• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Ecks

Smash Lord
Bayonetta 2 is an exclusive? Well that came out of nowhere.

As for storage, I actually prefer using a HDD of my choosing, so that's great.

Overall, some nice stuff was shown. I probably won't be buying one till at least late 2013 though...

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233

theeboredone

Smash Legend
And what to all those customers that have theirs malfunction or possibly get a defect? Warranty covered? If so, they have a Wii U with no Gamepad, while waiting for another one to be shipped to them. Or are they implying that they are going to replace the whole console? Are they going to try and put a "refurbished" one into the "new" consoles or are they simply going to hand it back to you "repaired"?

Honestly, it's a good move, but stupid for the reason they supplied. The real truth behind it is the fact that Nintendo has had a hard time manufacturing these, and the supply chain is a bit narrowed. Also why only Japan is getting them as a separate buy for now. Never in the history of consoles have you seen a controller not be sold on day 1, due to "game limitations".

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
And what to all those customers that have theirs malfunction or possibly get a defect? Warranty covered? If so, they have a Wii U with no Gamepad, while waiting for another one to be shipped to them. Or are they implying that they are going to replace the whole console? Are they going to try and put a "refurbished" one into the "new" consoles or are they simply going to hand it back to you "repaired"?

Honestly, it's a good move, but stupid for the reason they supplied. The real truth behind it is the fact that Nintendo has had a hard time manufacturing these, and the supply chain is a bit narrowed. Also why only Japan is getting them as a separate buy for now. Never in the history of consoles have you seen a controller not be sold on day 1, due to "game limitations".
Unless they are confident enough that it will work. There will always be that rare case in which it malfunctions, but only a small percentage will be SOL on it.

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm just not taking it from GS simply because it's a first come first serve basis for pre-orders. Since I work at Best Buy, I'm just gonna see if they can hold one for me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My job has already confirmed how many wii-u's they are getting, but I don't know how many are regular or delux

Those are for black friday though

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If you haven't noticed, Amazon themselves do not sell the 3DS anymore. There was a big rift when the 3DS came out. I do not know the intricacies of it, and hardly anyone does. However, from general consensus, this is what is told...

Amazon was upset that all the 3DS they had were not selling (this was before the price drop). So they wanted Nintendo to either take some of the shipment back or Amazon wanted to sell the 3DS at a discounted price. Nintendo said no, so what Amazon started doing was that they started returning 3DS due to "minor defects". Of course, that is debatable to whether there were any or not.

But things just got really ugly between the companies. Third party retailers will sell the systems (usually for a higher price), but Amazon themselves do not sell Nintendo consoles.

More info can be found here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484863

Apparently Best Buy is sold out of Delux Wii U sets, but I call bull on that since for the longest getting a consol on launch from Best Buy was on a first come first serve basis. Anyone wanna shed some light on this?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It might be a pre-order first come first serve? That's how it is for the Iphone.

Edit: It's sold out online, not sure about local retailers.

Edit 2: Just pre-ordered one from Toys R Us. Total is 385 with tax and shipping. How much do you think I can resell it for?

I think it depends on how people value things when scarcity strikes. Since its during the holidays you can probably add about 30-50% of the overall system price + the price for overnight shipping since people will be desperate during the holiday season. Or you could just plane double it, and if it doesn't sell make a reasonable deduction and cut your losses.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gamestop is taunting me. I just got an e-mail saying "Pre-order the wii-u system now" showing a picture of the wii-u deluxe.

I actually went there today to see if there were any more to preorder

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It's crazy, 3 days and this thing is apparently sold out everywhere...except ToysRUs. I'm not expecting immediate delivery so it's going to be painful waiting for the Wii U while it's being shipped :(

I have to say Nintendo did a great job of making this go from "Wow this thing is cool" to "**** I have to get this."

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Ugh, I want this so bad now. I'm torn between what I should get for Christmas D: it would either be a new gaming laptop, a ps3, or a Wii U.

The tablet looks like lots of fun, and I can see it being so useful for RPGs. I hope they port FFXIV for the Wii U eventually.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Ugh, I want this so bad now. I'm torn between what I should get for Christmas D: it would either be a new gaming laptop, a ps3, or a Wii U.

The tablet looks like lots of fun, and I can see it being so useful for RPGs. I hope they port FFXIV for the Wii U eventually.
You should get the gaming laptop (though desktops are better since they can be upgraded). Plus with the Wii U being sold out (well for pre-orders I mean) you might as well wait.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Luckily for me, I see no reason to get the Wii U until SSB4. Unless something else comes along that merits me buying it. Also, who knows, maybe a nice little discount on the Wii U will be in place by the time SSB4 comes out.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
You should get the gaming laptop (though desktops are better since they can be upgraded). Plus with the Wii U being sold out (well for pre-orders I mean) you might as well wait.
I want a laptop because I'll be going to college after next year, and don't have a laptop currently. And with Windows 8 coming out there will probably be alot of good discounts on some nice Windows 7 ones.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I want a laptop because I'll be going to college after next year, and don't have a laptop currently. And with Windows 8 coming out there will probably be alot of good discounts on some nice Windows 7 ones.
Yeah thats a good idea. Plus I've heard mostly bad things about Windows 8 so Windows 7 is probably the safer way to go.

Anyway, so I've heard that all (or almost all not sure) Wii controllers can be used with Wii U. So it sounds like buying the Wii U Controller Pro is pointless when you can get a cheaper Classic Controller Pro. If I'm not mistaken they have pretty similar layouts and the CC Pro is only 20 dollars while the Wii U Controller Pro is 50 dollars.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I pre-ordered another one at Best Buy (local store). You guys should try walking/calling into the store and seeing if you can get it pre-ordered. It's different from pre-ordering it online.

Gonna be selling two. Holla at ya boy if you need one :troll:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Laptop. Helps out so much in college. Especially if you need to bring your laptop to school to work on a project or something.

For me, I'm waiting until March 2013 at the earliest to get one for Monster Hunter. =P. However, other games will need to come out (or scheduled to come out later that year) that interest me in that time frame for me to get it by then.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I think the wii-u is seeming pretty cool but no way in hell I'm preordering, let alone this early. I'm probably not going to buy it until there's a price drop

or until a 3D Mario

or until SSB

or until Zelda

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really hope they are working on this 3D Mario game.

The 3D Mario games have always been used to show the best the system has to offer.

Galaxy being more beautiful than a lot of high definition games and having such interesting gameplay.

Mario 64 setting the standard for all 3D platformers of that generation.

Except the gamecube game, which I never played...

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Personally, I think Sunshine was the most solid 3D Mario game out there. I love that game to death.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Sunshine was solid. Not really a blockbuster as Super Mario 64, but as stated, it polishes the gameplay of Mario 64 rather well. I just wish it had a little more variety in environments.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I found sites where you can still preorder the wii-u deluxe but you have to purchase it whole. Not sure if I want to do that at this time

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I think Kmart or Walmart had a deal where you HAD to get a bundle if you ordered it. It was:

1 Wii U (normal or deluxe)
1 game
1 Wiimotion Plus controller

I was fine being forced to buy a game, but I wasn't gonna buy another controller so I looked elsewhere.

Top Bottom