• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah, 10am EST in New York City. There will be a live stream of it.

:phone:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Japan stream is over. The Wii U has two different models announced. Basic has 8 GB while Premium has 32 GB.

It's releasing on the 8th of December in Japan. The price is 25,000 yen and 30,000 yen.
It's hard to say what the price will exactly be here. It could even be as low as 250 USD for the base price best case scenario.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ Japan gets the short end of the stick. XD [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]☯ I'm glad the premium Wii is $350, I was worried it would be more than $400. ^_^; [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I'm kind of disappointed that the premium Wii U only has 32 gb of memory. The Xbox 360's best console has 320 gb and the best Playstation 3 also has 320 gb.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Wii U ["important"] information from today's Nintendo Direct:

Release date - Sunday, November 18th (2012)

Basic set - 8GB [White console, $299.99]

Deluxe set - 32GB [Black console, $349.99 with extra included features such as Nintendo Land, etc.]

Nintendo TVii - Included entertainment hubs such as television, movies, etc, with a few (optional) interactive perks

Bayonetta 2 announced as a current exclusive for Wii U (same creators of the first), published by Nintendo

Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate announced for American release on Wii U and 3DS

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 announced for Wii U, with a live demo shown (no surprise); If you play online on the same console with a friend, instead of split-screen, one can play on the full TV screen, and the other separate on the gamepad screen

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I think I'm going to wait... lol. Nice to hear about Bayonetta 2 and MonHon Ultimate. Was hoping for DQX localization announcement.
The games on launch day still haven't been finalized, but a lot of games don't interest me at the moment.

While graphics aren't always the main thing I look for, I'm a bit disappointed on the power that's been shown so far.

On another note, glad to hear Iwata stating that the Xenoblade team is working on something for the Wii U.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
While I still can't help but feel that it's still behind the PS3 and 360 on a few things, I'm feeling much better about the Wii U overall. Quite a few of those launch games have my eye as well, but I do wish that they announced at least one non-launch window game.

Definitely am going for the bundle, but doubt I'll get one within their given launch window though. College. :p

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Definite pre-order for me. It's also worth noting that both packages come with HDMI cables which is nice.
I'm going to skip out on a few 3DS game purchases but I hope it'll be worth it.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Is it only the black console that is the deluxe model, and the white the basic, or are they going to have a deluxe and basic model of each colour? Because I'm not too keen on the black model in all honesty, but I'd obviously prefer to go for the deluxe model.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ Now the only question I want to know will it be region free, (probably not, lol) and how will adding friends work. [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

Minato

穏やかじゃない
[FONT=&quot]☯ Now the only question I want to know will it be region free, (probably not, lol) and how will adding friends work. [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]
After 3DS, I'm not expecting any region free stuff from Nintendo anymore. :(

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Seems like solid pricing and what you get for it. My only issue is storage space. I'm assuming games will not have some sort of pre-install, and game data won't be big. However, if they decide to release GC games onto their Nintendo store or just allow Wii U games to be downloadable later on...well it's gonna get a bit tough.

Time to pre-order so I can sell it off for more money :troll:

Thino

Smash Master
honestly I'm really fine with the basic set that has 8GB, because it seems that, once again Ninten will not be really that much DLC/digital oriented or have a whole load of patches for their games

I might be wrong tho so I'll still wait for games but I'm satisfied with that basic set's price

theeboredone

Smash Legend
They already allow NES (and GBA?) games to be downloaded on the 3DS. It's a good money grab, and it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to release Indie, DLC, or re=releases on the Nintendo Store.

Hopefully the system will allow you to convert portable drive memory into system memory like the Xbox 360 does. It would defenitely help remedy the memory issue. Besides that the pricing is good, but like when the 3DS came out, I just don't care about it. Maybe it's from a lifestyle change or the fact that I realize how expensive games are, then again I still buy them so that's hardly the case. I just can't get excited about Nintendo's system. I just can't help but feel that developers are gonna jump ship as soon as the next Microft and Sony systems are revealed, then Nintendo will just get slightly modified sloppy seconds of 360 and PS3 games. I openly invite Nintendo to prove me wrong but being a life long Nintendo fan and NOT being interested in the 3DS or Wii U (besides for Smash Bros.) makes me worry. Nintendo used to be the only company that made games that excited me outside a few other games; I want that feeling back. Prove me wrong and get on that ****ing hype train Nintendo.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That's my concern also for the Wii U. Really happy they got Bayonetta and those other 3rd party games...but I'm holding my breath to see what happens with PS4 and 720.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I'm kind of disappointed that the premium Wii U only has 32 gb of memory. The Xbox 360's best console has 320 gb and the best Playstation 3 also has 320 gb.
Yeah, but you can always plug in a 1TB external hard drive for your memory. XD

I just want to know how much a new Wii U gamepad will go for. My guess is somewhere between $60-100.

Also, Monster Hunter for Wii U and 3DS?! Yes!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just want to know how much a new Wii U gamepad will go for. My guess is somewhere between $60-100.
Oh right. They gave a price for the gamepad for Japan, but not for the US. The Japanese price was just shy of half the price of the basic Wii U. If that applies here, it'll be 150 dollars.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Oh right. They gave a price for the gamepad for Japan, but not for the US. The Japanese price was just shy of half the price of the basic Wii U. If that applies here, it'll be 150 dollars.
Damn. I now know what I'm not gonna get anytime soon.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
i havent been paying attention to the wiiU at all so I have a question, if ppl know the answer already

is the online stuff going to be free or would you need a paid subscription like xbox live?

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Alright cool, I might get the wiiu after all. The next months are gonna be heavy on my wallet with RE6, BLops 2, renewing my live subscription, and possibly wiiu deluxe

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Yeah, but you can always plug in a 1TB external hard drive for your memory. XD

Also, Monster Hunter for Wii U and 3DS?! Yes!

That's true, but I don't see it as a good excuse to put barely any internal memory into the console.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's honestly a weak excuse. It's one thing to buy a flash drive for storage convenience, but having an external HD sitting next to the Wii U just looks silly. I will say this, I have had to delete a bunch of game data on my 80GB PS3 to open room for downloadable games. So 32...let alone 8 will become an issue.

They are banking on the fact that not many people are going to need more than 32GB, which maybe true if you're a soccer mom. I hope Nintendo plans to make their own HD or USB stick to recoup some lost profit.

Nintendo always likes to sale at a profit minus the price drop on the 3DS...so adding more internal space may have bumped up the price 50 dollars for each model.

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't plan on picking up a Wii U for at least a year. Give it time for good games to come out. Otherwise you're just stuck buying crappy games or buying games you could just as easily get on a PS360 just for the sake of having something to play so your new console doesn't feel like a waste of money.

That, and I'm waiting for more storage space.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
i would rather an external hd than paying extra for more built in storage. harddrives are cheap nowadays and i kinda doubt im gonna even fill what the system comes with.
waiting for them to put more storage in is dumb when there are usb slots

D

Deleted member

*sees Bayonetta 2.*

Wait, they actually have a game I'm interested in aside from Smash 4? Maybe I'll buy it before Smash 4 comes out.

Top Bottom