• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm actually looking forward to the new Zelda game coming out this year. It'll actually make me want to power on and play my Wii.

A new Zelda game? I haven't even played twilight princess yet, does anyone reccommend me getting this game? I am a big RPG enthusiast and I recently got into Nintendo so yea....

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Red Steel 2, anyone going to see if this game is x10 epic than the first Red Steel when it comes out?

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style

A new Zelda game? I haven't even played twilight princess yet, does anyone reccommend me getting this game? I am a big RPG enthusiast and I recently got into Nintendo so yea....
It's actually a pretty good game.
Not one of the best but not the worse.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

It's a good game, but if you played the earlier games in the series there is very little new it brings to the table. Also, no Zelda games are RPGs.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
Red Steel 2, anyone going to see if this game is x10 epic than the first Red Steel when it comes out?
I didn't exactly think that red steel was very epic. it was painstakingly hard to navigate through that game, i have my hopes up for the sequel, i hope they fixed the game mechanics

Alzi

Smash Master
Games i'm definatly getting this year are:

Super mario galaxy 2
Zelda wii

Never got into metroid never will sorry guys just don't have enough time. :p Red steel 2 looks pretty cool but i'm guessing i will get bored of it and just never play it again.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Yup, I'm mostly getting it because I want a classic controller, but if the game is as fun as people say, I might stick around for a few months of online play.

D

Deleted member

@Dodongo: I heard the game was really, really good. Famitsu, a site notrious for harsh reviews, gave the game an perfect score, so rest assure that it'll be amazing.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Well, it seems that my Wii's fan has stopped working, which results in it overheating after half an hour of using it.

Normally, I'd send it to Nintendo, but since I use homebrew to play Brawl+, that option is out the window. However, I've heard of some external fans that can be bought at Gamestop, Wal-Mart, etc. Unfortunately, I've heard that they can harm your Wii in the long run =/

So does anybody know or suggest a fan or method of helping me cool off my Wii?

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Sometimes this happens to me
but it's very rare. Does it freeze randomly or only with specific parts of the game?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
My wii has always worked fine... hm. On options it glitches sometimes for no reason, wondered if you guys know why. Also, is there a GCN thread here? I searched but nada, playing bomberman generations at the moment and it's for the win XD.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I don't know about TvC, but brawl is dual-layer. Wii drive lenses seem to get dirty easily, especially if you are a smoker, and have extra trouble reading dl discs.

You can either take it apart and clean it yourself, or try one of these

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Well, it seems that my Wii's fan has stopped working, which results in it overheating after half an hour of using it.

Normally, I'd send it to Nintendo, but since I use homebrew to play Brawl+, that option is out the window. However, I've heard of some external fans that can be bought at Gamestop, Wal-Mart, etc. Unfortunately, I've heard that they can harm your Wii in the long run =/

So does anybody know or suggest a fan or method of helping me cool off my Wii?
I wish I was that intelligent. I got homebrew AFTER I started having this problem (not knowing it was illegal, my friend did it himself...) But yeah, I've been having the same problem for months. I emailed Nintendo with the problem, and they told me to read the FAQ. Not much help...
Make it stand up, like an I

Prop it up on something and have a fan behind it, pointed into the hole where the fan would be.
This may have helped save my Wii gameplay just now. Thanks for the advice. But is there any possible way that I can fix it otherwise?

UltraPuff

Smash Apprentice
The hinges for the cover on top of my Wii broke off... now I like to call my Wii bald. :bee:

On the plus side, the cover no longer gets in my way.

M.K

Level 55
FML.

Every disc I put into the Wii results in the same error message.
The two discs on the Disc Menu spin around, the screen goes black and says "An Error has occurred, please eject the disc, turn off the Wii, and refer to the Wii Manual for Troubleshooting".

I've tried blowing out the disc slot with a can of air. I'm leaving it unplugged for a while before starting again.
Any suggestions =(

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Did you have wii connect 24 on all the time? My wii only runs wiiconnect24 when it's on, and I've red if it's on 24/7 it can ruin it.

Or maybe it's blocked (= red ring of death I believe)

I don't know D= I've never had problems with a Nintendo Console (Nintendo never makes errors apparently)

TidusAce

Smash Rookie
Anyone played games from the NO MORE HEROES series? Its a must for Wii gamers =D

Sorry if this was mentioned before ;)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Q: How does one get the homebrew channel?
Sadly, it's against the rules to say how to get one, but I don't think it's against the rules to say... Google search. ^_^;

It shouldn't be hard as long as you follow the steps well.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Anyone played games from the NO MORE HEROES series? Its a must for Wii gamers =D

Sorry if this was mentioned before ;)
I have, and I love it. It certainly is one of my favorite 3rd party games for the Wii. I still haven't beaten it due to finals, but I'll finish it over the course of the summer. I'll definitely play the second one after I finish the first (obviously).

TidusAce

Smash Rookie
I have, and I love it. It certainly is one of my favorite 3rd party games for the Wii. I still haven't beaten it due to finals, but I'll finish it over the course of the summer. I'll definitely play the second one after I finish the first (obviously).
The gameplay for the second one was overall better than the first. But for some reason I find the first game a bit more enjoyable. This is because they took out the whole, "drive your bike around town thing" And switched it to just pick a destination And you're there. Took away alot of time from the game, but I'll just let you decide when you play it. I also heard they are releasing the first game for Xbox and PS3. Its already out for those systems in japan =o

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Activision GoldenEye game in November

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/activision-goldeneye-game-in-november

"Eurogamer has learned that Activision is working on a James Bond: GoldenEye title for Wii and DS that should be released this November.

The new title may be a remake of the classic Nintendo 64 first-person shooter, originally developed by Rare, and according to our source the publisher intends to unveil it at E3."

If it's the classic N64 version then I will cry tears of joy.

Top Bottom