• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
Activision GoldenEye game in November

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/activision-goldeneye-game-in-november

"Eurogamer has learned that Activision is working on a James Bond: GoldenEye title for Wii and DS that should be released this November.

The new title may be a remake of the classic Nintendo 64 first-person shooter, originally developed by Rare, and according to our source the publisher intends to unveil it at E3."

If it's the classic N64 version then I will cry tears of joy.
for the ds? oh man.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
You just offended millions of gamers like me. Goldeneye 007 is one of the best games of all time.
I'm gonna let you finish, but Perfect Dark was the best n64 game of all time.

Seriously though. I loved Goldeneye.

Is Pikmin worth getting? I want something to play a little while I'm on semester break.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm gonna let you finish, but Perfect Dark was the best n64 game of all time.

Seriously though. I loved Goldeneye.

Is Pikmin worth getting? I want something to play a little while I'm on semester break.
IMO, Pikmin is one of the best GC titles. Get Pikmin 2 though, it expanded on Pikmin 1 and made it x10 better.

Pikmin one you have to beat in 30 game days and is very stressful, short, and not all that fun imo. Pikmin 2 is unlimited time, lots more to do, etc. I'm anxious for Pikmin 3 so bad =/.

Also, I've realized... I'm getting a ps3 soon but I still would value my Wii over it. I think about all my favorite games and bar-FF I'm a Nintendo freak. D: Right now I'm playing SMG2/MPT/OoT on GC/ and Pokemon...

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I didn't enjoy Pikmin at all.

I found the game stressful because I didn't like my poor pikmins dying. I kept them all alive up to a big boss. Then this stupid boss did an instant kill attack and wiped out over half my army in the span of 2 seconds. So sad. :(

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Yeah I was leaning toward Pikmin 2 regardless. Thanks for the info Shimazu. Is it pretty linear?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Pikmin one is a straight line.

Pikmin 2 you can do so much more. and it's fairly hard, too. If you like strategy games that make you think on your feet it's really fun.

I'm quite angry at Nintendo for no Pikmin3 yet. They are working on it, slowly.... I'm anxious.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ So true. When I popped in SMG2 I was stunned. I lack high def TV too, so I can only imagine... Mario high def!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Haha, that video that he posted up was a fake

It says:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Activision Games Inc.

:laugh:

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Probably gonna go with SMG2 instead of Pikmin 2. It comes out in Australia a week into my holidays.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Good choice. SMG2 is a beast. I want Pikmin 3 to happen so bad, it'd be epic.

On the Pikmin note, I've realized how good Olimar is in Brawl lol.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That's why he's top tier boy.

Eh, Pikmin 3 sounds interesting. I've never played the games though, so I dunno if I should be more excited or not

Steven9wii

Smash Apprentice
virtual console arcade

what happened to it? i don't know where else to post this, so i thought here would be right.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Is there any timetable for a Wii port of Pikmin 2 (widescreen, using the remote)? The first Pikmin got a Wii version, which was very well executed, except for it seeming a bit easier (or was that just me?)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Is there any timetable for a Wii port of Pikmin 2 (widescreen, using the remote)? The first Pikmin got a Wii version, which was very well executed, except for it seeming a bit easier (or was that just me?)
Pikmin is a tactical game. The wii ports are TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE. Get the originals.

The best way I can describe Pikmin is a humorous army-owning game. You're the captain, lol.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
The first new one I bought had disc read errors, the second one I had glitched all the time. I know the first was a bad copy, but maybe the second one was also? I assumed it was just a glitchy game.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
Lol, I just beat Super Mario Galaxy. One. And I still haven't even played halfway through LoZ:TP.
I'm a bad Nintendo fan.

BSP

Smash Legend
Slow and steady wins the race. And, you get more fun out of the games :)

I borrowed TP, and I liked it...until I got to the water temple lol. Zelda games always do that to: I get into it, and then get to ONE thing that's frustrating and I just lose interest.

And no, I'm not a quitter. I plan on getting every star in galaxy 2, although it's gonna be difficult.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Slow and steady wins the race. And, you get more fun out of the games :)

I borrowed TP, and I liked it...until I got to the water temple lol. Zelda games always do that to: I get into it, and then get to ONE thing that's frustrating and I just lose interest.

And no, I'm not a quitter. I plan on getting every star in galaxy 2, although it's gonna be difficult.
Have fun on the last star :p

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Waaaaaaaaay too many good Wii games announced at E3, my poor Wii's gonna be worked to death with all the games coming up. I'll eventually have to get:

Kirby's Epic Yarn
Donkey Kong Country(is the ending 'Returns' or 'Origins'?)
Metroid the Other M
Sin and Punishment 2
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

And I haven't even started SMG2, I better start savin' up money....

