenannigans, ZSS with sniping and edgehogging), which is why I rarely play online with them. She doesn't really have any overpowering moves that get a buff from the lag, save dsmash and side B. However, because those are buffed, people who play online with her are even more spammy with them, and thus even more predictable and easier to punish.

I actually find that nair feels a lot safer on wifi for some reason. Also, I kind of find flipspiking easier to do, especially when going to do it for edgeguarding use (aka not when you stun), possibly because people dodge it earlier to compensate for lag.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
From what I've seen with Falco's side b, it depends at what height he is if we jab. Sometimes he goes through us without doing damage, sometimes he gets hit out of it, and sometimes we take damage. I think he might have invincibility frames at the start of phantasm, so that might have something to do with this.

noradseven

Smash Lord
From what I've seen with Falco's side b, it depends at what height he is if we jab. Sometimes he goes through us without doing damage, sometimes he gets hit out of it, and sometimes we take damage. I think he might have invincibility frames at the start of phantasm, so that might have something to do with this.
it has to do with phantasm has only 4(maybe its 3), 1 frame moments where he can cancel and or we can hit him, the rest of the time he is invulnerable. This is why f-smash works so well good range meaty.

Zero

Smash Hero
I totally understand. You should come in IRC more often, Frank. :)

EDIT: It puts the Hazumu avatar even more in perspective. ^^

lllp3lll

Smash Apprentice
it has to do with phantasm has only 4(maybe its 3), 1 frame moments where he can cancel and or we can hit him, the rest of the time he is invulnerable. This is why f-smash works so well good range meaty.
f-smash is good against phantasm's? thought it was just a bad move

Are they any other situational things f-smash can be used for?

noradseven

Smash Lord
f-smash is good against phantasm's? thought it was just a bad move

Are they any other situational things f-smash can be used for?
Not really unless you predict its takes 1/4 of a second for the active frames to start err 16 frames to be exact but once they are out they stay out and f-smash always beats phantasm. But yeah its a terrible move doesn't mean it doesn't have a few uses.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Fsmash is definantly our worst move though. I've found it useful in a few situations, but side+B is definantly more reliable in all those cases.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Fsmash is like the mindgame button because:

1. no one ever expects you to use it
2. it always hits for some reason
3. it does pretty decent damage (but ****ty kb of course)

Also:

When Fox/Falco try to Phantasm over your head up smash is ****.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I never understood Fsmash too much. Once when me and Got_Mine were using our double ZSS team, I fsmashed a Dedede with the tip of her Fsmash near the edge of Final Destination and it KO'd him at 125%. Knocked him horizontally too pretty fast. Probably just horrible SDI.

Fsmash seems to lack hit-lag frames too.

Also; I don't know why, but I feel safer against Falco on FD or SV than I do on BF. They're much easier to predict when they actually have the room to camp and play their metagame to it's full potential.

Zero

Smash Hero
Horrible regular DI, too!

I guess your situation on FD is valid, but I prefer to put the match in my control, rather then play a reactive game on FD.

earla

Smash Lord
"If the dash attack is fresh, the range is approximately 40-60% (+ - 5% for heavy/lightweights)

heavy: 45-65%
light: 35-55%

^ correct?

"a slightly decayed dash attack may have an inescapable range of 60-80%"

what does slightly decayed dash attack refer to? 1 dash attack used?

2. does each jab individually refresh moves?

3. applicatinos for nair?

4. where abouts on the up b does it let you pull them down + you're able to combo. i find they always fall down too fast?

5. whats the f-tilt trip %?

6. If mk nado's your head and lands next to you, what are the best options you can punish with? (dtilt, utilt? any other ideas?

7. applications for d-tilt? i play mk's alot but rarely can seem to get it in.

8. what if a mk's short hop nairing close to you, how do you handle it?

cheers

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
okay, i alted zss for a long time but eventually got bored, BUT DONT HATE ME I KIND OF WANT TO PICK HER BACK UP.

anyway, since I used to play her I'm pretty interested in how you guys plan on handling the mlg stage procedure. strategy? preferred stages?

Top Bottom