• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Game Fest VII - PREREG IS UP - Free Tournament with $1500 in Prizes

soju

SD God
Do we have to come and check-in friday? Because I know it's only friendlies, but I don't want to drive back and forth to Sacramento 3 days straight if I only have to do it twice.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I wouldn't recommend that you drive back and forth to Sacramento any more than once. It's a 7 hour drive haha.

The check-in details are listed in the OP. I'll save you some time though. No you do not have to be there on Friday, but you must be there by Saturday before 10:30AM for Doubles, and before 12:30PM for Singles.

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Do we have to come and check-in friday? Because I know it's only friendlies, but I don't want to drive back and forth to Sacramento 3 days straight if I only have to do it twice.
Woah, seriously? That's intense.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
It's probably a lot more worth it to just stay at a hotel or something! Or maybe some SD ppl can give u a hand?

soju

SD God
oh snap, i made a mistake XDDDDD i meant to say san diego, i lived in both norcal and socal so i always get the locations messed up, i only have an hour drive but thanks for answering the question

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
A few things:

1) for singles it still says team name. Is that going to be the name they call me under?

2) Melee doubles teammate, anybody?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
1) Well it auto-filled my last name on the browser for some reason, probably because it starts with W. So... keep that in mind for seeding.
2) Hopefully you are right, and I get a volunteer before the registration ends lol.
3) I think I may end up driving alone. Is there a list of people to contact for potential housing? I'm coming from AZ so the more easterly the better it would be for me.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
SWEET JESUS OLD MAN GREY IS GOING TO THIS???

Dude, we still haven't had our money match from Genesis 2! We gotta play each other, it's gonna be so sick to finally meet you. :)
I'm not saying 100% for sure but it seems more than likely.

Of course, I'm sure we'll have the chance to play friendlies. Likewise. :glare:

Jun.

Smash Lord
I'm constantly surprised at the lengths people go to play this game!

Especially considering driving back and forth from Sac lol

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Will teams be confirmed by the following?

X player added Y player's name in doubles

Y player added X player's name in doubles
my partner added me, but i didn't add him yet. however, it says that I'm signed up for doubles. (is there any way to check my teammate?)

i'm pretty sure there won't be any problems. but just asking ahead of time if this is okay.

Lovage

Smash Hero
edit: why the **** is this a 2 day tourny LOL

we shooooould just knock it all out saturday night (easy) or else i prolly can't go/enter

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Lovage: Sorry man, it's been a 2 day event for like 5 years
Ouija: Your brother can just pre-register online and then show up on Saturday.

MacD

Banned via Administration
yo SD/irvine/whatever peeps, anyone got a computer lovage could borrow for the league tourney on sunday?

his desktop isn't easily movable but we really wanna enter. he'll be extra careful and stuff and we could give it back to you/put it in the car right after we finish!

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I will just bet on doubles with random bystanders then.

Looks like I'm coming alone, sometime tomorrow: what is my best bet for housing?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Okay. What name are you under on the website?

I'll probably play my Mario or Sheik or something, if it comes down to it. Double ICs isn't actually as fun as it sounds ;_; it's mostly "NANA WHAT ARE YOU DOING **** YOU AREN'T MY NANA"

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Secondaries sound good too. I'll take care of the registration.

Gentle reminder to everyone.

BRING SETUPS!

I cannot stress this enough. This entire tournament is being put on for free with only the resources of the staff that's running it + some equipment I've accumulated over the years. We are going to need as much help as the community can provide.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Well I guess we can get everything sorted out at the table or whatever.

FREALZ THOUGH, I HAVE NOWHERE TO STAY YET.

Top Bottom