• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda is now bottom tier

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
If you came around for more than 5 seconds, you'd see that we are always being slandered against by other mains. We're used to it, but we don't just take it either.

You can talk about her all you want, but trying to tell us how to move her up the tier list or get her more & better rep is an insult. Either pick her up and do it yourself or move on. We'll gladly accept more players helping out her metagame, but having other mains coming in telling us how we can be better is, again, insulting.

-----

If I come off defensive, it's also because I think tier lists are extremely overblown and are magnets for people who want to ***** and complain about things. It's a shame it took this type of drop in the tier list for Zelda to actually get attention, and when she does, everyone else will find out what we already know about her.
This coming from a guy who only plays Brawl+ seems a bit hypocritical.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
For the people who say they're going to start using Zelda in singles........you realize you have to get top 8 right?
Not necessarily though. I mean it helps her when it comes to adding points in Ankokus thread because he does them up to top 8, but its not just about placing. A lot of people just have to even see a good Zelda. Im willing to bet half the people who bash her have never played one. You can use her in MMs too, that gets people's attention.

Also about that thread, we have major mindgames because Zelda and Sheiks points are both added together :lick:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Not necessarily though. I mean it helps her when it comes to adding points in Ankokus thread because he does them up to top 8, but its not just about placing. A lot of people just have to even see a good Zelda. Im willing to bet half the people who bash her have never played one. You can use her in MMs too, that gets people's attention.

Also about that thread, we have major mindgames because Zelda and Sheiks points are both added together :lick:
Some of the more notorious Zelda bashers are MrEh, Rykoshet, and Pierce..........think it's safe to say that they have seen good Zeldas.

Any crap character can look really good in the right hands, doesn't make the character any less crappy though.

Also, lol I forgot that they still combine the two together.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
MrEh doesn't think she's bottom though so your arguement just contradicted itself lol.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
LOL @ 24 people who have basically never posted here before popping in because the words "Tier List" were put in a title.
I chilled here pretty much non-stop during zelda's formative days. Regardless of how often someone posts in this section it really doesn't invalidate one's opinions regarding the character as long as theyre well founded.

Getting defensive, saying people just don't know or havent seen a good zelda means jack squat since all of those reasons still fall on you. It's rather telling and actually kind of sad that the only person from the starting days that wasn't already established off the bat as an exceptional zelda (like DM and Ryoko) that bothered to put in the work was Riot.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Ugh, after reading a few post this whole topic just disgust me.

All the Zelda's say she was dropped to low while others (Zelda's and non Zelda's) say that's a good spot for her. For me I don't really care cause I'm still gonna use Zelda. Yes I am a bit sad that she's that low but looking at what she can do against other characters and all the MU and frame data, cause I'm sure they took that into consideration as well, Zelda gets the short end of the stick.

Ryko: Don't get all bent out of shape over what the other Zelda's say. Most are upset about the major drop in placement for her and feel that she should be higher.

This is why I would prefer this topic to be closed cause of all the negative vibe from Zelda mains and non Zelda mains over Tier placings. Zelda's if it bothers you that bad do something about it. The only ones doing well with Zelda so far is DM, JuJux, Riot, and Scray.

As far as I'm concerned, Just win to embarrass opponents cause they lost to bottom tier.

That's my scattered 2cents on this topic.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
i dunno, i accept her placement this time around since we've had a pretty dry season for results. tier lists aren't perfect and always change. sure she's hit bottom 3 this time around, but really it's ultimately up to the people that play her that'll influence her next move.

course there's no way she'll be top or high tier, but one thing tier lists are good at is grouping characters together that have about the same potential. negativity can really affect a person's perspective and this massive drop serves as a wake up call for most of us. in effect, our views towards our characters can inevitably influence opinions of others and with all the hype surrounding Zelda right now, some people have even made blogs on aib that hint/speculate that she could possibly be worse than even Ganondorf.

come on, worse than Ganon?

MrEh

Smash Hero
MrEh doesn't think she's bottom though so your arguement just contradicted itself lol.
No, I don't think she's bottom tier. That being said, I do believe that her current placement is well justified.

She still sucks though, if that gives people any indication on where I think she should be on the tier list.

solecalibur

Smash Master
some people have even made blogs on aib that hint/speculate that she could possibly be worse than even Ganondorf.

come on, worse than Ganon?
Those blogs were very biased and posted by a Ganon main that used "if they dont know the MU we could beat them and kill them early!" line

I expect zelda to move up 3 - 5 spots next list after some zelda mains decide to completely decimate low tiers

MrEh

Smash Hero
Zelda is a bully in low tiers.

That being said, it's completely moot if Zelda players choose not to participate at all. (which is highly possible, since that's the reason why she's bottom to begin with)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Zelda is a bully in low tiers.

That being said, it's completely moot if Zelda players choose not to participate at all. (which is highly possible, since that's the reason why she's bottom to begin with)
The only characters to legally stop Zelda are the top 4 in Low Tiers. Lucas, Ike, Mario, and Yoshi. At least those are the ones I'm most worried about. That and a random appearance of a good Link....

