• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda is now bottom tier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Zelda didn't become magically worse just because she's listed lower on the tier list.

Zelda has always been this bad, it's just that no one questioned how bad she really was until now.
Tier List v1.0

Middle

Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

I must disagree, when brawl first came out Zelda was consider good but she prove to be too shallow compared to those around her. You can't say you all didn't say Zelda was good when brawl first came out, I still remember when the Zelda forum brag that Zelda was " better" then Sheik.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
We're not in pre-school, I don't think anyone bragged lol

I actually thought she was pretty beast when I picked her up I was like WOW dtiltz, usmaaaAsh, DINZ! But then of course you streamline your gameplay to the metagame and suddenly realise you get outcamped 9 times out of 10 and everything gets that much harder. It's a slow process but it happens :)

I think a good discussion to start is whether Brawl Zelda is worse off than her Melee counterpart, because this is what the tier list is now suggesting.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
No, she's not.

Im not letting this tier list fool me :p I dont like a lot of aspects of this tier list actually. Just my opinion though.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I just wanted to ask if you guys really think she's better than Link? Because personally I think Link is underrated, and Zelda is.... dunno. I've played like, two Zeldas offline* in my tournament career, and beat them both without much trouble, and that's without knowing the matchup. I imagine if I ever learn how the hell to SDI her smashes so they don't kill me, it will become a lot easier.

But again...only 2 Zeldas in all this time means that not many people play this character in tournaments, and it's no surprise she would go down on the tier list since few people have shown that she can do well...

*I lose to like 90% of Zeldas online because wifi is bull****

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Idk Asdioh

Low Tiers are very hard to place because like you said, what happens in low tiers is that the most represented go up and the least go down generally.

A reason why Mario just continues his descent despite him being closer to midtier imo and why Ness shot up.

However, MrEh can you please tell me why Bowser is now out of Low Tiers? I dont understand at all, he has horrible tourney results >.< What are your thoughts, I havent really checked his MUs lately.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Now that I think of it, Mario and Bowser should completely switch places on this tier list. I've seen what both can do: Bowser sucks and Mario doesn't.

...in a nutshell.

saqer

Smash Rookie
So I just start getting real good with Zelda and I find out she's being bumped down? Tier drafting is just another excuse for trend setting. Zelda is amazingly powerful character whose potential is under exaggerated.

Metatitan

Smash Master
People are probably surprised because a lot of Zelda's attacks (particularly her smashes) are pretty good. She fails as a character though, her moveset doesn't really work well together despite no particular attack (as far as I know) being absolutely horrendous.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Ok seriously why is there players from different character boards coming here and telling us something that we already know?

I don't wanna say something negative but jeez. Zelda is bad and that's all there is to it.

I would highly suggest either this whole discussion stop or just lock this thread all together. IMO all this talk about Zelda being bottom tier won't change the fact that we are still gonna play Zelda.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
So I came back from holiday... found the new tier list... looked to bottom tier... and died. x_x

Stupid talk about Zelda being bad. Stupid underrepresentation. It's all your fault, Zelda boards! :mad:

Ah well.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I think a good discussion to start is whether Brawl Zelda is worse off than her Melee counterpart, because this is what the tier list is now suggesting.
To start, Zelda's down b in Brawl is much worse than it is in Melee. :p

While a lot of the attacks got considerably better from Melee to Brawl, she still has most of the same problems she did before. Also, Melee had more characters that were horrendous compared to Zelda than Brawl did (Just try playing Pichu, Kirby, or Mewtwo against anyone even 1/2 way decent and you'd know what I'm talking about).

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I know I don't post here but I actually think Zelda's drop is a good thing for her. She was pretty much a forgotten character and had hardly any rep, and I think the drop has brought her more attention. She'll probably get more attention on the boards, and as strange as it sounds, I think more people will want to pick her up and rep her, and people will be more determined to develop her metagame. Plus there's the whole 'you got beaten by a bottom tier' satisfaction now.

What do you guys think?

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
The two are not really comparable. Melee and Brawl are two completely different games with different physics, techniques and gameplay mechanics, so it's not possible to say which Zelda is better or worse than the other.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I just wanted to say welcome to the bottom tier, Zelda.
It makes it easier for us to kidnap you.
:034:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
just an fyi:

Olimar has a faster grab/pivot grab/dash grab than zelda. That type of thing is why zelda is so low.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
ZOMG people are saying things I don't agree with! Mods please lock this thread asap!!!

