• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

your predictions for EVO 2013

Griffard

Smash Ace
I really want it to be someone who has never won a (n inter) national tournament before. That would be incredibly hype. The US and international competitive scene at the top top level has been pretty turbulent lately, so it would be amazing to see some up and comers placing really high. I'd also love to see someone maining a relatively unseen character put in some work.

Since this is a predictions thread though, here are my picks

M2K PewPewU Hax Ice HBox SFAT Shroomed Mango any order.

Engo

Smash Ace
All I know is that there will likely not be any Canada in top 10 :/ KirbyKaze and Unknown522 aren't going neither is Vwins. I don't know how good Blunted_Object is these days. IB is really good but I don't know if he'll make top 10.

n00b ADAM!

Smash Cadet
my prediction? Me lol jk I think mango or dr pp will be up on top. but ken is definatly a contendor since he won the last Evo cuz skill like that it doesnt go away.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Mango lost to like, everyone in the past 6 months or so. PP at KoC, Armada all the time, Hbox at NCR, and Mew2king at Apex 2013. Most likely it will be PP on top, but I have faith in M2K

strawhats

Smash Master
get em Jason. Will the Zimmerman be able to take out PP/Hbox this time. Mango needs to get his **** together, losing to mad heads lately. (armada was kind of a given seeing as he is/was the best player in the world, then pp, then m2k, now recently PPU, and hbox) Someone might wanna bring back da jiggles mcKenzie as Dogy would say. Crack the emergency glass on the puff damn it.
I really wanna see PPU get top 5 at least, same for Ice. PPU has recently beaten axe's pika, made hbox sweat bullets (you know that 3-0 was pretty misleading..must've been the closest 3-0 of all ****ing time), beaten dajuan's doc, beaten fly amanita. (Still needs to get through Wobbles' ICs but K. tOY IS VERY ADAPTIVE/SMART so I have confidence he can beat him next time they play) As for Ice well, I miss his marth already but good Lord was his sheik smooth as ****.

P.S. anyone know if Javi/Tuga/Jeapie/Calle W (saw him post in Ice's donation thread a while back) intend on coming.... ;( I miss Amsah sama

Armada

Smash Lord
get em Jason. Will the Zimmerman be able to take out PP/Hbox this time. Mango needs to get his **** together, losing to mad heads lately. (armada was kind of a given seeing as he is/was the best player in the world, then pp, then m2k, now recently PPU, and hbox)
He lost a set vs Ice at Beast3 too!

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
>Melee Grand Finals
>Lights fade out
>Hype begins
>Ceiling opens
>There's a big ass helicopter in the sky
>[Hype Intensifies]
>Somebody is slowly descending from the heli
>It's Armada
>Hype reaches critical mass levels
>Generates enough energy to power the entirety of Vegas for years
>Energy radiates around Vegas
>City explodes, no survivors
>Sakurai releases Smash 4 hours later
>Pichu for top tier

Djent

Smash Champion
As much as I'd like to call some wacky-ass results for top 8, I don't think things will be too weird. This game's results have been consistent almost to a fault, with 7 out of 8 players returning to the top 8 at Apex 2013. I don't know of any other recent game with results that were so consistent. Armada's absence will shake things up a bit (HBox will be happy for sure), but we already know roughly how well the remaining players match up against each other. So while nerves could be an issue for people who have never played on a stream with 40K+ viewers, I still can't bring myself to deviate significantly from the most recent majors. Here are my predictions for now (I'll probably change them based on input from upcoming tournies):

1) Hungrybox
2) Dr. PeePee
3) Mango
4) Mew2King
5) Hax
5) PewPewU
7) Ice
7) Shroomed

Djent

Smash Champion
Also, a note on some other players who could make it (but probably won't):

Wobbles - A brilliant player, but I predict his emotions will hurt him at an event like this. Then again, an absence of top level Peaches could play in his favor as well.
Axe - He'll probably switch to Falco at some point when he should have stayed Pika. He's probably the most inconsistent of the *really* good Melee players.
S2J - Who knows, honestly? He's got the talent, but I can't put him above Hax (only happened once in recent major history, and by one place).
SFAT - Another "sleeper" pick, but Fox at a high-level is going to be *really* hard to maintain at a tournament as big as EVO.
Westballz - Another brilliant player who isn't terribly consistent - if he's "on," he could easily beat any of 5-8.
Plup - He's going to break through and do crazy things on a national level at some point, but WC knows Samus.
Zhu - Shoutouts to Genesis 1?

Wish I could list more EC guys but this isn't Brawl. JMan come back pls. :urg:

strawhats

Smash Master
Oh **** yeah forgot about mango's set loss vs Mustafa(Ice) at B.E.AS.T. Mango losing to marth/sheik mains of late.

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
why wud people not regiser
thts hella ga dude
its like having armada mango and hungrybox and pp with no m2k
its gotta have the top20 there for sure, i want like 500 entrants

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to Jabejazz in one of the best posts if not the greatest post on SWF
i cud imagine olmec saying "Maximum Hype level achieved" or some **** and mango and m2ks fingers wud be on fire
then mango got the last stock but the westcoast chants were stopped when non other than
Armada appeared walking through smoke prepared to **** the **** out of mangos ****
Shoutouts to olmec

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
they just gotta keep hbox away from m2k so we dont get a puff ditto on main stage.

which m2k would win of course. so definitely gonna say jason for top 1.

Awstintacious

Smash Apprentice
>Melee Grand Finals
>Lights fade out
>Hype begins
>Ceiling opens
>There's a big *** helicopter in the sky
>[Hype Intensifies]
>Somebody is slowly descending from the heli
>It's Armada
>Hype reaches critical mass levels
>Generates enough energy to power the entirety of Vegas for years
>Energy radiates around Vegas
>City explodes, no survivors
>Sakurai releases Smash 4 hours later
>Pichu for top tier
This is the greatest haha!

Also M2K can't let me down, his loss to PP last Apex was so crushing. I was so hype and I know it would have been hype if he played Armada, mad close sets. Rise of the Marths, M2K, PP, and PPU gonna go in.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Peepee has to be the favorite here.
After that, second and third to whoever can win between M2K and Mango (it could go either way shoutouts to Ken's commentary).
After that probably HBox and Hax not too far behind.

Everything else is up in the air. Shroomed should be up there if he's on his game. Wobbles recently beat Shroomed, PewPewU, and Westballz all in a row at KoC2, all while (in response to Djent's comment on his emotions) laughing and enjoying himself. I could definitely see a name or two from Europe up here; Ice seems to be the popular one after his match with Mango (even though he got spanked in the second set), and I still think Leffen or Amsah could do well if they come. I desperately want to see PewPewU do well, his Marth is just so beautiful <3. A bunch of other Cali players (S2J, Zhu, Westballz, SFAT and more) have the potential to put together a good run here, but none of them have been quite consistent enough for me to declare that they have top 8 in the bag. If Axe plays well he also has a very good shot of placing highly, but he needs to stick to his guns, stay consistent and not just panic and pick Falco (in fact I think he's panicking every time he picks Falco). Canada seems to be out of the running with so many of their top players missing.

Other names I'm not entirely ruling out: Darkrain, Chillin, Kage
(Disclaimer: didn't do the research to see who is and isn't coming except for what I've read above because laziness)

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
Everyone is bad and no one is going to win this tournament. No one.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
1. PP
2. M2K
3. Mango
4. Hbox

I feel like M2K and Hbox will switch positions depending on how the bracket goes.

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
Most likely will be M2K, PP, or Mango who takes it.

That being said, it would be hella hype if Ken won. Prove he's still the king, retire on a high point. It's not completely impossible either, I mean if he practices enough before Evo, shakes off the rust, he has a shot. Especially since the change in the metagame means a lot of people aren't familiar with the old school style. Let's face it, a lot of new schoolers are almost robotic, just executing the combos and memorizing matchups. Not to say they don't think on their feet and adapt, not at all that, but the old schoolers didn't have the same metagame to work off of, and a lot of it was just complete improv. Point is, it's harder to predict what he's gonna do next, and as such harder to know the marchup, so he stands a pretty decent chance

Top Bottom