• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

earla

Smash Lord
how do you play v icies?

tips on avoiding grabs?

is there a way to control how fast they fall if u up b someone when they're above you? well how to do you follow - up b effectively?

whats % of f-tilt tripping?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
ZSS is all about spacing. Thus, keep Spacing. Always jump backward when doing forward B. On the dysynch, kill nana (screen KO with Up air, or just edgehog when threre alone.) Ice Climbers wil mostly dysynch if they can't grab you, so that will not be too much of a problem. It shouldn't be too much of a problem with the right spacing game.

You can just follow up B with an arial. When there high, you might wanna use Up air to try to get a kill. You might have to buffer though.

I think the tripping of F-tilt does just the same damag as the normal downward angle't kick.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Against IC you better be able to mash crazy fast, to avoid getting chained if you hit one of them slightly out of posistion.

But seriously abuse the fact that nana's shield is delayed, and if they start screwing with de-sync just stay far away and throw out a few retreating over-Bs, IC have a hard time fighting over B.

Boo-Boo

Smash Cadet
so you can transform from samus to zero suit in the middle of the mach thats coll how do you do it how do you change

solecalibur

Smash Master
press up taunt and down taunt quickly as possible or when in the process of up taunt click down then up until it works , it takes practice

lllp3lll

Smash Apprentice
That IC question sort of reminded of somthing I've been meaning to ask:

When stuck in a chain grab or a similar multi-hitting move what would you recomend to mash, Jab or Down B?

DownB can be used to escape a follow up, But leaves you in its animation
Jab being 1frame can interurp a follow up, But lacks hitstun/range/priority?

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
so you can transform from samus to zero suit in the middle of the mach thats coll how do you do it how do you change
Your supposed to push up taunt down taunt up taunt really fast, but i cant get it to work! :'(

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Your supposed to push up taunt down taunt up taunt really fast, but i cant get it to work! :'(
As far as I'm concerned, It has more to do with reaching up and down as fast as possible, rather than hitting up & down solely.
Just mash up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down and don't care if you press left/right by mistake.

noradseven

Smash Lord
As far as I'm concerned, It has more to do with reaching up and down as fast as possible, rather than hitting up & down solely.
Just mash up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down and don't care if you press left/right by mistake.
Its this I think you have to do 5ups and 5 downs in X amount of time, really fast, I don't know how fast its actually fairly easy.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
1. Take the thumb of your dominant hand and place it right on the d-pad.

2. Shift your thumb up and down very quickly with your thumb on the d-pad. The friction from your thumb drags the d-pad to input up-down-up-down-up etc.

This is probably the easiest way to do it.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
YAY I CAN DO IT SUPER EASY NOW!!! You guys were no help at all, i had to search youtube and they used thier pointer fibger sliding it up and down the dpad superfast. I tried it and IT WORKED :O. So yay for me and boo for you... (JK)

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
YAY I CAN DO IT SUPER EASY NOW!!! You guys were no help at all, i had to search youtube and they used thier pointer fibger sliding it up and down the dpad superfast. I tried it and IT WORKED :O. So yay for me and boo for you... (JK)
That's exactly what I just said, except I said to use your thumb...

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
YAY I CAN DO SOMETHING COMPLETELY USELESS THAT YOU GUYS SUCK AT EXPLAINING! THAT MAKES ME COOL!!
jk

Zero

Smash Hero
Ok, it wasn't in the manual. I checked. But, it was on the Smash Dojo. To quote,

2: Quickly input taunts ↑↓↑.

screenshot

What’s this? ...So you can shed your armor anytime you want?!

Thing is, you’re going to have to put that command in pretty darn fast in order for it to work. If you’ve set your taunts to the +Control Pad on your controller, you’ll eventually input the command correctly if you rapidly hammer up and down on the +Control Pad.

It’s not easy, but how awesome is it that you can make Samus coolly switch between two completely different fighting forms! Try it out next time you feel like showing off.
Can't explain any better than that.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
^ In some matches I do the first stock as Samus, then shed my armour for a quick **** second stock.

Seems to work pretty well seeing as I can handle Samus good enough. =)

Anyway, I know I'm probably gonna get lolled at for this but since I'm UK I can only really play Wifi.

Can some one make a discussion about ZSS Wifi Playstyle so I can learn a bit more and contribute?

Zero

Smash Hero
ZSS on wifi: Don't do it.

She's pretty much impossible on wifi. She's a sniper character, and when a single frame can make the difference between hit and miss, it becomes very difficult to play effectively.

Alternatively, you can spam side b and dsmash on wifi and get away with it. Have a ball.

hojunc

Smash Rookie
How do I tech Game & Watch's downgrab + down smash?
What attack should I use after key? (Down Air)
What should I do if Game and Watch is too high to hit?
What should I do when Game and Watch is coming back, but constantly air dodges so I can't UpB?
What should I do when Game and watch uses Forward smash and guards the area?

noradseven

Smash Lord
1)How do I tech Game & Watch's downgrab + down smash?
2)What attack should I use after key? (Down Air)
3)What should I do if Game and Watch is too high to hit?
4)What should I do when Game and Watch is coming back, but constantly air dodges so I can't UpB?
5)What should I do when Game and watch uses Forward smash and guards the area?
1)Shield when you see the flash try to do it a bit early and it will work the timing is fairly slack
2)After you shield key standing d-tilt, slightly press down on the control pad and press A. *note: u-air will always beat/trade with d-air though.
3)Wait until he comes back down
4)Don't up B air-bound oppenents, do u-airs, and bait/punish airdodges with them.
5)D-smash outranges it, over B outranges it. block standing d-tilt works. Uhh lots of ways f-smash should be used as a surprise with G&W not spammed.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I have a bigger tounry this saturday and my main concern character wise is snake and G&W since I dont vs enough of them is there anything new that our MU discussion doesnt cover? (Ie kirby's zero to death on zss would have been nice to know to watch out for instead of finding it out in brackets)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I have a bigger tounry this saturday and my main concern character wise is snake and G&W since I dont vs enough of them is there anything new that our MU discussion doesnt cover? (Ie kirby's zero to death on zss would have been nice to know to watch out for instead of finding it out in brackets)
Kirby doesn't have a 0-death on ZSS...
You will lose to the Snake if it is good at punishing you. Knock him off the stage and get free damage. It's easy-ish to grab Snake's cypher, since our grab is huge.
Dunno about GW.

solecalibur

Smash Master
What characters does that work on exactly, Sole?
Peach I think also for your concern I'll test it tonight
edit - not on peach , lucario and zss for sure though

edit - I think you can imagine what kirby main in ohio pulled this off on me
If that happens at low %, you should be able to rising plasma wire and make it high enough to land on the stage.

Also, that stage-spike thing was discussed before, and it only works on two levels.
^^,
Wasn't around or wasn't paying attention :ohwell:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
When I "aerial Grabrelease -> regrab" Metaknight, the whip sometimes goes 'through' him, thus he punish me with a grab on his own.

Is this a common problem?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
When I "aerial Grabrelease -> regrab" Metaknight, the whip sometimes goes 'through' him, thus he punish me with a grab on his own.

Is this a common problem?
ZSS's grab has a "miss-box" in the center of it. You just have to time the grab a little better... I think.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
you are just running too long. You only have 3 frames to dash grab if you don't buffer it, so you should just flick the analog then grab. Our grab has a very good hitbox above the actual whip, while it has a ****ty lower hitbox, so you can grab MK out of the air much higher than it actually looks like.

Or just learn how to buffer it. You can dash grab buffer almost immediately after MK releases and it makes the timing really easy.

Top Bottom