• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder why they haven't been working on something the likes of Super Mario Galaxy for the wii-u.

It's usually what they show off for the power of their systems.

I think Nintendo are too focused on other company support rather than their own.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
They sort of did that with the 3DS, when they opted to not release any first party games from the get go. I think they are taking priorities and making them too extreme, when they should be looking for a good balance.

Though isn't the NSMB Wii U coming out on release? Also Pikmin? I think they could use one more game to come out sooner than later. I'd probably feel like Kirby or DK deserve some love, but wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being a Mario Kart or Party.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'd personally like to see a new Star Fox on the Wii U. And by that I mean new, not Star Fox 64 with a new title and different enemies. I want to see another Star Fox Assualt, only with improved ground combat.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I'm buying day one, but I really hope we get a DKCR sequel.

:phone:

Camelot said they'd love to work on an donkey Kong 64 sequel if Nintendo would allow them so I say why Nintendo why. They obviously have the resources and you trusted them to make a tennis game so just let them do it DK64 was my most played 64 game even more than smash bros . Mostly because of the story and the multiplayer which was awesome and full of so many memories of me killing my friends with diddy's peanut pop gun

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/05/camelot-wants-to-make-a-donkey-kong-64-sequel/#comments

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Well, how well did Star fox 64 3DS sell? Because I'm sure that Nintendo is using those sales figures to tell them that there is still a good enough fan base to make a new one.

:phone:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I'm getting a Wii U no matter what, but my top wanted games are

Smash 4

Starfox Wii U

F-zero Wii U

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I'd personally like to see a new Star Fox on the Wii U. And by that I mean new, not Star Fox 64 with a new title and different enemies. I want to see another Star Fox Assualt, only with improved ground combat.
I agree. Star Fox Assault was amazing. If they made sequel or something and improved the ground combat and added online multiplayer for the game, it would be great as long as they don't take away any time from the single player.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It'll be sold out within minutes of launch

I'll probably be working then

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
It'll be sold out no matter when or where they sell it, Nintendo has a history of understocking retailers just so they can say its sold out everywhere!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Of course, it's annoying as hell. It's just like that damn MSN or Yahoo annoying friend who keeps logging in and logging out all the time, and his stupid logging in notification keeps popping up all the goddamn time. Then I have to go to options and alter how the notifications appear.

I wish I could disable achievements in Steam, I looked and there's no such option. Not that I am aware of?

I'll try that later on my Xbox too. ;)
Achievements in steam are only useful to me for TF2 items :awesome:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Sweet mother of...if it were to start going on sale during Black Friday...bodies will be hitting the floor.

Given I'm a part time BB employee...perfect time to snag one and sell it on ebay or something :troll:

Ecks

Smash Lord
Last year's Black Friday I was willing to fight people for an OoT Edition 3DS. I barely got one because people are insane. I finally found one at like the fourth store I visited. There were two left!

They won't be able to look at the controller screen in my hands, but I sure can look at the TV while holding the controller. :awesome:

I hope the rumor of Wii games in the controller is true.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Last year's Black Friday I was willing to fight people for an OoT Edition 3DS. I barely got one because people are insane. I finally found one at like the fourth store I visited. There were two left!
Really? I remember going to Best Buy last year, and got there about 30 minutes before the store opened. The line was wrapped around the store, and no one was buying those Zelda OoT bundles xD. Had I known they were a LIMITED item, I would have purchased one and sold it later.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nintendo's system looks pretty awesome to me

Does that video game analyst guy actually look at the specs and stuff of the wii-u while he criticizes nintendo or what?

Ecks

Smash Lord
I haven't checked in like a month but as far as I know, specs aren't confirmed. Just ignore the guy.

Really? I remember going to Best Buy last year, and got there about 30 minutes before the store opened. The line was wrapped around the store, and no one was buying those Zelda OoT bundles xD. Had I known they were a LIMITED item, I would have purchased one and sold it later.
Well, my problem was that I got there over an hour after it opened. I wanted to get the thing, but I also wanted to sleep lol.

finalark

SNORLAX
WiiU Getting an achievement system

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/08/16/wii-u-to-have-achievement-system-called-wii-u-accomplishments/#comments

I don't like the name feels to much like Xbox achievements anyway thoughts?
As far as I'm concerned if you're going to have achievements you might as well call them what they are instead of hiding them by using an alternative name.

I've already stated my opinion on achievements but I'll say it again if only for the sake of discussion. Achievements themselves aren't bad, its when lazy devs decide to **** giving you anything to do after you've finished the game and tell you to do achievements if you want replay value.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
WiiU Getting an achievement system

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/08/16/wii-u-to-have-achievement-system-called-wii-u-accomplishments/#comments

I don't like the name feels to much like Xbox achievements anyway thoughts?
Well, we have been discussing about achievements in the previous posts. However, regarding its name, I think it's all right, nothing special or interesting, though.

I would love if it was named something like "Badges", and in fact, they had their own Icon for each different category. For example, if you are accomplishing things in a New Super Mario game, achievements that are related to star power or power-ups, their badges would look like a Star. For achievements related to collecting coins, the badges for said accomplishemnts should look like a Coin. Get all Star Coins? Then unlock the Star Coin Badge. Etc etc.

However, developers don't need to give each group of achievements a different badge icon, if they want to have a standard Badge model for their game. For example, Batman Arkhan City badges would all of them look like the Batman Logo.

If not badges, I would love to see medals or something else. I really think Nintendo could come with something creative. Other than that, I don't mind that much.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It seems like there is different rankings for achievements based on the trophies. I presume the rankings are (from easiest to hardest) bronze, silver, gold, and platinum.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The Last Story tomorrow! Came into Gamestop today thinking it was out today, thought it was moved back only two days, but whatevs. Excited to play it! Although, disappointed we don't get the limited edition... please let us have Pandora's Tower, and with the limited edition. O~O

Ecks

Smash Lord
Too bad they didn't go for a darker color. That baby blue is almost blinding.

As for achievements, I don't mind either way. Sometimes I feel like getting them, sometimes (most times) I don't.

When did yours open? Cause the ones in my area opened at midnight.
Yeah, midnight. I have no idea why there were so few of them left. Whatever the case, I got it. :p

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
They probably would've done that but they were afraid most people wouldn't differentiate it from wii because the average consumer isn't extremely educated on these type of things.

Ecks

Smash Lord
They probably would've done that but they were afraid most people wouldn't differentiate it from wii because the average consumer isn't extremely educated on these type of things.
Which leads us straight into the "WiiU is a terrible name" discussion...

This is probably the best they could do, given the name choice.

finalark

SNORLAX
It makes me sad when the Average customer can't figure out that different box art + different name = different console.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
It makes me sad when the Average customer can't figure out that different box art + different name = different console.
Kind of... Remember, the Wii U console looks just like the Wii! Yeah, sure it has a rounder corners and a few tweaks, but in essence, it looks just like the Wii!

Which makes me remember of this silly old joke: "What is the Wii U? Is it a new controller for the Wii?" Tsk tsk.

Top Bottom