• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Favorite Players

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Thread was inspired by things that TAJ, Axe, Light, GG7, and I decided to talk about to kill the time on the 13 hour drive from Phoenix to Norcal for DGDTJ.

The thread is pretty much self-explanatory. Who are your favorite players and why?

I'd prefer to keep it based mostly on playstyle or something in-game. You can interpret that as you wish. Like, you can name one person because you learn a lot from them, or another because you love watching them play, or another because you just like the concept behind their playstyle, etc. You can briefly mention their mindset or behavior, but that (personality, especially if you know them really well) shouldn't be a big deciding factor.

I'll list my top 6 and fill in the why later when I'm not feeling so lazy ;)

• Forward
  • Mew2king
  • Lucien
  • Armada
  • Mango
  • Dr. Peepee

strawhats

Smash Master
Mew2king
Mango
Armada
Silentspectre
Dashizwiz
KoreanDJ

Too lazy to give my reasonings now. I'll do it later.

Mooo

Smash Apprentice
I personally like Shroomed, SS and Mango best. They are just fun to watch and I actually learn a lot from observing them because each of them shares an aspect that I can identify with (the way SS reads his opponents but also basic stuff like the character Shroomed plays, and I like how Mango plays like ninetybillion characters that all look good)

mexicanmax227

Smash Apprentice
I like Ken cuzzz uhhhhhhhh he is the BEST. He was a rock that was rarely cracked. A player very hard to deal with. His approachs were so legit. The reason he's my favorite smasher is he used his head where other players would never think. His Marth was every other Marths dream. Including mine and I'm still training and analyzing his gameplay to this day. When you coming back Ken?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
pewpewu mindgames
mango genious
scar from 2 years ago
eggm when he used to play falco
cosmo for zelda
colbol entertainment
me for trying to be all of them at the same time

D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
i think ken did SH nair too much and i took advantage of that with dash dance grab
LOOOOOAKLFJALKJFKLJHHAHAHALKHFAHHAHAHAHKAJSDF;LKASLKFJAWHEHL;ARMADAKDJF,.ZM,..,m.,m./,m2KLHZAHHHHOUUUUUUUUOOOOOIUUUuahhhhHHHHHHಠ‿ಠLKJJEHHHKJHAHKMANGOUUUUUUUUUDRPPDRUUUUOUUUUIIIIIEHHEHBOXWHENHERANDOMLYRESTSEKKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKDJ

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Mango, because his combos are the best and he's almost always aggressive. Plus he's cocky as **** which is absolutely hilarious
Zoo, because his falco is really cool/he lives close and teaches me stuff
Dr. PP, because he's always getting better and helping the falco boards.
Lambchops, cuz he DOESN'T GIVE A **** in game
Scar, cuz he DOESN'T GIVE A **** in game
SS, <3

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
kdj-he was the human form of m2k
cactuar-one of the greatest minds of all time
armada-it doesnt matter how bad you ef him up game 1.. because hel ef you up twice as hard the next 2 games
mango-he will make twice as much mistakes as you and still **** you..
m2k-his gimps never get old lol

Beat!

Smash Master
Zhu with the subliminal messages. Lol.

My favourites (in order):
shia - aggressive, technical, beautiful.
mango - perfection
m2k - hella sexy marth
armada - Is it even possible to do that stuff with peach?
amsah - a sheik that's entertaining to watch. nuff' said.
SS -awesome falcon

JPOBS

Smash Hero
how the fawk has no one mentioned Isai yet? fail thread.

my favs

Raynex- cooler than a polar bear's slippers.
isai- ISAAAIIYYUUUUHHHHHH
DaShizWiz- style is so fly. also has the best tag ever.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Mew2King - so good with 3 characters. I love his precision.
Axe- PIKACHU
Armada - Mew2king with peach.
Mango - He's just so good. Lose to kage? Come back and beat him with link. Pick tons of bad characters, don't care, still win.
Ken - my favorite back in the day.

i think ken did SH nair too much and i took advantage of that with dash dance grab
I actually laughed out loud at this. The best part is I can remember a couple combos you see over and over in combo videos of you where you do exactly this to start them.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
Armada - I honestly couldn't see myself maining Peach if I hadn't seen Armada vids from Genesis, ha. I watch almost every video of him from every tournament I see he attends :awesome:
Mango - too good, very innovative.
Isai - does this need explanation? :bee:
Hungrybox/HugS - I put these together because I generally don't watch their matches because I find them "boring" or whatever, but when I'm in the mood, they both play extremely intelligently.
SilentSpectre - Every match is a combo video rofl.
MacD - his peach is so whacky haha. the DADS are too good.
Amsah - his Sheik is spectacular... Makes me want to play sheik, until I remember how bad my sheik is :bee:
I may add stuff later...

