• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Game Fest VII - PREREG IS UP - Free Tournament with $1500 in Prizes

Jun.

Smash Lord
Did I just read that correctly?

Pat and Wobbles are teaming?

AND YES free play will start in the ballroom today. As Pat already said BRING SETUPS STARTING TODAY. I'm assuming it'll be a lot like last year when people start flocking in to get ready for tomorrow.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Ugh. Well looks like my car has decided I won't be going after all.

Dunno if I want to make a 6 hour drive with brakes that have good odds of suddenly deciding not to work.

edit: screw it, paying for brake repairs and driving tonight

my # is 214-549-8486

If you want to house me, please text me. Tonight would be good, before I sleep in my car.

Jun.

Smash Lord
worst comes to worst, we usually just stay at the lodge all night playing and/or undergoing debauchery. Just try and bring a sleeping bag or something

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I know it's been said but I can't stress this enough.

BRING SET UPS

The only thing that has held this event back in years past has been a lack of set ups. I know that ninety percent of you guys have a TV and a game cube/Wii. So why not help everyone out and just bring it? don't take on the mind set that plenty of people are bringing equipment so we probably don't need your stuff. Too many people take on this thought and that's how tournaments end up being colossal failures. A tournament can never have to many setups. When's the last time you've heard people complain that there were too many TVs and too many friendlies at a tournament? That's right, never. So if you have equipment and you're I on the fence whether or not to bring it, here's what you do. Bring your equipment.

that's my quick shpeel, sorry to beat a dead horse, but it is extremely important that we get as much help from the community as possible.

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
I know it's been said but I can't stress this enough.

BRING SET UPS

The only thing that has held this event back in years past has been a lack of set ups. I know that ninety percent of you guys have a TV and a game cube/Wii. So why not help everyone out and just bring it? don't take on the mind set that plenty of people are bringing equipment so we probably don't need your stuff. Too many people take on this thought and that's how tournaments end up being colossal failures. A tournament can never have to many setups. When's the last time you've heard people complain that there were too many TVs and too many friendlies at a tournament? That's right, never. So if you have equipment and you're I on the fence whether or not to bring it, here's what you do. Bring your equipment.

that's my quick shpeel, sorry to beat a dead horse, but it is extremely important that we get as much help from the community as possible.
Lol bystander effect, even occurs at a small smashfest...I hosted one with like 13 people and I specifically said to bring GCs because I had 2 TVs but only one setup, guess what. In the end, 4 TVs, but only 3 setups that means only 2 people out of the 13 brought a GC. Sounds funny, but it's not.

Also is parking free?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Is the lodge on campus? I will be the doofus walking around with a duffel bag, ASU sweater, and confused expression.

:phone:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Ill bring a setup for Sunday, Saturday is no go for me.

Lovage still needs a laptop for the league tournament on Sunday, if someone could lend us theirs we would be eternally grateful, I assure you no harm would be done to it :)

Jun.

Smash Lord
Is the lodge on campus? I will be the doofus walking around with a duffel bag, ASU sweater, and confused expression.

Yep the lodge is on campus. Fairly close to the venue too. Chances are, you'll be parking in the lot very close to the lodge anyways. (the lodge is where Pat's House was).

Jun.

Smash Lord
If everything works out, Melee should have a stream up not sure about brawl. Box Arena will most likely be streaming independently also.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
Germ is going to win.
GF will be Hella vs The germ
3th place will be Boback after he wobbles drunk mango and brohigh hugo
4rd place will be drunk Mango

Merkuri

Smash Lord
If everything works out, Melee should have a stream up not sure about brawl. Box Arena will most likely be streaming independently also.
Could please link me to the page that the livestream will be at?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Does anyone have room for housing? There's been a hitch in my plan and if I don't have housing, I will more than likely not be able to make it.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Any word on parking? Where do I park? Is it free? This is my first time going to WGF where I didn't get a ride from someone else, lol.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Is it too late to bring a TV over to the ballroom or lodge right now? I'd bring it tomorrow, but I may have a full carpool with me, and it doesn't fit in my trunk.

Thanks for the help! <3

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
First off I'd like to thank Knee.of.Ky and BearJew for making this the first WGF (ever?) that I didn't have to run.

To those at home, we'll try and get a better stream set up tomorrow for the matches that matter.

Also, Brawlers please bring set ups. We had 22 melee set ups and 4 Brawl set ups. It'll help the bracket run around way more smoothly.

Jun.

Smash Lord
My apologies for the stream being lackluster. But it is a bit difficult to put high profile pools matches on the stream when a designated table/setup is used for a specific pool. It would require a bunch of movement on the players moving away from their designated area which slows down the tournament. Tomorrow however like Azn_lep mentioned, we will do our best to put high profile matches on the live stream.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Are you using a different link for the livestream or has it just not begun yet?

Top Bottom