• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I would be hyped for Batman if I didn't already bought the GOTY edition of it when it was on sale last week.

:phone:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I haven't played City yet. I like Asylum, but I'm going to wait until the GotY edition drops in price.
Last week was an excellent week for Batman games as they were all $20 off in Gamestop's summer sale. I picked up AsylumGOTY for $10 and CityGOTY for $30.

So wait until November for the prices of CityGOTY to drop. That is what I believe will be the next price drop.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
I want to play Mass Effect 3. Never had the chance to play it on my Xbox 360. To be honest, I haven't had the time recently to play that much games lately, only Fifa 12 and a few other local multiplayer games. Latest single-player campaign that I played was Skyrim.

I picked up Batman Arkham City, not my cup of tea. I am getting interested more and more for Mass Effect 3, it seems like the type of game I would enjoy. I could get it now but I'll be patient and wait for the Wii U version, so I can know more about the story with the comic. :p

theeboredone

Smash Legend
When I got ME2 for the PS3, the comic didn't really help me much. I had to sort of piece together events and ask around. On top of that, you miss out on a lot of other key choices you can make in the game.

Since you have an Xbox, just buy ME1 and 2.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
When I got ME2 for the PS3, the comic didn't really help me much. I had to sort of piece together events and ask around. On top of that, you miss out on a lot of other key choices you can make in the game.

So the comics do miss out a few events in the story? I might try the first 2 games then. Let's see if it will be worth it. :)

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233

Yeah, it sucks that the 1st ME was a 360 thing only. Which makes the ME series as a whole a better experience on 360. Plus, it is actually better to play the game and experience everything for yourself instead of reading the comic.

finalark

SNORLAX
Get ME1 and ME2 for either PC or PS3. If story really matters that much to you then you'll get a hell of a lot more enjoyment out of ME3 if you import a character from ME1 and ME2.

finalark

SNORLAX
Hey, guys, here's some pretty unfortunate news:

http://kotaku.com/5936628/report-nintendo-power-shutting-down

After 24 years, Nintendo Power will be no more. I posted this in the 3DS thread for those who don't frequent this thread with
John2k4's permission.
I heard about this earlier today. I remember my parents usually got me a subscription to Nintendo Power when I was a kid. I have issues ranging from 2001-2006 sitting in my attic somewhere. Hopefully it will be revived as a website or something.

You will be missed, Nintendo Power.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I really enjoyed Nintendo Power, especially during the days of the SNES and N64; those articles and news for upcoming games, including Zelda 64 (Ocarina of Time), made everything so hype. Now, we have websites like Gametrailers that makes gaming magazines unnecessary, sad to say.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Yeah, I saw that earlier...

made me look through my drawers to find all my old NP magazines. I was subscribed for 2005-2008, and wow it's a real nostalgia rush even for that short amount of time ago. There are covers where the Wii is still the Revolution and there are previews for Brawl. Man...

finalark

SNORLAX
I've decided that I really want Nintendo to release HD collections for various GameCube titles when the Wii U comes out. I would gladly re-buy Wind Waker to play it in HD.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I've decided that I really want Nintendo to release HD collections for various GameCube titles when the Wii U comes out. I would gladly re-buy Wind Waker to play it in HD.
If it means anything, there was apparently some talk of releasing GameCube games on the Wii U Virtual Console. I guess we can hope that comes true.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I'm gonna wait till they release some special edition version of the Wii U. Kinda like how they made the special legend of zelda 3DS and the mario 3DS.

finalark

SNORLAX

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
So apparently Nov. 18 is when our dreams come true. Or your not-dreams if you don't want a WiiU I guess.
Not to be a pessimist, but anybody could claim the WiiU would be released exactly six years after its predecessor. Although with the GC and Wii both being released in November on a Sunday there is probably a grain of truth to it, an educated guess if you will.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Have fun finding one within the first few months of launch.
It's not hard. People are just dumb to not preorder it. If you preorder it at Gamestop, Best Buy, or anywhere else, they will hold one for you at least for 24 hours. All you have to do is wait for its announcement on any of those websites and make sure you got it preordered. Like I said, not hard at all.

Honestly, it's the people who fail to preorder that are continuously trying to find one after it releases. It's literally what happens with the Iphone every year.

And for insurance, I work part time at Best Buy. I'm sure I will have no problem getting one held for me.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I like at how people are saying Wii U is going to be hard to find for about a year. Its not.

It just doesn't have enough new games for it yet. (Talking about exclusives here.). Also add in the fact that the Wii left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths.

People do have a 360 and PS3 still, so I would expect a lot of people are going to play it safe.

Thino

Smash Master
I will still be waiting for games that interest me before buying it, no hurry

UNLESS good black friday deal

gotta love dem black friday deals

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I will still be waiting for games that interest me before buying it, no hurry

UNLESS good black friday deal

gotta love dem black friday deals
Assuming the Wii U cones out before Black Friday.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I like at how people are saying Wii U is going to be hard to find for about a year. Its not.

It just doesn't have enough new games for it yet. (Talking about exclusives here.). Also add in the fact that the Wii left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths.

People do have a 360 and PS3 still, so I would expect a lot of people are going to play it safe.

Maybe. I'd still be cautious. I don't think it will sell as well as the Wii, but I can still expect Soccer moms and what not to grab one, given it's a commodity they used for whatever months they had it for before throwing it in the attic.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Maybe. I'd still be cautious. I don't think it will sell as well as the Wii, but I can still expect Soccer moms and what not to grab one, given it's a commodity they used for whatever months they had it for before throwing it in the attic.
I will say that the Wii U will be sold out during the holiday season, but after that, unless some set of original, amazing games come out, I will say it will be easier to find.

The biggest problem with the Wii U is that the hardcore audience it is supposed to attract already have or will be getting most of the games on their 360s, PS3s, and PCs.

Another thing that is bothering me on Wii U is that they are not announcing any price for it or the date for when the console will be in stores. I mean, hard to get sold out prices when you have yet to make any mention of the important things.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Doesn't Nintendo always wait until their conference to announce the price though? I seem to recall the Wii doing that.

Also, given I work at BB, I decided to look up what an employee discount on Madden 13 would be. The Wii U retail price showed up as 70 lulz.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So some more news broke out about possible pricing on the Wii U. Three different versions listed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/04/report-new-potential-wii-u-release-details-appear

I'm guessing the order is:

No gamepad: 250
Gamepad: 300
Gamepad + Game(s): 350

And I honestly see no point in buying the first version if I'm right on it lol. I mean, a 3DS XL is 200 bucks, which sort of blurs the line between a bare bones Wii U and 3DS.

Top Bottom