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
LOOOOOAKLFJALKJFKLJHHAHAHALKHFAHHAHAHAHKAJSDF;LKASLKFJAWHEHL;ARMADAKDJF,.ZM,..,m.,m./,m2KLHZAHHHHOUUUUUUUUOOOOOIUUUuahhhhHHHHHHಠ‿ಠLKJJEHHHKJHAHKMANGOUUUUUUUUUDRPPDRUUUUOUUUUIIIIIEHHEHBOXWHENHERANDOMLYRESTSEKKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKDJ
this was a very in depth laugh that I analyzed and found humor in

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Zhu, you are the best poster on the entirety of smashboards.

Just sayin'

Edit favorite players later

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Mew2king - best Marth/Sheik/Fox styles ive ever seen. amazing gimps. ***** foxes all day. chaingrabs are amazing

Dashizwiz - very aggresive falco that cant be stopped

Silentspectre - he'll go down there

Mango(only falco) - his style vs spacies is probably the best ive seen.

Amsah - extremely precise sheik

Scorpion Master - dat mario

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
1. Mango- has an incredible mindset in-game and it's wonderful to watch his creativity at work. Basically invents the metagame lol.

2. Isai- This guy was brilliant when he played. Just....brilliant. Watching him vs Hugs from that more recent tournament on Waffles' channel showed me that he didn't lose any of it either. It's....Isai. lol

***Armada would probably go here, but I forgot him lol- This dude innovates so much and punishes really well. It's just nice to watch his very solid play.

3. Lambchops- Probably the Falco that makes the most sense to me personally...at least vs spacies lol. I love watching him put things together and seeing the new ways he'd come up with combos and laser usage.

4. Mew2king- This guy invented sooo much stuff and it's all just so efficient and clean.

5. Azen- Always demonstrated a full understanding of the game and his character. It's thrilling watching how he picks apart any given situation.

6. PC Chris(pre-Brawl)- He plays a lot like me/I want to play....he just made so much sense. Loved both of his spacies.

7. Dashizwiz- Used to be top of my list as my idol lol. Now he's so rusty =( Still, he puts some great Falco things together and is incredibly hype and entertaining to watch.

8. Darkrain- In practice, this guy just ran trains on people and played so raw. He just KNEW. It was cool to see him play Falcon the way he felt he should and do so well outside of the norm just because of his talent and experience.

9. Silent Spectre- I like the way SS finds solutions to things. Very creative. Plus it's Falcon so the combos are always entertaining.

10. LoZR- Would definitely be higher if he didn't choke so much. =( He has incredible potential and some of the most ridiculously innovative Fox ideas and tricks and combos I've seen. Watching him get off is one of the most hype and fun things I've experienced in smash to date.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
LuigiLover62

this topic is poor for me because i like too many people

Cactuar
Azen
Chu
PC Chris
Cort

is probably top 5

cactuar 'cuz he's really gay he just hides it with drillshineupsmash or whatever wins the MU. he's really innocuous about it too. and he also sticks to his principles. and they're disturbing at times.

azen because of f-smash. even though his style gradually became more like stationary shffl + f-smash + grab at some point. he like tripled his repertoire or something. the interview with MLG where he was like, "I realized I needed more F-smash," was also something for the history books... like wtf. his style baffled me for a while. it's like drephen, who's probably like 6th or something for me but i dunno it's kind of a cluster after the top 5.

chu because i mained IC and thought pika = secret anti-peach technology was beastly. and because uair waveland u-smash thunder ko on cort was amazing. i think it's also cool how basic his ICs were and how he showed for years that simple = good. he's great at the neutral game in his MUs.

pc chris because he's amazing. he really will approach just about anything. and that's really cool.

cort because he's made of lego. also nair oos. and u-throw d-smash. i dunno why, but his peach was always really cool to me. maybe this should be vidjo because for the longest time i was in love with vidjo's fairs. i dunno.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Cactuar - Love his playstyle, and overall simplicity. Just smart effective play.

Vanz - Traning partner lolz, always gotta root for the dude cuz he's so fun to play/watch

Amsah - Entertainment/learning for the most part. Gave me more confidence in playing sheik lol

Kirbykaze Luigilover62 - I sorta feel like I'm close to his level due to being delusional and he gives me hope somehow.

KDJ - Literally one of the most hilarious players to watch ever. That and he's freakin ridiculous.

The rest i'm too lazy about.

Vegard

Smash Lord
Colbol - creative, innovative, smart and 'flashy' in a useful way
Shiz - doesn't even have to think when he plays lol
Amsah - best sheik no doubt, more versatile than m2k's sheik and knows the character better imo than any other. ++
Armada - pretty self explanatory I guess

Neasala - 1 decent video of him on youtube I guess, and it's 3 years old or something.

Top Bottom