• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda is now bottom tier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I didn't expect the next tier list to be out so suddenly.

Hmmm third from bottom seems a little bit too low to me lol, but I suppose they have their reasons. Brawl is a campy game after all...

edit: okay after the reading the thread something is clearly wrong - I hate to use the word representation but I think in this case we need to get a few more tourney results in guys.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Zelda doesn't really have a projectile.........this is probably the spot she should be at anyway.

Edit: Kata lol they probably had a few good reasons to put her in dead last as Link and Ganon have WAY more tourny representation lol she's lucky she's not dead last.

Also......called it. Get @ me.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
It's quite cool though when you think about it - as no one will bother to learn bottom tier matchups.

@mars: I agree actually, dead last would have been funnier.

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
When I heard that Zelda was 3rd worst about 2 weeks ago, I lol'ed.

Severely.
Pierce is too good !

I lol'd very hard when I've seen Zelda 3rd worst character in the game. Captain Falcon is better than Zelda now XD ! ridiculous .___.

MrEh

Smash Hero
It's quite cool though when you think about it - as no one will bother to learn bottom tier matchups.
It doesn't make a difference at all.

No one even bothered learning the matchup when Zelda was borderline mid tier. Any sort of new advantage Zelda hopes to gain from matchup obscurity won't happen, because she already had that advantage in the first place.

Captain Falcon is better than Zelda now XD ! ridiculous .___.
Ridiculous? Hardly.

We can talk about how we think that Zelda is better then Captain Falcon, but ultimately Falcon is where he is due to having better tournament results all around. (Or maybe just because Ally wrecked with him in that one tournament.) Whereas Zelda doesn't really place anywhere, or anywhere major.

Think about it like this: if Zelda players do not represent, then she might as well be bottom tier. No matter how good people think she is, she certainly isn't affecting the metagame in any way.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I actually think this is a joke. But I could be wrong.

I am fine with this though. I'll still beat shadow/fatal/etc. in friendlies I'll just remember to record them from now on to make people talk about how good the bottom tier main Riot is.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
I'm not too surprised, almost every character has better results. If we want to step it up, we need Zelda mains to actually enter singles since I know a few of you don't anymore :(

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Hey....

Maybe I'll start entering now, it will be fun to make people want to quit this game when I beat them. ^_^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I personally think Zelda should be a bit higher than where she is at now. Like some have said, there needs to be more Zelda rep, like the time Sonic went up by 8 on tier list v3.
Alas, the only 2 good things about this placing is that not many are gonna learn bottom tier matchups (as said before), and that it becomes way more humiliating for a person to lose to a Zelda. But still, she is better than what the list has placed her at.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea I mean you just gave so many reasons as why she's not that bad.........certainly convinced me.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
lol

well... it looks like she'll be hovering around this spot for awhile.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Really though, this isn't a bad thing at all. Keep on the bright side people. This is what most of you wanted, and for the rest of us it might open up some new opportunities.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Well, I was guessing she'd be around 6th or 7th worst before, but considering the lack of results I suppose it's not unjustifiable that she's that low.

It'll make winning her so much more satisfying. :) Is 9 places the most any character has dropped in the space of a single Smash tier list (including Melee)?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Zelda got ***** sooooo hard hahahaha

I almost think that they put her that far down JUST to stick her along side Ganon and Link xD

Aibou

Smash Master
I'm not entirely convinced Zelda belongs in "Bottom Tier". Low? Hell yeah, but bottom?

Meh, all the more satisfaction we'll get when we win matches with her (notice I said matches and not tournaments).

*goes back to lurking*

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
I'm not entirely convinced Zelda belongs in "Bottom Tier". Low? Hell yeah, but bottom?

Meh, all the more satisfaction we'll get when we win matches with her (notice I said matches and not tournaments).

*goes back to lurking*
Don't worry Aibou, like they said, it only makes it more satifying to win!

But I went from A to C...

But now I have that same outlook! Hooray for us!

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Hahaha Im so glad Zelda is third worst actually.

Gave me a good laugh for the day.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Hahaha Im so glad Zelda is third worst actually.

Gave me a good laugh for the day.
The whole list gave me a laugh, also at how people over-exaggerate the outcome, even though what the SBR says means NOTHING! Unless they sneak into our houses and hack all of our games while we're not looking, allt he characters will stay the same.

But some of the placements are pretty funny.

LOL Sonic's moment of glory is over :p

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Yeah well, I mean its not like the SBR just decided to put her there for laughs, obviously a good majority of them though it was justified.

And I mean, Zelda is one of the most underrepresented low tiers imo, and like MrEh said if you dont show the SBR what she can do what do you expect?

Just seeing "she's not bad because ___ ____ ____ and ____" wont convince them if they dont actually see it in action. S

So, though Im surprised she's third worst, it's probably only because I main Zelda and know what she can do, while really Zelda's havent been showing the majority of the SBR and such. Just my thoughts.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Alas, the only 2 good things about this placing is that not many are gonna learn bottom tier matchups (as said before)
No one even bothered learning the matchup when Zelda was borderline mid tier. Any sort of new advantage Zelda hopes to gain from matchup obscurity won't happen, because she already had that advantage in the first place.
I'm going to assume you just skipped over what I said.

And I mean, Zelda is one of the most underrepresented low tiers imo, and like MrEh said if you dont show the SBR what she can do what do you expect?
Pretty much this.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Welp I guess all the person who continuously said she should be lower on the tier list should be happy now am i rite?

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I came here expecting three things, all of which I also found:
  1. Trolling
  2. "She shouldn't be that low IMO"
  3. "I'm glad about this, it'll make winning with her even better."
I'm satisfied.

bleyva

Smash Ace
so like, does this mean that all of zelda's match-up discussions are gonna have to be rewritten to reflect her being third worst? or do they stay the same

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I actually saw this coming. I think I made a comment about it somewhere on this boards that Zelda Link and Ganon should be where they are now. Heh, my wish came true.

Well at the very least G tier can now be Hyrule Tier.

Lol, though it wont stop me from playing her at all. :)

thelegendkiller

Smash Rookie
Late because my computer's getting **** on by a virus atm, but......

Definitely a larger drop than I expected, and I truly don't think she's that bad, but.... whatever. I couldn't care less tbh.

She's the same character she was before, I'm still gonna use her, and lol@Triforce tier. They did that **** on purpose.

@bleyva: The tier list ultimately means very little in terms of a single character. The only thing it might affect is how people view Zelda and how often they use her (either because they'll suddenly perceive her as worse or because her harder matchups become more/less popular)..... like I said, she's the EXACT same character she's always been, so her matchups will remain the same.

~ KayLo!

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Despite what everyone says about Zelda, now having the hardest
**** run through her
drops in smash history, the MU isn't going to change cause most of the meta game is already figured out.

Actually I invite you guys to continue hating more and more on Zelda. It'll only bring me smiles when I ask "U Mad about losing to Hyrule Tier?"

MrEh

Smash Hero
so like, does this mean that all of zelda's match-up discussions are gonna have to be rewritten to reflect her being third worst? or do they stay the same
Zelda didn't become magically worse just because she's listed lower on the tier list.

Zelda has always been this bad, it's just that no one questioned how bad she really was until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom