• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Depster

Smash Champion
Perhaps it just boils down to us not being as good of players as we could be. I think the current way of playing Yoshi, sort of passive aggressive and choosing the right time to build momentum, is the right way to play this character. But I see way too many bad judgements and random mess ups in vids. Maybe more knowledge of the game and a comprehensive reassessment of our options is what we should do.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Raptor, I agree.

Depster, I also agree with what you say is the current best way of playing Yoshi. I don't think we're optimizing that style though, for reasons Scatz has stated. Everything may evolve again as the metagame grows (or not, we may not need to change at all), but for now our general style is good. I remember Deltacodding used to be the most effective (at least for me and in my region), but that got old pretty fast so I had to evolve once more. It will ALWAYS be useful to have mastered (or learned) past styles because the ability to switch styles is important, especially since certain styles are more emphasized based on the MU. I can, say, go passive for a short time on DK and then be aggressive with momentum for a LONG time once I get started, but for MK, it's the opposite.

Blargh. Incoherent posts and stuff.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Did your team win?

I remember once I did an in state crew battle and took 7 stocks off as yoshi. Best part, 3 were from a toon link, 3 were a wolf, and 1 was MK. Felt sooo gooood, but ive never done near that good every since xD

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
No Gashi we actually lost. It's actually kinda funny though. We had 6 people left they had 1 which was Pwii. (18 stocks to 3) Anti went up and lost first stock. Then he accidentally side B'd off the stage and got gimped. Anti lost but managed to take one stock. Then 3 people went up who couldnt even take 1 stock away(One of them was John12346 o_o). 5th person up took a stock. 6th person (Sama a luigi main) almost took the last stock away with an Up B but didn't and we lost. Final count 0-1.

And yeah Delta, Vinnies smashfest. I played Keitaro(2), Nuke(3), and some peach guy i forgot the name of (1)

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
I used to practice, got DR and Ledge DR down, had all my Grab release stuff down, then i got bored of the game cause all i could play is wifi and i can't apply any of that stuff on wifi.

Top Bottom