• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I was playing rock band 2 on my wii last night and I went to the music store. I go there every once in a while to see what's been added. Nickelback has finally been added to the music store. Needlees to say, I'm pretty happy.(if only I had some wii points...)Oh,I also have some bad news regarding the music store...Miley Cyrus has been added too unfortunately:( Putting Lady GaGa on there is one thing, but putting someone only stupid schoolgirls like is just hell to the no Harmonix. I swear! if they dare add Justin Beiber to the music store, I'm gonna go over to where Harmonix is and shoot everyone. Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, and anyone else like them is a god**** disgrace to music.A GOD**** DISGRACE:mad::mad::mad:
This post has won. Period.

God I hate those guys. At least they didnt add the jonas brothers *shudders in agony of the thought*

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Anyone play MadWorld? Very good game from SEGA. Very violent and funny lol

BlackLightning90

Smash Journeyman
I was playing rock band 2 on my wii last night and I went to the music store. I go there every once in a while to see what's been added. Nickelback has finally been added to the music store. Needlees to say, I'm pretty happy.(if only I had some wii points...)Oh,I also have some bad news regarding the music store...Miley Cyrus has been added too unfortunately:( Putting Lady GaGa on there is one thing, but putting someone only stupid schoolgirls like is just hell to the no Harmonix. I swear! if they dare add Justin Beiber to the music store, I'm gonna go over to where Harmonix is and shoot everyone. Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, and anyone else like them is a god**** disgrace to music.A GOD**** DISGRACE:mad::mad::mad:
I feel your pain, bro. :(

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Anyone play MadWorld? Very good game from SEGA. Very violent and funny lol
I was excited for MadWorld but when I bought it new and realized how horrendously repetitive and boring it was really fast. I really regretted buying it new. Buying used wouldn't be so bad but I thought the game pretty much sucked. It wasn't that funny either like I was hoping. There were some funny kills but that's not enough for a game to me. It had a dumb boring story and annoying commentators who say the same stupid **** over and over again.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Man, watching that F-zero2 link makes me wish they'd make a Wii F-Zero. That game is intense...

finalark

SNORLAX
Those franchises appeal to two different audiences. Mario Kart is like a party racing game. F-Zero is a more standard "competitive" racer. No reason not to have a new F-Zero really.
He's got a point. While Mario Kart is something I'd play with my little cousins F-Zero is something I'd play with my friend in a much more competitive sense (which we usually do every other weekend).

The only problem I'd see with a Wii F-Zero would be how difficult using motion control would be to steer (unless you held it on it's side, using the d-pad to steer and shaking the wii mote for boost or something). Either way, if they did put out a Wii F-Zero I'd hope that they'd get Sega to develop it again and that they'd let us use the classic and Game Cube controllers.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Speaking of racing games, I tried out ExciteBots (using my homebrew methods of a USB loader :p). Really good game. My brother seems to like it more than Mario Kart.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
So has anyone played Cursed Mountain? Just got and haven't played it yet cause we're in the middle of beating NSMBW but yeah, NWR gave it 8/10 and praised it as being one of the best non-RE survival horror games or something. Anyone??

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
So has anyone played Cursed Mountain? Just got and haven't played it yet cause we're in the middle of beating NSMBW but yeah, NWR gave it 8/10 and praised it as being one of the best non-RE survival horror games or something. Anyone??
Cursed Mountain is okay. It's really nothing special though, and certainly not worth the full price I paid for it. It's not very scary, as it's basically just a whole bunch of jump scares. It's also not hard, and the ghosts never feel very threatening at all.

But it's worth a playthrough if you find it for cheap.

But if you haven't played Silent Hill Shattered Memories yet, definitely play that one instead. It's way better.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
it was ten bucks, so I grabbed it cause SH is prolly my favorite genre aside from fighters. But yeah, ha Silent Hill franchise has a Wii game? AWESOME. I LOVE Silent Hill, I've always found it to be way creepier than RE. RE relies on hack/slash terror, jump-scares (well put) but silent hill really is darn creepy. Especially the original PS game, I actually had to stop playing it originally cause of how freaked I got, lol. Well I shall have to purchase it, it wasn't in the racks at walmart for some reason, is it new or been out for a while??

I tried cursed mountain, it's cool! But SLOW, nice atmospherics and immersion, definitely get that "alone" feeling, nice battle-tip off, I enjoy tip offs that aren't music based, things like the radio in Silent Hill or the b/w freeze-frame in Parasite Eve, this one's fade to gray is neat. Controls are ok, but apparently the finisher is a pain to execute though I've not earned it yet. I am disgusted at the load/save interface >< I lost all my progress because I clicked the wrong button but they're right on top of each other... meh. But yeah, thx for the heads up on SH, can't wait to play it!

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
It came out last November I believe. It's very different from every SH game, even though it is a retelling of the story from SH1. It's not a perfect game, and is not as good as SH1, 2 and 3. It is better than SH4, SH Origins and SH5, though.

The best thing about it is that it kind of psychologically examines you as a player, and the game changes based upon the way you play through the game. There are also little therapy sessions inbetween the main gameplay, and you answer psychological questions and do little mental games, and based upon your answer, the game will branch in different paths and even tell a very different story.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I wish Cursed Mountain had been a little better. It had great atmosphere but it fell flat because the gameplay wasn't fun and the in-game text was tiny.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Well I just beat it and I must say my only real complaint was the last couple of chapters, they just seemed to drag on and on (kinda like the guy's plight which makes it more realistic, I suppose but dang). It's almost as if they started running out of ideas...

the Buddha palm left maneuver was REALLY annoying to execute, but I noticed if you hold the chuck tilted slightly forward it registers a bit better.

Another complaint I suppose was lack of reply value. I mean unless you REALLY like the game you're not going to play it again I don't think, I may pick it back up a year from now or something, but definitely isn't the kind of game I can play back to back several times like RE4 or something. I did miss a lot of the pick ups throughout, story notes and a health increases, but I was still able to beat with only getting 5 out of 8 or 9 I can't remember. Which is partly why the to me the reply value to kind of lacking. I really have no desire to "100%" the game, there's no reward in it, other than personal satisfaction, really. And the end sequence was LAME. A simple boss fight and "the curse is lifted, go in peace." Really though? All that of the game and a one liner and its over? Shoot, someone else could have scaled the mountain and beat their demon, why did Eric have to? Fixing this minor plot hole could have gone a ways to improving the game I think.

So yeah, not bad for ten bucks, but anyone that paid full price I can understand their derision.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I need help.

Every time I try to connect to the internet through my Nintendo WiFi USB Hunk of ****, I get one of two error codes: 52240 and 52241. I've spent hours searching through Google trying to find a solution, but I've found nothing. "Uninstall it, then reinstall it." Hahaha yeah, didn't work. "Unplug it for 20 seconds then plug it back in, works every time." No. "Check your router's IP address, it needs to be a specific number." I doubt that's the case, because it was working just fine until a few days ago, and I doubt IP address can change spontaniously.

Does anyone know what to do in this case? :(

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I need help.

Every time I try to connect to the internet through my Nintendo WiFi USB Hunk of ****, I get one of two error codes: 52240 and 52241. I've spent hours searching through Google trying to find a solution, but I've found nothing. "Uninstall it, then reinstall it." Hahaha yeah, didn't work. "Unplug it for 20 seconds then plug it back in, works every time." No. "Check your router's IP address, it needs to be a specific number." I doubt that's the case, because it was working just fine until a few days ago, and I doubt IP address can change spontaniously.

from support.nintendo.com
Error Code: 52240 (same for 52241)

This error code usually indicates that the Wii console was able to connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, but is blocked from reaching the appropriate server(s).

* Try our Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector interferrence troubleshooting.

* It's possible that anti-virus, anit-Spyware, or firewall software is preventing a successful online connection. To review our firewall information, including tips on what you can do to allow a successful connection, please click here.
Interference Troubleshooting for the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector

To prevent wireless interference of the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector's signal, try the following tips:

* Check the location of your PC/Wii console.
If possible move the PC and/or Wii console away from walls and off the floor, and try to place them in a central location in your home. Also, try to keep them away from metal objects such as metal filing cabinets which can cause interference.

* Attach the extension cable to the USB Connector
The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector comes with an extension cable. Using the cable helps to move it further away from hardware in the PC that may be causing interference.

* Check for interference
here a two types of interference that can cause problems with your Wireless connection:

1. Wireless interference from Wireless routers in your area.

2. Noise from Cordless devices (cordless phones), or wireless electronics (wireless keyboards, headphones, cell phones), especially those using the 2.4GHz frequency, can interfere with your wireless signal. Also, older microwave models can cause wireless interference.

To minimize Interference, do not use wireless/cordless devices when trying to connect online with your Wii console. Also, avoid electronics that use the 2.4GHz frequency, instead look for devices that use the 5.8GHz or 900MHz frequencies.
Firewall/Antivirus/Antispyware/Adware Compatibility Info

Whether you're using the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, the Wii LAN Adapter, or a wireless router, firewalls and other computer security programs can be very tricky to get working when attempting to do online gaming. Anti-virus, anti-spyware, software firewalls, and firewall-enabled routers can affect communications within your network. You may want to consider temporarily disabling, or removing, these products installed on home networks to enable game play. If this is not the approach you wish to take, below are some guidelines for how your firewall or security program needs to be adjusted. As each manufacturer is different, if you need help making these adjustment, please contact your firewall or security program manufacturer.

The following detailed information regarding required protocols, ports and communication requirements needed by the Wii console, games, and the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector (if used) may be helpful. Please consult your firewall's instruction manual or manufacturer for specific assistance on working with the firewall.

While Nintendo makes a concerted effort to test and document known incompatibilities with software and hardware, it is impossible for us to test and document them all. Detailed information regarding the necessary ports and sites has been included below for those customers who want to use and configure their own firewall or computer security application.

Allowing TCP and UDP Traffic:
The Wii console may require unrestricted access to several sites across various ports and protocols to function correctly. These addresses and ports vary, and may change in the future without notice. Many software firewalls restrict outbound access. Only if your firewall blocks outbound traffic do you need to enable this traffic:

TCP:
Allow traffic to all destinations on ports: 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, and 443

UDP:
Allow all traffic to all destinations. (Necessary for peer-to-peer connections and game play). Our Network Test tool can be used from a computer behind your firewall to test if outbound UDP is allowed.

Please note that by allowing the traffic to the destinations listed above, you are essentially removing a significant amount of firewall protection for your network. While Nintendo provides this information for our consumers' use, it is up to each consumer to determine what security needs they have for their own networks, and to decide how best to configure their network settings to meet those needs.

Additional Information for the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector Users
If you are using the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and have a software firewall or other computer security program installed on your computer, there may be additional steps you must complete to allow a successful connection.

"Trusted" Applications:
If your firewall or PC security program keeps a list of trusted applications (also known as a "trusted zone"), the following programs are installed with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and require internet communications. If prompted by your firewall or PC security program, add these to the list of trusted applications. This information may also apply to certain computer security applications, such as anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.:

o Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector USB (NintendoWFCReg.exe )
o Setup.exe (when installing the USB Connector)
o SoftAPInstDrv.bin
o mdriver.exe

"Trusted" IP Ranges:
There are also potential ranges of IP addresses that may need to be added to the "trusted zone" for your software firewall or PC security program for Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector users. Each of these would need to be opened up for TCP and UDP traffic, or for some firewalls or security programs, added as a "trusted zone." Please consult the manual for your firewall or security program for more specific information.

192.168.1.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0
172.16.1.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0
0.0.0.0 subnet mask 255.255.255.255

Software Firewalls Identified as Being "Incompatible" with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector
We have identified the following software firewall(s) as being incompatible with the use of the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. We suggest using another firewall product, if possible:
o Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite
Important Note: In order to use the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, Zone Alarm Internet Security Suit must be completely uninstalled from your computer. Simply disabling (turning off) this program will still not allow a successful connection.

Turn off any "VPN" programs running on the computer
Virtual Private Network (VPN) programs can interfere with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and must be turned "off" or "disabled." VPN's are typically found on computers belonging to those who need to create a secure connection to an outside network (for example, people who work from home).
If you try all that and still don't work, your guess is as good as mine, then. I hated my USB adapter so I changed to a wireless router and have had good connection ever since.

edit: also is it happening regardless of which website you're trying to access, can you say, do a system update, or login to NWC in Brawl?

UberMario

Smash Master
I need help.

Really simple, your firewall is blocking the reception. Unlike most wireless routers the Nintendo Wi-fi USB feeds through the computer, so any firewall on it will block it. I've had that happen so that's how I know.

You have to either:

A: Make the firewall protection accept the program

or

B: Shut it off temporarily if you don't have family members that use the PC while you're on the Wii.

Getting a TRUE wireless router (rather than a cable-through-pc-converter) is probably the best course of action, but of course try A and B first because those are free.

EDIT: Gah how did I miss that humongous post? Oh well, I'll keep this up anyway.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
from support.nintendo.com

If you try all that and still don't work, your guess is as good as mine, then. I hated my USB adapter so I changed to a wireless router and have had good connection ever since.

edit: also is it happening regardless of which website you're trying to access, can you say, do a system update, or login to NWC in Brawl?
I already tried support.nintendo.com, and none of their advice helped.

What happens is I try to set up and internet connectionn through the USB connector, and it gets access to the internet and everything, but the test connection always fails and the error code pops up.

Really simple, your firewall is blocking the reception. Unlike most wireless routers the Nintendo Wi-fi USB feeds through the computer, so any firewall on it will block it. I've had that happen so that's how I know.

You have to either:

A: Make the firewall protection accept the program

or

B: Shut it off temporarily if you don't have family members that use the PC while you're on the Wii.

Getting a TRUE wireless router (rather than a cable-through-pc-converter) is probably the best course of action, but of course try A and B first because those are free.

EDIT: Gah how did I miss that humongous post? Oh well, I'll keep this up anyway.
Wrong, tried that and it didn't work.

I'm reluctant to get a wireless router because I would only need one for me Wii.

UberMario

Smash Master
Wrong, tried that and it didn't work.

I'm reluctant to get a wireless router because I would only need one for me Wii.
Really? Huh, I'm almost postive I've had that exact same error code and the description fits near perfectly with the issue I had, guess there is more than one way to trigger it . . . .

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I already tried support.nintendo.com, and none of their advice helped.
My next suggestion would be to call Nintendo for help, they're usually pretty good about walking you through stuff.

Also you could try disabling your firewall altogether to see if it makes a difference.

You could also try a "manual setup" in the Wii Settings, but this is time consuming and doesn't always yield results. How to do that is also on support.nintendo.com

But overall I'd say your best bet is to call Ninty.

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
kso, my wiis being silly. again. it JUST started not reading my discs, no lie. like, an hour ago. I walked over to gamestop and bought that lens cleaning crap, didn't work. I just wanted to play some Maylay.]: I'm not sending it over to NIntendo either, I don't want to pay 75$ and lose my HBC. I'd rather buy a new one, but I'm poor.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Want . . . . . . Metal Gear . . . . . 1 & 2 . . . and all of the Fire Emblem games . . . . .
So do I, but I don't see it happening.

Both Metal Gears are on the JP VC, that much is true, but the MSX is not an option on the VC. While it would be a great idea to launch MSX with the Metal Gears as launch titles, they probably won't. They have to translate too, but not much needs to be changed from the 2006 translation.

Thank goodness for the second disc of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence.

As for the FEs' the first one was released for the DS and the third one "Mystery of the Emblem" was released on the Japanese VC years ago. I don't think they will put the effort of translating those text heavy games since it's been out over there for a while.

Maybe NOA is waiting for this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV7QXtgdpB0

FE4 would be nice, but certain themes
(Incest)
might have to be censored.

Edit: Aparrently FE4 was released on the VC as well in 2007........

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If you buy the MGS3: Subsistence game seperately, you get the second disc which has the 2 MSX games, with an excellent translation, the Secret Theatre pardy videos, the European Duel Mode, Snake vs Monkey with 2 new maps for it, and the now defunct online mode.
The first disc contains the Snake Eater game with the event only camos unlockable in game and the third person camera view, which is a prototype of the camera used in MGS4.

This Box is the 2 disc version. A bit rare to be honest. The one I own.

This one however, is the super rare 3 disc version. The third disc seems to contain a movie version of the story of Snake Eater(for those who can't beat the game) and something else I can't remember.

I know that this is off topic, but it's better for it to be for another console than to be Japan Only.

Konami made a mistake excluding the second disc of MGS3, but I'm glad they included MGS2: Substance, since that version is hard to find.

To try to get back on topic, I'm on the fence about Metroid: Other M.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Oh wow! LE! I had no idea there was such a thing. It's bad enough I missed out on the 2-disc set... ah well... I suppose emulator will do, heh actually I have Metal Gear on my phone, lol supposedly a full version though I've not played it really, cause my phone is crappy and really hard to play games on.

Other M ... that's all my wife talks about, she had her hopes up SO high for Twilight Princess, then she hated it. She had her hopes up SO high for Brawl, and it was Meh. She salivated over NSMBW, and has hardly touched it since we got it. She says it's because she falling out of favor with gaming in general, but the hype is still there, and she's SO excited for Other M.

Will it pan out? Will it flop in her eyes? Who knows... I loved the Prime games, and I love that this game is taking a new twist, almost a gods-of-war/onimusha/rygar approach, which I personally love that style of 3D platforming, plus all these special tactics and whatnot, it just seems totally perfect from everything I've seen so far, so I definitely want it and have huge hopes for it, but unlike Zelda, Smash or Mario, Metroid is -the- best franchise Nintendo makes in her eyes, and there isn't a Metroid game she doesn't love fully, so I guess if she someone doesn't like this one, it'll be true that she's just growing out of gaming in general methinks. We'll see how it works out, I just hope they don't push the release date again.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I think Other M looks alright, coming from someone who really doesn't care for Metroid at all (and I especially don't like the Prime series). From what I've seen it looks like Other M is a lot more action-oriented.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
My brother and I have Other M on hold at Gamestop. From videos I've seen, it looks intense.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm sorry to pop in like this, but I really didn't find anywhere to ask this... I've found a lot of stuff saying that an action replay for the wii, NOT POWERSAVES, went on sale on the 15th of this month.

I can't seem to find verification for that. Nobody seems to know anything about it, but there are countless articles all over the place saying this.

However, the 15th has passed, and I've found nothing about it. I'm...curious as to what happened with that? Did I miss something important?

Again, sorry to pop in like that, but it's been bugging me for a while now. Thanks~

majora_787

Smash Hero
Do you have a link to the article that said it was coming out?
I googled it, and found articles in a LOT of different places. And I noticed it pop up on Smashwiki in their Action Replay article, as well.

http://www.wiisworld.com/wii-news/action-replay-wii-coming.html
http://www.nwiizone.com/nintendo-wii/nwii/action-replay-for-wii/
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Action_Replay

I found these articles that said it was coming out August 15th, and I found all sorts of comments confirming it in youtube videos and other articles all over the place.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Hmm. Wiisworld says August, so it may have been pushed back or something?

I saw nothing on Codejunkies (the AR developer's website) so I don't really know. I'm surprised there were no announcements or anything.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hmm. Wiisworld says August, so it may have been pushed back or something?

I saw nothing on Codejunkies (the AR developer's website) so I don't really know. I'm surprised there were no announcements or anything.
I know. o_O That's why I'm confused. There are a handfull of places that say it's in august. Then there are ones that say february but it got pushed to august.

I really would like an action replay for the Wii, but this is just ridiculous. >_<

There WAS a site where it had one for sale, with a box that was not for powersaves-- It actually was an Action Replay it looked like. But it was out of stock.

I wonder why. /sarcasm

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
There's no purpose for an AR for the Wii with Gecko OS and Savegame Manager, and Ninty can just update to make the disc unusable, like they did with Datel's freeloader in 3.3.
That's probably why there is no news.

majora_787

Smash Hero
There's no purpose for an AR for the Wii with Gecko OS and Savegame Manager, and Ninty can just update to make the disc unusable, like they did with Datel's freeloader in 3.3.
That's probably why there is no news.
>_< Bleh. Gecko OS. Whatever the big homebrew process thing is, I don't get it. Then again every explanation I found was horrible.

I still would like an Action Replay though, and hope one is coming out at some point, because at least to me, it's more effective than the gecko and more *reliable* than the homebrew thing.

Top Bottom