• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

your predictions for EVO 2013

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
1) Mew2king

The brackets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of scrubs, and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their ****ty DI and rusty tech skill will foam up about their waists, and all the Falcos and Foxes will look up and shout "Save us!"... and Jason will look down and whisper "No."

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
1) Mew2king

The brackets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of scrubs, and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their ****ty DI and rusty tech skill will foam up about their waists, and all the Falcos and Foxes will look up and shout "Save us!"... and Jason will look down and whisper "No."
What is with this thread making hilarious posts

Also, I could imagine M2K saying no

EVH

Smash Cadet
What I want to happen:
1)M2k
2)Hbox
3)PP
4)Mango

What I think will happen:
1)PP
2)Mango/Hbox
3)Hbox/Mango
4)M2k

clowsui

Smash Legend
what atma said lol. if mangonation is allowed to say that mango was off etc, then we're allowed to say the same for PP

rocketpower, gucci isn't going

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
if anyone loses ever they were playing bad amirite
Playing bad is too subjective. If you were to play me, you would think I played badly, but for me, it could be playing well. So I think it would be fair to say outplayed sometimes. Then other times, people do just play badly. If I ever did face you, you would out play the **** out of me on my best of days lol

clowsui

Smash Legend

no one's saying you didn't outplay him lol. 95% of the community is unfair to you 100% of the time; here are a lot of occasions where i'd say you were playing bad and didn't deserve to lose but players are biased against floaties so my voice gets lost in the crowd ;p

anyways he was playing like doo-doo vs mango moreso than anything. vs you he was playing...OK, but he's gotta be at his best to beat you.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Playing bad is too subjective. If you were to play me, you would think I played badly, but for me, it could be playing well. So I think it would be fair to say outplayed sometimes. Then other times, people do just play badly. If I ever did face you, you would out play the **** out of me on my best of days lol
He's saying people always John when they lose but not when they win.

Regardless that 4 stock was all you needed after the NCR johns. It made me lol so much, Evo will be your tiebreaker, I except no johns at a tournament when everyone has ample time to prepare and plenty of motivation to win the biggest melee tournament ever with quite a pot.

Well looks like I'm gonna have to place top 10.

CANADA REPRESENT! :D
No such thing as top ten. Canada on stage for top 8 or bust. Good luck.

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
Thanks dude. I guess I should read context before chiming in. In all honestly I don't know who I want to win EVO (since I'm not going). Like, I want the top four to be Hbox, Hax, Mango, and M2K in any order. It would be awesome to see M2K or Mango get recrowned, but Hbox winning would be awesome because he always gets the shaft. Hax is always Hype though.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
In my opinion PP played way below his average level at Zenith, I've never seen him play that bad tbh

That being said, PP will win EVO

#PPriders

EVH

Smash Cadet

I hope this wasn't directed at my post, you and M2k are my two favorites. You beat PP because you were playing better than him and you stepped up your game.

But against Mango, PP was playing awful.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
My prediction.
Mango will win 3-2 against hbox in winners finals. Hbox will win 3-1 for the reset. Mango will go puff in the final match of the final set to win 3-2. Hbox will challenge him to a 100$ puff ditto noting they both won 7 matches. Mr wizard will demand they play on stage while the crowd chants USA.

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping that I would have more solid predictions after Zenith but now I'm even more unsure than I was before. I mean depending on a lot of different variables I could see any of the big four taking it (although some more than others.) I've mentioned a few times on stream chats and such that I thought that PP was the "safest" choice for winning it but suddenly Mango comes out with the "little kid heart" or whatever made him play probably the best I've seen him play since Genesis 2. A determined Mango? What?? How is that a thing all of the sudden? Meanwhile PP had an uncharacteristically bad performance; I'm not going to say that hbox and mango don't deserve their wins against him because in all honesty they both played very well against PP but this was clearly not PPMD at his best. Besides that's only really considering surprises surrounding the top 4; there were plenty of crazy surprises outside of those players as well (Abate beating Hax, DJN beating unknown etc. etc. ) that could skewer the results even further. I mean that's kind of to be expected on anything competitive, all it takes is for a guy to have to have a bit of off day and someone else to play "the best they've ever played" to make for some really surprising results. I guess the only way to sum up how I feel about evo predictions at this point is: Anything can happen, melee is a crazy game.

I can't wait.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Floaties are gonna place really well because there are gonna be a million people and very few setups so fast fallers won't get to warm up lol

imo

this isn't a pre-john btw because I'm gonna place well regardless

edit: And Daigo is going to win EVO playing exclusively samus and running into no sheiks

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Floaties are gonna place really well because there are gonna be a million people and very few setups so fast fallers won't get to warm up lol

imo

this isn't a pre-john btw because I'm gonna place well regardless

edit: And Daigo is going to win EVO playing exclusively samus and running into no sheiks

ignoring the last part, unless top-level spacies start getting taken out by randoms, this shouldn't be an issue (much less of a rush after first round of pools)

The Business

Smash Journeyman
what atma said lol. if mangonation is allowed to say that mango was off etc, then we're allowed to say the same for PP

rocketpower, gucci isn't going
in what universe has anyone ever accepted playing bad johns from "mangonation" on behalf of mango. The way that goes is mango fans claim he was playing bad and he's still way better than everyone, then 99 percent of smashboards calls them an idiot, says something along the lines of "here we go" then likes every single post that tells that guy off.

but I guess you're allowed to say anything.

MrWizard

EVO Founder
You are all wrong. Ken is winning this tournament, defending his crown at Evo 2013!

FourStar

Smash Ace
here's how i see it: now that armada is retired the top 7 have a better chance of winning. but i see people like hbox, mango, M2k, PP, and (i'm gonna get criticism for this) PPU winning it. but hell i can even see axe taking it. that's just what i think though so yeah....

t3h Icy

Smash Master
here's how i see it: now that armada is retired the top 7 have a better chance of winning. but i see people like hbox, mango, M2k, PP, and (i'm gonna get criticism for this) PPU winning it. but hell i can even see axe taking it. that's just what i think though so yeah....

Popopidopop

Smash Cadet
Pretty damn sure that 1 of the top 4 won't place top 4! not the wildest prediction but it's what I can say right now

Keep the predictions coming! These threads used to be really popular, and now half a week goes without a post in the prediction thread for the greatest tournament of all time?

Top Bottom