• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

you guys need to drop the manlyness agenda

Hax

Smash Champion
..and actually play to win

a wise man once said:

Cort said:
Gay and good are synonymous in the world of competitive gaming. Everyone should learn this. :)
therefore, manly =/= good, therefore stop going for ret*rded falcon punch edgeguards and quintuple knees and go for the logical weak knee -> uair edgeguard, etc.

this is why scar doesn't win lolol

Hax

Smash Champion
not necessarily simple and dull, you make it sound as if i'm the suggesting the knee is a bad move lol. i'm just saying falcons need to realize there are often superior options, albeit less manly.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I'm starting to think Hax and Isai are in the same league of wits when it comes to playing this game. More about smart moves than fancy combos, but still incredibly sexy. keep it up hax.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
show me a falcon punch edgeguard in a serious match and I'll say you arent trolling.

Other than M2K v Mang0 from RoM 1

Hax

Smash Champion
scar/pakman vs some team at one of the SPOC's; the GIF in which scar double falcon punches them offstage. this is in addition to numerous unrecorded TOURNAMENT falcon matches.

i just think alot of the reason falcon doesn't win is because of the "manly" theme we've created for him. yes i fully endorse it in FRIENDLIES but in tourney/MM's i hate to see falcons lose because they went for the "manly" alternative, lol.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
its true, look at darkrain he is mad successful and he just tech chases and uairs all match.
Darkrain's falcon is still hella manly. I don't get where this thread is getting at.

How much manlier can you get other than getting off with falcon?

Cause like, falcon punches and quad knees are manly and ****, but ****** is like, the manliest you can get.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's so cool that Hax is trying to get the Falcons to advance their gameplay.

Too bad they'll hit one measly triple knee and be back to their old stupid selves in no time.

:laugh:

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
scar/pakman vs some team at one of the SPOC's; the GIF in which scar double falcon punches them offstage.
I decline to accept Scar nailing that double Falcon punch as him being "manly" that is easily one of the top 3 moments ever seen in melee history. That has nothing to do with "manly"

Plus, Neither of those 2 were coming back, so I would've done the same in his shoes, I mean you gotta go for that if you see the opportunity AND you have stocks left over.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
..and actually play to win

a wise man once said:

therefore, manly =/= good, therefore stop going for ret*rded falcon punch edgeguards and quintuple knees and go for the logical weak knee -> uair edgeguard, etc.

this is why scar doesn't win lolol
i believe Scar 4 Stocked you sir? and Keyword "manly"? Yo let me know when you get out of High School first HAX.(lol)kids these days and stating the obvious...if your falcon is legit you will know for sure.your telling Men to man up?i dont like the sound of that...

wait till this boys sweet 16 he gonna be sooooooooooooooo good.

Mizar

Smash Ace
I think mang0 is a pretty cool guy. eh somehow ***** Zhu with falcon and doesn't afraid of anything

Scar

#HarveyDent
**** you hax i win plenty

our set last time was 2-1 close as ****

and my tourney record vs you is at best 3-2

and im gonna **** you at pound

EC falcons talk so much ****

Hax

Smash Champion
Scar said:
i believe Scar 4 Stocked you sir? and Keyword "manly"? Yo let me know when you get out of High School first HAX.(lol)kids these days and stating the obvious...if your falcon is legit you will know for sure.your telling Men to man up?i dont like the sound of that...
i was still in my fetus when that ***** 4 stocked me, i just ban yoshi's story and **** him now

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
i was still in my fetus when that ***** 4 stocked me, i just ban yoshi's story and **** him now
HAH..ban?Jeff wouldnt ban the stage he lost on he would pick it again and win.like i said grow a beard before telling you elders to man up kid.Your on the list BTW

Mizar

Smash Ace
HAH..ban?Jeff wouldnt ban the stage he lost on he would pick it again and win.like i said grow a beard before telling you elders to man up kid.Your on the list BTW
This is what the entire thread is about. It may be more manly to pick the stage you just lost on, but it would be smarter to counter pick something different.

But like Nocturnalist said, mango knows how to win. Its just great to see him win with the falcon falco matchup. I am whoring the **** out of his videos to get a grip on how/why/when he shows his moves.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I can def. see what Hax is getting at. Right now I honestly think that Mango has the best Falcon, and that most of his success can be attributed to his efficiency. It's not like he's doing anything that other Falcons haven't done before. Almost everything he does has a purpose. In his combos he always seems to take the route with the least room for error, imo. His spacing is very good and he plays extra gay (gay=good like Hax said). Idk, I'll leave the specifics to you guys, just something I noticed.

Lol. omg Jeff would so "get off" and win and u wouldn't. I'm older than you.

:laugh:

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
Doesn't matter because Mango's falcon is the best.

eww........................................................................come on guy,dont taze me .SS,Darkrain,SCAR,MACHDASH...best "falcons".you know the guys who actually main falcon?catch my drift?

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
True say Hax, I realized this at my last tournament and then was like, "f*ck it, it's too hard to play Falcon correctly. I'm going to main Falco"

it's working wonders so far.

legion598

Smash Ace
I think we should go for the BEST options like, if u see the chance to combo in to knee u need to take it instead of using the "safer" alternative so that u get a lead. All we need to do is get more consistent at seeing these oppurtunities and exploiting them. The only time this wont really work is vs puff. That being said, of course if u make stupid choices ur going to lose but if u go about being manly in a smart fashion it beats the **** out of the "gay" way to play

tubes

Smash Ace
Hax is right and you guys should all take his advice seriously, myself included. I've been trying to go for safer **** lately but habits are hard to break. I'm determined though so no problem.

Look, no matter how gay you play, your still Captain Falcon, it really is impossible for Falcon to not look manly what with everyone in smash associating him with manliness itself and how he fits the association quite well. If you backair to backair gimp someone like jigglypuff, the crowds gonna think that was manly as ****.

tubes

Smash Ace
They can, Hax is just trying to give you guys a tip which can help you win games. If you would rather try to look cool than win games then by all means do so.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
rofl i do crazy **** in friendlies all day
people who play to win don't use falcon in tournament

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
people should be trying to win in tournament regardless. people dont play smart anymore srsly its so tech fast flashy but so many hits whiff lol ppl just throw **** out and do crazy combos its been like that for a coup years kinda lame sometimes

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
It was a good peice of advice but this thread just derailed and flew off a cliff when people starting talking ****

rofl i do crazy **** in friendlies all day
people who play to win don't use falcon in tournament
lol I play falcon in tournies cuz He's the only character I can use :laugh:

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Didn't Mango JV4 SS on pokemon stadium? It was very close to a 4 stock.Mango's Falcon is good, maybe not the best, but that proves he's up there, and he doesen't even consider Falcon a main. I'd like to see him up against G-reg Isai and such, not saying he'd **** THEM. But im sure it'd be a great match. Hax is right, the manlyness meme is stupid and bringing Falcon down.I mean I love the hype, everyone does. But "You know I love seeing Falcon punches in my grand finals"

Top Bottom