Vinnie

Smash Master
The only characters to legally stop Zelda are the top 4 in Low Tiers. Lucas, Ike, Mario, and Yoshi. At least those are the ones I'm most worried about. That and a random appearance of a good Link....
Every tourney I've been MMing Inui's Ike for 5 bucks, to get extra good at the matchup. I'm pretty confident I'm gonna win the next one lol.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
If you came around for more than 5 seconds, you'd see that we are always being slandered against by other mains. We're used to it, but we don't just take it either.

You can talk about her all you want, but trying to tell us how to move her up the tier list or get her more & better rep is an insult. Either pick her up and do it yourself or move on. We'll gladly accept more players helping out her metagame, but having other mains coming in telling us how we can be better is, again, insulting.

-----

If I come off defensive, it's also because I think tier lists are extremely overblown and are magnets for people who want to ***** and complain about things. It's a shame it took this type of drop in the tier list for Zelda to actually get attention, and when she does, everyone else will find out what we already know about her.
When did I ever tell you how to push her up the tier list? If Zelda was my main, I would want her to stay where she is. If you're maining a non-viable char, it's better to have them drop into bottom tier.

I never said Zelda sucked or that I think her spot is justified, I openly admit I don't know much about her, which is why I was surprised by her drop, so I just came and asked some questions, I don't see why you have to get defensive about that...

MrEh

Smash Hero
When did I ever tell you how to push her up the tier list? If Zelda was my main, I would want her to stay where she is. If you're maining a non-viable char, it's better to have them drop into bottom tier.

I never said Zelda sucked or that I think her spot is justified, I openly admit I don't know much about her, which is why I was surprised by her drop, so I just came and asked some questions, I don't see why you have to get defensive about that...
Don't worry about it man. This is the Zelda boards, where drama and rage are the norm.

I wouldn't worry to much about it.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, it was said earlier in the threads. With the entire community paying attention to zelda due to the drop in the tier section, now is the prime opportunity to really show what zelda is about.

Whether we are zelda vets like DM or NinjaLink or Riot or whether we have been playing zelda for a little over a month, now's the time to really step up the zelda game. Everyone is watching zelda. "OMG that guy is using zelda! what a low tier character! OMG WTF!?!?!?! DID HE JUST BEAT THAT DEDEDE PLAYER!!?!?!?!! OMGWTFHAX!!!!!!!"

I mean obviously she's not top tier or high tier material, but in my honest opinion, zelda is not deserving of bottom tier. Her only main threats from progressing up the tier list are the top of the low tier (ike, lucas, mario, etc.) and a few of the lower mid-tiers. We may not be able to pass them, but we can get back on the D tier pedestal that I know zelda deserves, at least.

A part of the reason zelda's being looked down upon also is the overall attitude of the community. I mean, come on, we argue amongst each other, correcting each other, attacking each other. It's about time we actually START acting like a community and work together. Who cares if zelda is a crap character? As a zelda main, I 100% accept this fact, just like any ganon main will 100% accept the fact that ganon is STILL the worst character in the game. The difference between us and the ganons is their attitude. At least they have the positive mentality that makes them stronger as a ganon main and as a player. We constantly bring ourselves down instead of dealing with our setbacks and making the best of it.

Talk as much crap as you want about zelda. I don't care anymore. I realize that she's not a good character. But I will say this: I accept the fact that she's a bad character, and I will be playing her regardless. Even if there is some super-secret AT that is discovered that develops zelda's meta game to the point to where she's mid tier or even (heaven forbid) high tier, I will still play zelda. What I want to know is...will the rest of the community do the same?

It's about time we show the smash community what zelda is about. Now that everyone is watching us, let's show them what we have.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Some ******* characters that really good players tend to secondary because of all of his gimmicky bull****. It's a shame the character has no metagame though, someone should really main him.

Bandit

Smash Lord
LOL again @ the non-Zelda mains getting butt-hurt.:laugh:

Rykoshet said:
I chilled here pretty much non-stop during zelda's formative days. Regardless of how often someone posts in this section it really doesn't invalidate one's opinions regarding the character as long as theyre well founded.

Getting defensive, saying people just don't know or havent seen a good zelda means jack squat since all of those reasons still fall on you. It's rather telling and actually kind of sad that the only person from the starting days that wasn't already established off the bat as an exceptional zelda (like DM and Ryoko) that bothered to put in the work was Riot.
Just wanted to point out that you got defensive in your post about Zeldas getting defensive.

@The Red Part: Spoken with true ignorance :laugh:

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
@ Rykoshet: I love your avatar. Me and Peachkid when we team go by Two girls, one up...-smash. So when he saw a shirt with that on it he bought it lol. Now we are looking for a way to paste Zelda's head onto Daisy!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You guys are nasty with your two girls one cup references bwahahaahahah dat shiz is gross as hell.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
I'm a firm believer that there are only 3 true tiers in every fighting game:

- Top Tier (the characters that are best)

- CP Tier (the characters who are decent and are able to counter at least 1 Top Tier)

- everybody else

Therefore, in my eyes, Zelda hasn't moved at all.