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Waaaaaaaaay too many good Wii games announced at E3, my poor Wii's gonna be worked to death with all the games coming up. I'll eventually have to get:

Kirby's Epic Yarn
Donkey Kong Country(is the ending 'Returns' or 'Origins'?)
Metroid the Other M
Sin and Punishment 2
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

And I haven't even started SMG2, I better start savin' up money....
It is "Donkey Kong Country Returns".

Steven9wii

Smash Apprentice
wii number trading

trade with me!! and register. my number is 7972313912835732 please add'n'reply!!!!

UberMario

Smash Master
I'm not sure if this is old news are not, but Japan now is getting Virtual Console games that were originally only available for the Bandai Satellaview add-on for the SNES. (Starting with the Satellaview version of Shin Onigashima).

Just thought this would be interesting because originally there were for the Satellaview:
-a "beta" of Chrono Cross for the SNES (basically it's the characters from Chrono Cross (i.e. Kid), but the story had not been completely thought out yet, and the game was basically a text-based format (i.e. the game would ask what Kid would do next, and you'd chose an answer and see the consequences.))
-a F-Zero sequal and also a remake
-Mario Excitebike
-a SMB2 (USA) remake that involved collecting trophies and unlocking the characters one-by-one.
-a LoZ remake using SNES graphics (but with the Bandai Satellaview kid mascots replacing Link . . . . )
-a "sequal" to LoZ:AL2TP that involves the BS kid mascots involved in a role that occurs while Link is involved with the events in Link's Awakening (during the shipwreck, etc.)
-and 4 short Fire Emblem games that made short-lived appearances on the japanese sfc.

Also, there are less than 15 games available on the VC left that I will eventually download, but 40 that I can't get because they are only available in Japan's VC. ;_;

Want . . . . . . Metal Gear . . . . . 1 & 2 . . . and all of the Fire Emblem games . . . . .

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm not sure if this is old news are not, but Japan now is getting Virtual Console games that were originally only available for the Bandai Satellaview add-on for the SNES. (Starting with the Satellaview version of Shin Onigashima).

Just thought this would be interesting because originally there were for the Satellaview:
-a "beta" of Chrono Cross for the SNES (basically it's the characters from Chrono Cross (i.e. Kid), but the story had not been completely thought out yet, and the game was basically a text-based format (i.e. the game would ask what Kid would do next, and you'd chose an answer and see the consequences.))
-a F-Zero sequal and also a remake
-Mario Excitebike
-a SMB2 (USA) remake that involved collecting trophies and unlocking the characters one-by-one.
-a LoZ remake using SNES graphics (but with the Bandai Satellaview kid mascots replacing Link . . . . )
-a "sequal" to LoZ:AL2TP that involves the BS kid mascots involved in a role that occurs while Link is involved with the events in Link's Awakening (during the shipwreck, etc.)
-and 4 short Fire Emblem games that made short-lived appearances on the japanese sfc.

Also, there are less than 15 games available on the VC left that I will eventually download, but 40 that I can't get because they are only available in Japan's VC. ;_;

Want . . . . . . Metal Gear . . . . . 1 & 2 . . . and all of the Fire Emblem games . . . . .
How is BS Zelda gonna work? That one involved live broadcasts with announcers that gave you hints and objectives and stuff.

Steven9wii

Smash Apprentice
Would be pointless to add. Members can just look at your profile and see the friend codes there.
yes but i cant waste open space on my wii adress book just to see that a number has not been fully registered

UberMario

Smash Master
How is BS Zelda gonna work? That one involved live broadcasts with announcers that gave you hints and objectives and stuff.
Apparently it's just an announcer doing a "walkthrough guide" for new players so they can be able to get through enough of the game within the 1-hour limit during each session.

Besides, the Shin Onigashima remake was released and that originally had the Soundlink (broadcasts with announcers) support.

oh god yes please
Yeah I hope so too, there's actually a video of F-Zero 2 on Youtube.
(just for people that think it's a complete clone of the original or even a fake, though the wrapping fisheye effect is obviously not real because the status bar is warped with it)

pickle962

Smash Lord
I was playing rock band 2 on my wii last night and I went to the music store. I go there every once in a while to see what's been added. Nickelback has finally been added to the music store. Needlees to say, I'm pretty happy.(if only I had some wii points...)Oh,I also have some bad news regarding the music store...Miley Cyrus has been added too unfortunately:( Putting Lady GaGa on there is one thing, but putting someone only stupid schoolgirls like is just hell to the no Harmonix. I swear! if they dare add Justin Beiber to the music store, I'm gonna go over to where Harmonix is and shoot everyone. Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, and anyone else like them is a god**** disgrace to music.A GOD**** DISGRACE:mad::mad::mad:

UberMario

Smash Master
They need to be banned from video games forever, who the heck wants to rock to their music anyway?

inb4fanboys/girlsdo

Top Bottom