That's the kind of stuff that happens on this board. Lol people on this board crack me up.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I know I don't post here but I actually think Zelda's drop is a good thing for her. She was pretty much a forgotten character and had hardly any rep, and I think the drop has brought her more attention. She'll probably get more attention on the boards, and as strange as it sounds, I think more people will want to pick her up and rep her, and people will be more determined to develop her metagame. Plus there's the whole 'you got beaten by a bottom tier' satisfaction now.

What do you guys think?
I like the way you think, good sir :)

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Isnt it weird though? I mean you would think that a dropping character would make you want to stop using that character, but Zelda dropping down to the Triforce of Shame makes me want to use her even more. I dont get the logic but whatever.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
**** somehow this Tier List hurted me, you guys (The ones that can) should try to bump Zelda up, I've always represented Zelda in my country, where I'm the only Zelda main lol, but I tend to place high in all the tournaments here, which makes me happy, I really don't think Zelda deserves that spot, nor does Link. >_<

Only thing that keeps me happy at this moment is this:
Wow poor Link. I was hoping he'd move up. :( :cry:

Oh well... TRIFORCE TIER HELL YEAH!

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
meh.....it doesn't phase me too much, but i guess i should start using zelda more in singles (*cries* but i wanna use diddy kong!!!!)

the tier placement shouldn't matter. no character's playstyle has changed, and this tier list is severely biased towards tournament placings. zelda, link, and ganon are the 3 least used characters in tournaments, so of course they're going to be bottom tier. however, none of the characters movesets or metagame has been changed.

so, zelda mains, let's unite and start entering singles tournaments using zelda.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I will enter singles with Zelda every time when I get the chance. You can quote me on that. Im trying to convince my dad to let me go to a tourney next month in Henrietta, so we'll see how that goes.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
meh.....it doesn't phase me too much, but i guess i should start using zelda more in singles (*cries* but i wanna use diddy kong!!!!)

the tier placement shouldn't matter. no character's playstyle has changed, and this tier list is severely biased towards tournament placings. zelda, link, and ganon are the 3 least used characters in tournaments, so of course they're going to be bottom tier. however, none of the characters movesets or metagame has been changed.

so, zelda mains, let's unite and start entering singles tournaments using zelda.
I don't really like correcting you cuz you get all butthurt............but Link and Ganon are not even close to being least used in tournaments.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Link actually is pretty popular xD

Samus, Bowser, and Lucas are pretty underused. Jiggs too. And of course Zelda.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
I don't really like correcting you cuz you get all butthurt............but Link and Ganon are not even close to being least used in tournaments.
i'll be the mature one and not make any comments that directly target you.

and the only ones i could possibly think of that are just as underused are jiggs, samus, and most other characters at the new d tier and below

and i'll also be the real one mars, and say u r really immature. i haven't said anything to u for the past 2 months and u suddenly attack me like that. gg's

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Why Zelda dropped so hard:

-Virtually no air game

-Some of her kill moves can be sdi'd out of

-poor recovery

-she can't deal with camping as well as other characters (in fact im going to go so far to say camping wrecks her)

-limited options overall

I was thinking of picking her up, and now that she dropped so hard I feel bad so I think im going to as a 4th. I used her in Melee. I love her old Ocarina of Time outfit with the blonde hair and pink outfit. Oh and she has a Midna texture hack! <3 Midna!

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Lol SNO, idk what that post was suppose to prove but I'm pretty sure we know our own characters weaknesses xD

Just sayin <3

but yeah yay more rep

lil cj

Smash Lord
Havnt been in these boards for a while
There will always be a love for Zelda....im a proud Zelda user, been using her since day 1!
That -9 drop is a bit extreme imo.
I hate to bring this up but whatever the japanese players are doing to get
Zelda that high on their tier list, we should do it too.
And i know their playstyles are different, im just saying.
Anything to boost Zelda up and get her out of this "tri force" tier
She is not as bad as Ganon and Link.
Zelda just needs more Sheik use and she will be fine
But it seems like the other mains are feeling sorry for Zelda,
its kinda embarassing :(
Zelda doesnt deserve this at all.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
My only question is why is this thread still not locked?

Come on Kata get on the ball already. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom