• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

your predictions for EVO 2013

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman
I'm not really a huge fan of making predictions because you never really know, but I'll give it a shot:

1) Dr. PeePee
2) Hungrybox
3) Mew2King
4) Mango
5) Hax
5) Shroomed
7) PewPewU
7) Axe
9) Ice
9) Wobbles

Mango lost to like, everyone in the past 6 months or so. PP at KoC, Armada all the time, Hbox at NCR, and Mew2king at Apex 2013. Most likely it will be PP on top, but I have faith in M2K
^I very much agree with this. My list looks heavily EC biased, and it is, but here's why I think what I think: imo PP and Hungrybox are the most motivated players right now. I think both of them will do very well, especially without the threat of Armada. I don't think Mango is as much of a threat (within top 5) as he used to be, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mew2king and/or Hungrybox did better than him. I really want to see Hax break the prophecy, and I believe he can do it. I'd also love to see PewpewU do really well, and with the way he's been playing lately I think top 7 is very well within his reach.

The only really solid prediction of mine is that PP will win. All the faith in the world Kevin :') <3

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
mango also lost to to ice
a set but thats not more then he lost to the other ******s (except m2k&armada)
he wouldve lost if he wasnt lucky about jeapie being so amazing (who he wouldve also lost to)

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Most likely will be M2K, PP, or Mango who takes it.

That being said, it would be hella hype if Ken won. Prove he's still the king, retire on a high point. It's not completely impossible either, I mean if he practices enough before Evo, shakes off the rust, he has a shot. Especially since the change in the metagame means a lot of people aren't familiar with the old school style. Let's face it, a lot of new schoolers are almost robotic, just executing the combos and memorizing matchups. Not to say they don't think on their feet and adapt, not at all that, but the old schoolers didn't have the same metagame to work off of, and a lot of it was just complete improv. Point is, it's harder to predict what he's gonna do next, and as such harder to know the marchup, so he stands a pretty decent chance
Not sure if trolling or actually doesn't know that the only reason Ken's going is that he lost to Scar...

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really a huge fan of making predictions because you never really know, but I'll give it a shot:

1) Dr. PeePee
2) Hungrybox
3) Mew2King
4) Mango
5) Hax
5) Shroomed
7) PewPewU
7) Axe
9) Ice
9) Wobbles

^I very much agree with this. My list looks heavily EC biased, and it is, but here's why I think what I think: imo PP and Hungrybox are the most motivated players right now. I think both of them will do very well, especially without the threat of Armada. I don't think Mango is as much of a threat (within top 5) as he used to be, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mew2king and/or Hungrybox did better than him. I really want to see Hax break the prophecy, and I believe he can do it. I'd also love to see PewpewU do really well, and with the way he's been playing lately I think top 7 is very well within his reach.

The only really solid prediction of mine is that PP will win. All the faith in the world Kevin :') <3
Not as much of a threat to the top 5 meaning not getting #1 every time? He f***ing 4 stocked and 3-0d hbox first set of gfs...and lost the second bc of a fluke. I said it, a fluke. HBOx is not on equal footing with mango, and he probably never will be. He's 3-0d dr peepee quite recently if I recall as well, and I guarantee if he practiced and went puff against Marths and sheiks he'd **** them.

That being said, I believe mango will win.

Armada

Smash Lord
Not as much of a threat to the top 5 meaning not getting #1 every time? He f***ing 4 stocked and 3-0d hbox first set of gfs...and lost the second bc of a fluke. I said it, a fluke. HBOx is not on equal footing with mango, and he probably never will be. He's 3-0d dr peepee quite recently if I recall as well, and I guarantee if he practiced and went puff against Marths and sheiks he'd **** them.

KoC - Fluke
Apex 2013 - Fluke
Dropping sets to Ice/PPU - Fluke
NCR - Fluke

Not hard understanding the rules of Mangonation ;)
I do have a lot of respect for Mango but the insane **** riding is starting to get to a point that I actually starts losing any kind of hope in humanity....

clowsui

Smash Legend
Armada with the real talk.

The sooner we stop making excuses for Mango, the harder he'll have to work for his fans.

And since he does it for the fans...

just a thought.

1. Dr Peepee - motivated, great thinker, well-practiced. This man has it all. He'll win.
2. Hungrybox - el caja hambre has found himself in a struggle. His performance at NCR was incredible though. A real shake-up.
3. Mang0 - one of the worst champions a game has ever had. Mew2King comes pretty close too; he wins out because I think Mang0's willful ignorance is annoying and M2K's shaped up a little over the past few years. In any case, Mango is still a great player. He just won't beat raw motivation.
4. Hax$ - what's gucci my *****. Hax is a crowd fiend, and on the biggest stage in the world...the people's champ becomes elevated. I don't like his viewpoints and opinions on the game, but you gotta respect the kid Falcon.
5. Unknown522 - the darkest of all horses, this man is wild when he's on point. He carries Kirbykaze's legacy on his back, and isn't afraid to take it to the top. My only "fan pick" in this top 8.
5. Wobbles the Phoenix - the culmination of rebirth. Wobbles finally comes into his full name. But a pair of siblings can only climb so far from the ashes...
7. Mew2King - the Gods' attempt to tell Mew2King that he needs to move on. An incredible player, he will fall to himself on the world's biggest stage.
7. PewpewU/Axe/Ice/Javi(?) - Young blood; the embodiment of vitality./The most dynamic./The cold, cold heart of Europe, their dreams and hopes./The most unpredictable of all men, here is his last mark on history. Unfortunately, no player can escape statistical reality; these four certainly can't. Random seeding? These players are on the brink, so variance will only hurt them.

strawhats

Smash Master

sigh...It's mango's decision to use spacies. He must live and die with his decision to use them. He is not a puff main anymore, unfortunate or fortunate depending on what spectrum of the mango era you prefer. No character johns for mango. I do agree that mango is the better player between him and hbox. Mango/as well as his legion of followers (mango has grown on me since his days as a puff main, from a player standpoint) need to learn to respect his opponents. i.e. PPU making the post he did in the Results thread of NCR

Revven

FrankerZ
I predict there will be huge upsets, particularly if any surprising international players come out to EVO. I don't have a top 8 in my head, though.

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
dark + javi fund needs to happen

javi isnt ****ing going?
plz make javi fund cuz javi is top 10 easily in the world and sin Javi, el Campeonato es muy aburrido :(
!QUE MIERDA!

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
7. Mew2King - the Gods' attempt to tell Mew2King that he needs to move on. An incredible player, he will fall to himself on the world's biggest stage.
So strong is my fanboyism for Jason Zimmerman at this point, even a prediction of his failure upsets me.

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
shiz chops stric9 and westballz are gonna style on the top 5 so none of them are gonna be at top8 which is:
shiz
chops
hax
axe
dajuan
ppu
mango(from losers)
armada

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if trolling or actually doesn't know that the only reason Ken's going is that he lost to Scar...
No, I know that's why he's going. Saw the set haha.
Scar's a great player. No shame in losing to him. Plus on top of that, Ken was rusty, and still managed to make it close at least. He only lost 4-3, not like he was 4-0d and 4 stocked every time. It was a close set, and each match individually was close. I'm saying if ken shakes off the rust, maybe familiarizes himself with the newer smash crowds play, he stands a realistic chance of winning it, or at least placing well.

Djent

Smash Champion
I can't see Ken placing higher than 9th, even if he goes into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber these next few months. He's a brilliant guy, but you can't just cram for years of lost experience.

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
You'll see. When mango comes and ****s everyone up you'll give the respect he deserves.

How can you not want the guy to win? He makes melee fun to watch.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Wobble'deh wobble'deh wobble wobble'deh wobble'deh KETCHUP!

On the real: On July 14th....

the King of Mews....

....will rise.

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
KoC - Fluke
Apex 2013 - Fluke
Dropping sets to Ice/PPU - Fluke
NCR - Fluke

Not hard understanding the rules of Mangonation ;)
I do have a lot of respect for Mango but the insane **** riding is starting to get to a point that I actually starts losing any kind of hope in humanity....
If he had dropped out at the top of his game like someone else in this thread youd remember mango much differently

Armada

Smash Lord
Not sure if you are serious or just a troll but I will handle this case as you actually are serious.
The way I "remember" or see Mango is not something you have ANY idea of.

But I will be nice and tell you what I think.
Mango is one of the absolutely best players in the history of melee, no doubts. He has proven this a lot of times and deserve to be rememberd that way.

THAT doesn't mean that every single time he loss that he "didn't cared" or it was a "fluke" or that he is "actually MUCH better". I have played with Mango quite a few times so I do have a pretty good understanding on how good he is but that doesn't mean I think this insanely ammount of excuses is either correct or healthy for competitive gaming.

If you think that everyone should act like a lot of those "fans"/others does and show a very bad behavior and something that is so far away from sportmanship that I don't even know where to start is okay then it's your opinion, one I clearly do not share.

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
I didn't say ANYTHING about the other times mango lost, that was all you. And I believe you brought it up bc you feel self conscious or something bc mango was the last dominant player before you, idk. I just said I believed his loss to hungrybox was a fluke, and that I believe his puff is better for the sheik/marth matchup. But I said it in a way a fan would.

Yes, he lost. No I didn't make any excuses for him. He just by far does the craziest s*** in the game in my opinion and I really want to see him win evo bc players like him, javi, and axe are why I enjoy melee.

Armada

Smash Lord
Yeah I know I did point out those other times.
I did it because that's what you hear every single time Mango lose a tournament and you can't even compare it to any other players in this games history and as a fan of competitions overall Im just so tired of seeing this kind of behavior all the time.

Might sound like I put everything on you, that's not my intention, just that we have heard and seen this kind of behavior for such a long time and it starts to get very boring :p

I know my English still has a lot of areas to improve on but the way I translate "fluke" does make it sound like it is trying to take away much credit from Hbox and also put Mango in a better position. Im not saying Hbox is a better player then Mango. It takes a bit more then one set to change that (especially since they have many sets in the past) but it's not like Hbox never has a chance. Apex 2013 was pretty close too.

You are free to have your opinion and support the players you feel for! =)

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
what was so bad about mangos attitude or our impressions of him losing

NCR was amazing and it gave me an updated view of what melee wud look like on the big stage
the matchups were dream mus
ppu and wes both played hbox and put on a good show
i loved westballz s2j, very entertaining
also one of the best GF in years
GG ipw

clowsui

Smash Legend
how about the fact that mango either discredits his opponent or distances himself from his responsibilities as a competitor every time he loses? seriously

http://www.smashboards.com/threads/genesisss-2-mango.309909/

that right there is why no one should respect mango as a champion. you can say he's a great player - no one will contest that - and you can say he could have won at any time, but by all measures of a great competitor, he fails

"i'm not making excuses...but i'm making excuses"

Top Bottom