• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Game Fest VII - PREREG IS UP - Free Tournament with $1500 in Prizes

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Lucky played amazingly this tournament. Pretty much all the top 8 matches were recorded.

160 entrants for Melee
102 entrants for Brawl

There were a couple technical issues that kept stream from going up on day 2, and the twitter version of tio decided to not work. My apologies there.

EDIT:

Melee Doubles:
1. S2J + Lovage
2. Fly + Zhu
3. Eddy Mexico + Baka
4. Little Fumi + Zen
5. Me + Wobbles
5. Westballz + Sung

Brawl Singles:
1. Rich Brown
2. Mike Haze
3. Havok
4. Tearbear

Brawl Doubles:
1. Havok + Tearbear
2. Mike Haze + Rich Brown
3. Zekey + Paper

LLDL

Smash Hero
WestBallz is falco.

You might be thinking of Wes, the samus player.

Jun.

Smash Lord
It was a free tourney so not a ridiculous amount but the winners still took home a few hundred i believe.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i'm upset cause i was told lovage, johnny, and lucky were going home sat night

i might have stayed to play had i known they were gonna play too

LuCKy

Smash Master
might possibly have been ive played in tournament in about a year looool cant wait for vids :] been a while since i got to watch my fox get off

johnny ***** though, no matter how good i was playing i couldnt keep a lead on him at all

n westballz is amazing lol dude needs to come play with norwalk a couple times n he'd be ****** at nationals

n oscar you wouldnt have beaten me lol

but anyways SWWEEEEEEET tourney

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Thanks for hosting
Good tournament, awesome stuff
Can you please upload bracket?

Omfg I am definitely a fanboy Bizzaro, you are sooo hilarious I'm STILL LAUGHING at the stomp joke! Gj Wes for getting 3rd I'm really impressed. I'm still getting shine spiked like taking candy from a paralyzed baby. Lol Dante that's so funny hahaha! Lovage and Zhu utterly ***** me. Gj to Vogue who beat me in pools I got outplayed. Tsk tsk crimson you finally have your controller and yet... :( Baka man, you choked so hard and I think this happened before too also ggs. Eddy you are one of the coolest funniest nicest guys ever LETSA GO gun fingers. Thx Fly for the advice and other melee/mental wisdom. Ggs to everyone else.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Not my best tourney, but I'll always soldier on regardless of how badly I get wrecked. Shout-outs now since I have a feeling that I'll be too lazy to do them by the time the results thread goes up:

-Lucky: You manage stay ridiculously after not going to an event for sixth months. I am confused and a little envious. In any case, I look forward to our future sets.

-S2J: Consistently good as always. Nice job beating a ton of very strong players, as per usual, and also good **** giving me the business in doubles.

-Lovage: Pretty much the same as S2J's shout-out, lol

-Westballz: Great job today. I can't wait to see whatever rounds of yours were recorded.

-Zhu: Thanks for carrying me in doubles and performing well. It's cool to see that you're getting better against ICs.

-Wobbles: In spite of your dissatisfaction with your performance, you actually did pretty damn well results-wise. You had some really good wins and your losses were to excellent players. If you find yourself getting upset over consistency issues, it couldn't hurt to remind yourself of how your off-point play is much, much better than the best play of a vast majority of the smash scene. In any case, I hope you can keep your spirits up and persevere.

-Eddy: It's always a pleasure playing and seeing you. Very nice work this tourney!

-Bizzarro Flame: You're a great player and a swell guy. ggs

-Zen and Little Fumi: You two are good! You should travel more often.

-Pat: Fun seeing you as always. I enjoyed talking to you, Wobbles, and S2J Saturday night.

-Baka4moe and Dan: Going to dinner as the tourney was ending with you guys was fun.

-Matt: Thanks for the ride to the tourney and nice seeing you, as usual.

-Yuta: Thanks very much for the housing! Your games with Spencer were strange.

-Kirbyraeg: Congrats getting first seed in Mango's pool. Too good.

-Anto: You beat a couple very solid players who have been playing much longer than you have. You've progressed a lot over the past year!

-Sung's car: Thanks for the ride back! The conversation on the way back was very enjoyable.

-Combofest: Don't stress over your losses too much. Just think about what went wrong and soldier on.

-McCain: It's nice to see you're at least somewhat back into Melee.

-Norcal: Nice seeing you guys, although you only stayed for half of the tourney.

Sunny: You're really good; you just take too many unnecessary risks against ICs. I don't think it should be that hard for you to get the gist of the match-up; just bug Pat to play you for a while.

Bimbo: Pretty much the same shout-out as Sunny's, although unfortunately I don't think you have any local ICs to drill on.

All of you other guys whom I am forgetting: Thanks for showing up; the attendance was way better than I thought it would be.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Who got 7/8?
tied for 7th iirc were bizzaro flame and eddie mexico

shoutouts later maybe when a results thread/post is up, soo many people. few quick ones though, fun tourney thanks to ky and pat and all who helped run the events, thanks to eddie i had fun teaming with you like the last wgf, fly for the fun conversations right back at ya, and peligro for the ride!

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Thanks for coming everyone, I'll do shoutouts when I have a bit more time.

Knee.of.Ky has the tio file, so I'll have to bug him to send it to me. I'll post the brackets up ASAP.

D

Deleted member

shoutouts:

Firstly, thank you for hosting this good tournament. I'm happy we decided to stay instead of leaving.

Pat: even though it wasn't your responsibility, good stuff whenever you did help out

Lucky: good **** ****** me when I was playing GOOD. This is the joey I always wanted. Socal tourneys have been so boring for the past half a year. Never had this much fun getting manhandled

Also, I know you sandbagged me in Grand Finals after you were up 2-0. Thanks for saving my reputation but next time just p00n me loool. i don't mind.

Wobbles: Thanks for making the drive here. I pretty much echo what Fly says. You are a cool guy to hang out with and chatting with the 3 icies on saturday night was pretty cool. My advice to you which I already told you is to work on making your B-game so **** that you don't need your A-game to win tourneys. A lot of the time I'm not in the mood to play/ playing sorta bad but I don't let things get to me and just work accordingly to my current strengths.

I sincerely feel that my win is not very legit vs you at all. Next time I play you hopefully its when you are playing your best. The competition and the thrill of facing someone who is close to your level/ better than you is why I play.

everyone else, you guys are homeys that already know what I would say

==

I realize SD probably isn't that into Melee as a whole, but I feel there is still a lot of latent potential. It seems though you guys don't care much. that's a shame.

Sunny: in my opinion, best player skill/potential wise in UCSD. At least vs. Falcon you play very intelligently.

Jesse: people say you have the best results in S.D, but your Falco suffers from being way too safe during shield pressure + you have some bad habits that I caught you repeatedly.

To be more specific, when shield pressuring me and putting ME in a bad spot, you are more concerned with protecting yourself when it's you who has to be the aggressor/reader. I see you take no risks/gambles during shield pressures that Westballz would take. Same problem I see with Stabbedbyanipple and Sung.

Your current style will beat noobs consistently, but vs better players you must go for reads/ take risks when its time to be aggressive. Otherwise, I can just roll away and know I'm always safe since you are concerned with your own safety

Nevertheless, I'm still pleased to see that S.D. has a good falco. You and Sunny will always be champs in my hearts for ****** Baka. Just sincerely wish you guys played more so you can keep rapin Baka and help take him off the PR for good.

v@gue- sadly we didn't play enough. But still saw a lot of potential in the matches we did have.

Xen(sp?)/ Little Fumi- pretty impressed by you guys in teams