Also, the moment I decided to use Zelda, she was doomed to failure (aka the US release of Melee). MrEh knows exactly what I'm talking about.

just an fyi:

Olimar has a faster grab/pivot grab/dash grab than zelda. That type of thing is why zelda is so low.
You sir are amazing.

We are also the heads of the "No one mains lucas" movement.
Where can I sign up?

MrEh

Smash Hero
LOL again @ the non-Zelda mains getting butt-hurt
Oh I'm laughing alright. Not at the non-Zelda mains though.

I love your avatar. Me and Peachkid when we team go by Two girls, one up...-smash. So when he saw a shirt with that on it he bought it lol. Now we are looking for a way to paste Zelda's head onto Daisy!
This is better.

I'm a firm believer that there are only 3 true tiers in every fighting game:
- Top Tier (the characters that are best)
- CP Tier (the characters who are decent and are able to counter at least 1 Top Tier)
- everybody else
Therefore, in my eyes, Zelda hasn't moved at all.
This.

Also, the moment I decided to use Zelda, she was doomed to failure (aka the US release of Melee). MrEh knows exactly what I'm talking about.
The Legend of sniperworm. Anything he touches is destined to fail.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
To be honest, it was said earlier in the threads. With the entire community paying attention to zelda due to the drop in the tier section, now is the prime opportunity to really show what zelda is about.

Whether we are zelda vets like DM or NinjaLink or Riot or whether we have been playing zelda for a little over a month, now's the time to really step up the zelda game. Everyone is watching zelda. "OMG that guy is using zelda! what a low tier character! OMG WTF!?!?!?! DID HE JUST BEAT THAT DEDEDE PLAYER!!?!?!?!! OMGWTFHAX!!!!!!!"

I mean obviously she's not top tier or high tier material, but in my honest opinion, zelda is not deserving of bottom tier. Her only main threats from progressing up the tier list are the top of the low tier (ike, lucas, mario, etc.) and a few of the lower mid-tiers. We may not be able to pass them, but we can get back on the D tier pedestal that I know zelda deserves, at least.

A part of the reason zelda's being looked down upon also is the overall attitude of the community. I mean, come on, we argue amongst each other, correcting each other, attacking each other. It's about time we actually START acting like a community and work together. Who cares if zelda is a crap character? As a zelda main, I 100% accept this fact, just like any ganon main will 100% accept the fact that ganon is STILL the worst character in the game. The difference between us and the ganons is their attitude. At least they have the positive mentality that makes them stronger as a ganon main and as a player. We constantly bring ourselves down instead of dealing with our setbacks and making the best of it.

Talk as much crap as you want about zelda. I don't care anymore. I realize that she's not a good character. But I will say this: I accept the fact that she's a bad character, and I will be playing her regardless. Even if there is some super-secret AT that is discovered that develops zelda's meta game to the point to where she's mid tier or even (heaven forbid) high tier, I will still play zelda. What I want to know is...will the rest of the community do the same?

It's about time we show the smash community what zelda is about. Now that everyone is watching us, let's show them what we have.
Blame MR Eh Kaylo and who else decided to proclaim Zelda as the worst character in brawl. Who constantly just **** on anyone who tried to say anything positive about Zelda or anything of that nature. Also blame the people in charge of the guide that hasn't been finished after 4 months......

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol

I enjoy finger-pointing as well.
That's all I really got out of your post though.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Stop sniping people AL, we've talked about negative attitude to death, let's not throw in personal attacks. They may have started it, but given the crowd, it was bound to happen once the community started to realize she's a bad character.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
And in this case, pot = character and black = bad.

Sry brah. You think Mr. Eh, Malcolm or Myself are unfamiliar with people saying our characters are lackluster?

Understand that it's no one's fault that a character is bad except the programmers and maybe the people who utilize said character. That's where it ends, you don't yell at the people who start realizing "wow she sucks" after she finally drops after 2 years of fooling everyone.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Blame MR Eh Kaylo and who else decided to proclaim Zelda as the worst character in brawl. Who constantly just **** on anyone who tried to say anything positive about Zelda or anything of that nature. Also blame the people in charge of the guide that hasn't been finished after 4 months......
Stop sniping people AL, we've talked about negative attitude to death, let's not throw in personal attacks. They may have started it, but given the crowd, it was bound to happen once the community started to realize she's a bad character.
Not finger pointing if a pot is black it's black.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Also blame the people in charge of the guide that hasn't been finished after 4 months......
Hmm, yes. It all makes sense now. It's their fault that Zelda is bottom tier!

All this time, I've been pointing my finger at the poor tournament results. Silly me.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Hmm, yes. It all makes sense now. It's their fault that Zelda is bottom tier!

All this time, I've been pointing my finger at the poor tournament results. Silly me.
*whispers* Hey MrEh...

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Someones purple.....:x

Congratzs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom