• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I duno but that topic definitely gave me some of the ideas leading to the vid I just posted, even if they didn't spell it out for me. I had a feeling we had something rediculous with nanners, just had to find it.

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to dsmash with an item in hand? I know you can fsmash.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I was the one that told the Diddy boards about that combo with the banana. :p
I wanted to mention that you should try shielding that, but the thread was dead. Paralyzer's actually pretty terrible if you know what you're doing.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
2 question.

How do you determine the direction of dspecial? (the kick part)

and

Do you think our recovery is bad?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Our recovery isn't bad, its just probably the only recovery that requires practice.
Except to the higher degrees Snake and ICs but for Nana problems.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
2 question.

How do you determine the direction of dspecial? (the kick part)

and

Do you think our recovery is bad?
Tilt it down-right or down-left while pressing A or B.

Also, I think that ZSS has one of the better recoveries in the game. Her Flip Boosted second jump goes even further than Yoshi's, and after that you still have Flip Jump to use. You should rarely ever need to use her tethers to recover.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
okay, thanks everyone. usually i'll do it with the cstick instead of A. the cstick just throws it out in any direction.

i also think our recovery is good, its like one of the best in the whole game.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Tether recoveries are inherently bad and unreliable.

Flipstool and boosted 2nd jump is what makes ZSS recovery pretty good. Just try to avoid getting hit out of your 2nd jump off the edge, you ain't coming back from that =P.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Honestly, ZSS's recovery is roughly middle of the road. Flip Jump (even with the option between Flipstool, Kick and 'do nothing') is really punishable if your opponent knows the timing. Her boosted second jump and ability to opt for tether if flip jump isn't working give her options, but given this is a game where some characters can go from the bottom of the screen to the top without touching the ground, ZSS's recovery kinda pales.

It's enough to get you back if you're smart, so it's a good recovery. It could certainly be better, though.

-ph00tbag

sasook

Smash Champion
That's highly escapable. You can DI the trajectory of the dthrow so you won't ever get hit by the paralyzer (assuming the CG starts with the dthrow).

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
That's highly escapable. You can DI the trajectory of the dthrow so you won't ever get hit by the paralyzer (assuming the CG starts with the dthrow).
yeah, but like, most players will air dodge soon after dthrow, some players will jump. and since the lag..well..:dizzy: and DI, you can just short hop forward and neutral b. :lick: wouldn't that work?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yeah SH forward with nB is pushing it.

But landing this is excellent for conditioning, as people will be afraid for the paralyzer, resulting in an airdodge the next time.

Salem

Smash Champion
*Sigh*

How close am I suppose to be to the stage when I SH+Forward-B so the attack comes out and not the ledge grab?

I wanna be able to do a retreating offstage Forward-B and return without suddenly tether ledge grabbing. >_<

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
*Sigh*

How close am I suppose to be to the stage when I SH+Forward-B so the attack comes out and not the ledge grab?

I wanna be able to do a retreating offstage Forward-B and return without suddenly tether ledge grabbing. >_<
try holding down, often it prevents ledge grabbing :confused:

Snakeee

Smash Master
*Sigh*

It's a little tricky, and sometimes I even grab the ledge on accident. You have to do it a bit early with a decent height above the stage, and by the time it comes out it will hit at stage level. You can both do this and land onto the stage, or land back onto the ledge. If it doesn't hit my opponent's shield or my opponent (yeah right!) I will usually go for the ledge. You can also try a down B footstool in that spot.

sasook

Smash Champion
yeah, but like, most players will air dodge soon after dthrow, some players will jump. and since the lag..well..:dizzy: and DI, you can just short hop forward and neutral b. :lick: wouldn't that work?
Meh, I suppose. I dunno, i DI everything. Plus with that dthrow, you'd really have to guess perfectly, since they can DI it away or toward you. Throw in their option of FFing while they DI, or FF airdodging, or using a high priority aerial of their own....yeah.

I dunno who still jumps after getting dthrow'd by ZSS, that's like the mistake of summer '08.

It looks sexy, but it's really easy to escape.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
o i c.

:laugh: another question,

G&W matchup. i just can't beat a G&W player. i mean i can sometimes, but its hard. any tips? i know we have an advantage but...>_>

also olimar.

noradseven

Smash Lord
o i c.

:laugh: another question,

G&W matchup. i just can't beat a G&W player. i mean i can sometimes, but its hard. any tips? i know we have an advantage but...>_>

also olimar.
against G&W be careful im not too sure what to tell you I know daz has a good bit of advice on that match.

Yeah and me and nef will tell you **** olimar, ppl will say alot **** about how we can do ____ and ____ to him, well yeah it doesn't work as well as it should, but do you know what does, item ****, seriously take his first stock with items.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I don't think it's in our favor.

Approaching Olimar with anything but a side+b seems to hold a large risk, unless you use neutral+b first, of course. Going in with a fastfall aerial or dash attack can be risky because they can easily be punished, and with Olimar's unruly range in his grabs and smashes - - which both have high kill potential on someone like ZSS, then it comes at a bit of a price.

Now, if you can pressure Olimar off the stage, gimping him is fairly simple since ZSS's tether recovery is far greater than any other in the game. I would just suggest keeping at least one armor piece on you at all times and just pressuring Olimar from above with a ZAIR drop.

He's not really one of my favorable characters to play with ZSS, so I often leave that match-up to Peach.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
The matchup is very polarizing as far as zones go, imo:

Olimar above ZS: 65-35
ZS above Olimar: 45-55
Both grounded: 35-65
Both grounded, w/ suitpieces: 55-45
Oli off stage, recovering mid or low: 75-25
ZS off stage, recovering mid/low: 40-60
Oli on edge: 60-40
ZS on edge: 35-65

If you can get him above you or offstage, you win. Doing that though is a *****, especially w/o suitpieces, and most of this matchup will be found both "grounded" or ZS may be approaching a grounded Oli, and that's where it's very tough.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Yeah... i think our boards grossly underestimates olimar. I definitely don't feel it's in our advantage.
It seems 55 - 45 at the very best for olimar just don't go short range simple as that Im not underestimating him hes just a strange character to vs

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, 55:45 // 60:40 Olimar seems reasonable.

He does have more tools to his advantage that could own us, but that doesn't necessarily mean we're gonna let him pull them off. Spacing properly from grabs and smashes pretty much puts most of ZSS's problems to rest.

Now, I actually have a question since I'm not on the game at the moment. Does anyone know if ZSS's jab stops Pikmin thrown with Side+B? Or possibly even smash attacks?

Since Peach's back air demolishes Pikmin, it made me wonder if ZSS had any attacks that could prove just as useful.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
jab will knock them off you depending on where they are latched. it will also interupt Oli's grab if you hit him during it's starting animation (no grab super armor).

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Also, another random, and somewhat useless question. Just being optimistic.

Say you have... 4 Pikmin latched to you and you used neutral air to kill them all off.
Would that count as four attacks to negate the staleness of your other moves, since NAIR doesn't stale? Or would that count as just one?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Also, another random, and somewhat useless question. Just being optimistic.

Say you have... 4 Pikmin latched to you and you used neutral air to kill them all off.
Would that count as four attacks to negate the staleness of your other moves, since NAIR doesn't stale? Or would that count as just one?
Nair does not get into the stale move que, meaning it cannot stale, BUT it cannot unstale your moves.
Also, one move = 1 move in the que, no matter how many hitboxes that move hits.

Top Bottom