• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I still fail to understand why you want to get in so badly
The first time I applied was just cause I felt like it and I had a chance to apply. "Oh hey, a thread for the BBR! I know i'll fail but might as well try"

The second was kinda trying to get in and also I believe a few people wanting me to join.

This third time is cause... Well... the fact they're obviously hiding alot of info on stuff that can be useful for people that're only accessible to BBR members.

That's one of the reasons I want to be in, Simply cause it might as well be like "Hahaha we have stuff that makes us smarter/better with things and you guys don't! All you get is a Chart and tierlist with little to no discussion that goes on in both of those threads and mostly just speculation or arguements about Diamond Dog being higher than Jaden Yuki!"

Even though there's threads like Zigsta and Pierce that leak a few other things, the main two courses of the meal is just the BBR MU Chart and Tierlist.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I think you're overestimating how important we are. The BBR is a social group that includes people wanting to advance the metagame of Brawl, basically.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Slush, if you constantly remind yourself of your failures and rejections, you'll never go anywhere. Just do the best you can do and enjoy yourself. It all comes back around eventually.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Slush, if you constantly remind yourself of your failures and rejections, you'll never go anywhere. Just do the best you can do and enjoy yourself. It all comes back around eventually.
Yeah, don't be like me and try to be a perfectionist. You see I only had the 13th curse ever since I did go competitive. Even then, I have no regrets since it pushes me forward lol.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Lololol name search.
Zigs all about dream reaching *reads latest zigsta user blog*
yeap, he's a dreamer.
Or he's dreamy!!!!
That's not funny.
Oh well

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
^ it wants my adress.
Scammur.

I was scared it'd be like "playing video game tournaments is now illegal."
This is still a terrible bill and everyone here should do something to prevent it's passing.

I actually wrote an e-mail to my Congressman earlier today. Let me fetch that...

EDIT: Here it is:

Hello, my name is Richard Lage, a 19-year-old college student and resident of Miami, Florida. I just heard of a bill, titled "S.978", that has just passed through a committee in the Senate and may eventually make it's way onto the House floor. This bill, if passed, will criminalize online public streaming of copyrighted work, an issue that was previously only handled by civil law. Essentially, what is now only punishable by fines from owners of copyrights may now turn into a government-controlled criminal offense potentially resulting in jail-time.

This bill, if signed into law, will have a devastating effect on internet culture. Although this bill specifically attacks internet streams of films and TV shows, it will also apply to many other areas as well, such as music and video games. I thoroughly enjoy using steaming websites like Youtube to listen to music or watch playthroughs of video games. I also like to use websites like justin.tv to watch live streams of certain video games. If this bill passes, then all of these streams can be charged as a criminal offense and must be taken down from the internet. Embedded videos may also come under attack Even something as simple as a little girl lip-syncing to a popular song can become a criminal offense under this bill. The potential impact this bill has can be catastrophic to everyone who uses websites like these, which includes a large percentage of the American population.

Instead of reverting back ten years, I feel like we should instead find the benefits of internet streaming and see how the entertainment industry can utilize it. We already have ads running on the most popular streaming websites. The internet allows vast amounts of information to travel instantaneously, so surely we can find a way to use it instead of destroying a key element to today's internet culture.

I may be just one person, but I share the same feelings as thousands, perhaps even millions of other Americans when I say to not vote for this bill if it comes to pass in the Senate. Thank you for taking your time to read this, and hopefully this bill will never see the light of day.
I'm normally not involved with politics at all, but this issue really alarms me.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Yay for Polt! You should all follow suit! :)

But yeah, in case you missed something there, all copyrighted media is pretty going to be illegal to distribute through the internet, so no more Brawl vids on the internet, like %90 of whatever you watch on Youtube will be illegal. Even embedding videos of copyrighted material will be illegal.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I think you're overestimating how important we are. The BBR is a social group that includes people wanting to advance the metagame of Brawl, basically.

Why else do you think i'm making these MU threads again after two years and still playing Yoshi as technical as I can?
I want Yoshi's metagame to evolve despite all of them on skype complaining how we're still in 08 and never going to improve except for a shimmer of Hope named Zudenka who mains mostly Peach.

I have 0 rejections, also most of my failures for the past 4 tournaments have been either Espy K Prime Megafox Nike Denti and MK.

And based on a few of my recent wins, i've been improving better then I was back in November when I started getting in a bad slump.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Why else do you think i'm making these MU threads again after two years and still playing Yoshi as technical as I can?
I want Yoshi's metagame to evolve despite all of them on skype complaining how we're still in 08 and never going to improve except for a shimmer of Hope named Zudenka who mains mostly Peach.
Just because you're being technical =/= you're evolving Yoshi's metagame. The moves you learn has to be incorporated into the style(s) of play so that they make sense. Throwing them out recklessly during matches means nothing since they serve no purpose. That's the hardest part of anything. No one on Skype is hoping on Zudenka to evolve the metagame; they just like his style of play even if it's unsafe.

