• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Game Fest VII - PREREG IS UP - Free Tournament with $1500 in Prizes

Morin0

Smash Lord
Hey guys, registration for WGF is now up.

http://wgf12.sctechcomm.org

Are we supposed to put our Smash tag on "Team Name" even though you were signing up for singles? 'Cause I signed up for Melee singles already and Halo: CEA but I left that box next to "Team Name" blank. It seems more appropriate for the doubles events so I'm not sure what's going on. Can you add your Smash tag at the venue? Possibly Friday since it says registration on Friday's schedule?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I would be more than happy to play with a fellow local player. Where are you located? It could turn out to be difficult if you are to far, as I am not allowed to drive lol
I live pretty close to the La Mirada 7 (best theater ever!). If those Long Beach tourneys come up again we can totally split gas moneys. ^_^

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
baka you can register at the door, but there's a 128 man cap. So if the pre-reg hits or exceeds that number, you're going to have to hope for no-shows to get a spot in the tourny.

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
I live pretty close to the La Mirada 7 (best theater ever!). If those Long Beach tourneys come up again we can totally split gas moneys. ^_^
What Long Beach tourneys are you talking about exactly? But I am more than willing to split gas money if you ever give me a lift.

Also if you ever want to play, just shoot me a PM

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Oh McCain, LoL is going to be on Sunday (so during brackets). It's supposed to take up pretty much the entire day, but like smash I'm sure there's going to be lots of downtime. As far as accommodating matches to pair up favorably, I wouldn't count on it. I'll do what I can from the smash sides of things, but if entering both events is seriously bogging down either tournament, you're probably going to get DQ'd from one.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Looks like ill be there for Sunday, does anyone want to house me Saturday night so I can just drive down after work?

:phone:

baka4moé

Smash Champion
baka you can register at the door, but there's a 128 man cap. So if the pre-reg hits or exceeds that number, you're going to have to hope for no-shows to get a spot in the tourny.
all right thanks pat. i jut went ahead and pre-registered anyway haha. it seems this will be reasonably big, dunno if itll reach the cap tho

-QuesoKirby-

Banned via Warnings
Anyone looking to enter might as well play it safe and pre-reg now to get it over with! Only takes a minute of your time and ensures you'll get a place in the competition!

Morin0

Smash Lord
Will teams be confirmed by the following?

X player added Y player's name in doubles

Y player added X player's name in doubles

Just checking; don't want to lose my spot

EDIT: There seems to be no way of revising events you signed up for or the ability to withdraw from events. Who do we contact to make these changes?

MacD

Banned via Administration
Oh McCain, LoL is going to be on Sunday (so during brackets). It's supposed to take up pretty much the entire day, but like smash I'm sure there's going to be lots of downtime. As far as accommodating matches to pair up favorably, I wouldn't count on it. I'll do what I can from the smash sides of things, but if entering both events is seriously bogging down either tournament, you're probably going to get DQ'd from one.
ok thanks dude. figured as much

we'll probably enter both but make LoL a priority assuming we are winning haha

probably would be easy to do it early but the later in bracket the more impossible for both since all LoL games can go on at the same time and probably will always be going :ohwell:

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
I'm signing up for League, Melee, and Brawl.

I need a team for League(message me or add me on pvp.net!). If I don't get a team, should I just show up the day of? Or should I still sign up on the WGF page and leave the rest of the spots empty?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I have the weekend off work.

I'll need to find carpool bros but maybe.... maybe I could come to this.

Jun.

Smash Lord
we'll probably enter both but make LoL a priority assuming we are winning haha
Not trying to be a buzzkill, but if WGF follows the past trends from Dota, a non-pro team trying to win either LoL or SC2 is similar to a no-name melee player saying he is going to win melee.

I still remember to this day the faces of all my teammates for dota (which included pretty notable DXD players from back in the day) ended up facing up against the former x6 team (transferred to EG now?) and then the next year against Milkfat's team/EG.Demon's team.

That is unless of course pro teams are banned from LoL for some reason in which case you would have to worry about UCSD players which imo won't be easy easy seeing as how UCSD is a school full of Asian kids sitting at their computers instead of going out (fact).

MacD

Banned via Administration
yea, i've heard about that for the other games. we aren't really sure of any LoL teams that might go to that (i heard one good one might go but idk)

we'll see what happens!

we are mainly doing the tourney for fun and see how it goes, but never gonna count out winning.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Yeah good luck!

Just didn't want you guys to completely bank on winning or something and not focus on the Melee side (which you guys probably will win lol)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Not trying to be a buzzkill, but if WGF follows the past trends from Dota, a non-pro team trying to win either LoL or SC2 is similar to a no-name melee player saying he is going to win melee.

I still remember to this day the faces of all my teammates for dota (which included pretty notable DXD players from back in the day) ended up facing up against the former x6 team (transferred to EG now?) and then the next year against Milkfat's team/EG.Demon's team.

That is unless of course pro teams are banned from LoL for some reason in which case you would have to worry about UCSD players which imo won't be easy easy seeing as how UCSD is a school full of Asian kids sitting at their computers instead of going out (fact).
i dont think any pro teams actually live out here, neither do i think any would actually fly out for such a meager first prize (compared to other huge league tournaments)

only people i would be worried about are ucsd plat arranged 5s, but even so, im confident enough in my own skills to outplay others

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
The members from pro teams that live in Cali mostly reside in Norcal, not to mention the prize money is very meager for them to even contemplate coming down to SD.

Of course there could be some riot members going if they have the day off, but that also doesnt seem very plausible.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
one posted in the league forum saying he was going to go, plus riot is adding their usual prize package as well

want my triumphant ryze

-QuesoKirby-

Banned via Warnings
SWEET JESUS OLD MAN GREY IS GOING TO THIS???

Dude, we still haven't had our money match from Genesis 2! We gotta play each other, it's gonna be so sick to finally meet you. :)

Knee.of.Ky

Smash Apprentice
For people thinking of entering multiple tournaments, you probably won't have the time to play in all of them (timewise).

ALL pc games (LoL/SC2) will most likely take up the whole day they are run.
ALL console games (GoW3, CoD, MVC3, Halo, SF4, Smash) will take up half the day, due to all the downtime between matches.

here is a link to the WGF site : http://sctechcomm.org/
schedule: http://www.sctechcomm.org/schedule2012

make sure to note,
1. PC games are held in Ballroom East, Console games are held in Ballroom West. It is not easy to juggle between the two rooms.
2. Mandatory check-in for all tournaments begins 10:00AM on both Saturday and Sunday
e.g. if you are signed up for any smash tournament, you need to check-in in person on saturday to confirm you are present, your spot will be given to the next person on the entry list.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
^ how long do we have to check-in before a spot is lost? like near when the tourney starts? the reason im asking is cuz some of us will be leaving saturday morning and would like to have a time window

Top Bottom