Why we're still in '08/'09 metagame is because we haven't evolved much of the stuff we've researched or found throughout the years. They're not incorporated into our game. If you were to take a look at Green Ace's play and compare it to now, there's not much differences that you can see (not including core gameplay) because we're just mainly using a refined playstyle. Hell, some of them just learned to B-reverse easily now when the benefits from using it were found in I believe early 2010. DR is still not used to this day (I've been the only one with the efficiency to use it when I still played), and other options that have been recently found (or that have been around since late 2010) are still not being used. No one is to blame but the person not wanting to practicing and implementing them.

BTW, MU threads aren't exactly changing anything. They aren't directly related to evolving the metagame.

~Mieu

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Just because you're being technical =/= you're evolving Yoshi's metagame. The moves you learn has to be incorporated into the style(s) of play so that they make sense. Throwing them out recklessly during matches means nothing since they serve no purpose. That's the hardest part of anything.
I never said my techs is the other half of the source to evolving the Yoshi metagame, Just stated that I want to make the metagame for Yoshi evolve. Also I just like showing that If I can do the techs in match (even though they're usually at some bad times) Others can as well.

No one on Skype is hoping on Zudenka to evolve the metagame; they just like his style of play even if it's unsafe.
I mostly meant that, hopping off his Playstyle and overexaggerating just cause of D-Tilt or Fair being used effectively.

Why we're still in '08/'09 metagame is because we haven't evolved much of the stuff we've researched or found throughout the years. They're not incorporated into our game.
Cause half the Yoshi's who do research stop doing it cause they don't get help from others.

If you were to take a look at Green Ace's play and compare it to now, there's not much differences that you can see (not including core gameplay) because we're just mainly using a refined playstyle. Hell, some of them just learned to B-reverse easily now when the benefits from using it were found in I believe early 2010.
I thought every Yoshi main (Outside Of Polt ad me trying to help him when he was still In Austin) Knew how to B-reverse by now...

DR is still not used to this day (I've been the only one with the efficiency to use it when I still played), and other options that have been recently found (or that have been around since late 2010) are still not being used.
Like I typed above, Despite joining the scene in 2010 instead of when the game came out, I already am trying to get most techs down, Only one I can't fully implement is DR. Mostly cause of the ridiculous need to press YYA (Refuse to use YBC since that doesn't work) after certain moments like Grab releases for example.

BTW, MU threads aren't exactly changing anything. They aren't directly related to evolving the metagame.
I never said they'd change anything, but it's a start by atleast getting new discussions cause of us heading to MT next update along with our old ones being 2 years old.

Denti, you've been to 3 of our tournaments and not once have I played you...just realized that :urg:
Denti has been to quite a few tournaments in SA, and literally half of them is me playing him.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Throwing them out to show them they can do it too isn't going to work. They have to put in the time to learn it, and it's shown that ppl don't want to learn it since the basics are still working.

I'm not saying names, but there was almost a handful of players that could B-reverse on command without ****ing it up during tourney time.

They just like active playstyles. That's why they like watching Zudenka, and they always call me broken (3 of em anyways) for trying **** that shouldn't work (or that's dangerous as **** considering the situation).

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Zudenka has a good style because it's active and it's actually very powerful at keeping momentum going. It's why I started changing up my style.

Of course, I still think it's important to camp when it's needed, I just find it MUCH more boring now and am more reluctant to do so than I have been in the past.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
@ The Zudenka thing
I appreciate his Yoshi stays relevant. I can watch your sets, polts sets, hades sets and not see anything i haven't seen already. Advancing the metagame? Idk about all that. But he's like one of the what? 5 Yoshis actually doing something different?

And @ Slush
You seriously haven't really contributed much to Yoshis Metagame. MU threads don't really advance anything. Your playstyle is techy but not well done techy. You jut do techs to do them. Im glad in a sense that you're even bothering to learn them, but dude take it one step at a time. Sometimes your tourny sets look like games vs the lvl 9 where you throw out techs at the wall to see what sticks. And even when they stick you don't keep doing it that way over the course of your games.

I've haven't done anything for the metagame either. The research thread is literally me saying "hmmm i wonder what we found already that no one ever looked into..." and making people test it. Most of the Test chambers are rehashes of dropped projects.

Last thing if you really wanna get into the BBR go ahead and apply. Considering the 3 Yoshi's in there are already on the Yoshi boards an extra one there wont do anything for Yoshi.

Top Bottom