• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It won't affect anything.

Capcom WOULD NOT bank on spending $xxxxxxxx based on an internet petition.

A. Just because people sign it for free, doesn't mean they'll go out and spend $50 on it.
B. Likely scenario, they are making it already.
C. Other likely scenario, they aren't and don't really care what people think.

Also, Rest in Peace, Okami:
http://kotaku.com/5031280/okami-on-wii-didnt-do-so-well

See, this is my problem with developers - laziness. The game was great for PS2, but people didn't want to buy it. They changed NOTHING for the Wii version except add Wii controls and expected it to do better? God, this makes me worried for Dead Rising Wii.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm sure that that channel will be hacked to work for American Wiis within a week.
you really think they'll hack a chanel so then you can order photos from a japanese photolab and have it delivered to your place? doubt it.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Crimson King: Y'know, they ported RE4 straight over to the Wii, too...And it's one of the better 3rd party sellers now.

Just saying that it's not how much work they put into it (Wii Play, Wii Sports in Japan, Mario and Sonic, etc), it's just the subject matter. Not as many people enjoy games as art (Okami, Pikmin, etc) as enjoy shooting up zombies (RE4, soon to be Dead Rising) and playing guitar (GH3, Rock Band).

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Which Capcom also published. It's impossible to believe they'll ever do an Okami 2 after this one.

Oh well.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Which Capcom also published. It's impossible to believe they'll ever do an Okami 2 after this one.

Oh well.
If Beyond Good and Evil can get a second go-round after it's dismal sales, I think Okami can. Probably not for the Wii, but it'd look ultra-sick using some of the pretty graphics effects over on the PS3...

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/07/31/nintendo-looking-into-holographic-storage/

Hmmm...either Nintendo is going way overboard with giving us more memory for our Wii, or Nintendo is poised to create a next gen system where games are downloaded, not to a flash drive, or hard drive, but a holo drive.

Hmmm...Iwata mentioned something about a revolutionary user interface, could games being downloads not disks be what he hinted!

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/07/29/no-duh-nintendo-already-working-on-next-console/

This is interesting.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
That article does say it, but the other articles I read said this technology is barely past concept stage and another company also holds the patent on it. Likely scenario, this will be on all the consoles next gen.

mmm...Iwata mentioned something about a revolutionary user interface, could games being downloads not disks be what he hinted!
If you just own a Wii, then yeah, it's new and revolutionary, but the PS3 has been doing stuff like this. Currently, you can buy Warhawk, Siren: Blood Curse, and Tekken straight off PSN in their full game glory. PC has been doing this since 2001, so you can't really call that revolutionary.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
If Beyond Good and Evil can get a second go-round after it's dismal sales, I think Okami can. Probably not for the Wii, but it'd look ultra-sick using some of the pretty graphics effects over on the PS3...
The creator of Okami recently said that there wouldn't be an Okami 2 until the original sells a bunch of more copies. How descriptive he is.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'll be ****ed if I fall for that bull**** again. I'm not even looking at Nintendo next gen unless I have a steady income that allows me $500 in disposable income a month but there's no way I'm running headlong into anything like that ever again.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
If you just own a Wii, then yeah, it's new and revolutionary, but the PS3 has been doing stuff like this. Currently, you can buy Warhawk, Siren: Blood Curse, and Tekken straight off PSN in their full game glory. PC has been doing this since 2001, so you can't really call that revolutionary.
What I meant to express, was that disks would not be available on the next generation Nintendo system, everything would be in the holodrive.
Eliminating disks completely would be a somewhat revolutionary manuever.
But, they must be hinting towards something else, since Nintendo likes to do the unthought of.

Sensai

Smash Master
The creator of Okami recently said that there wouldn't be an Okami 2 until the original sells a bunch of more copies. How descriptive he is.
They also said that about localizing Phoenix Wright 3 and 4; 'You want Ace Attorney 3? Buy more Ace Attorney 2!' etc.

Given, I'm not saying that that means that Okami 2 is likely or anything like that. Just pointing that out.

@ ChRed: BAH!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
What I meant to express, was that disks would not be available on the next generation Nintendo system, everything would be in the holodrive.
Eliminating disks completely would be a somewhat revolutionary manuever.
But, they must be hinting towards something else, since Nintendo likes to do the unthought of.
It's not revolutionary because it's BEEN happening. Steam started this trend. X-Box continued it and Playstation took it further. PSP 2 will likely JUST have a hard drive. They are working on adding all major PSP games to the online store to get rid of the need for UMDs. The PS3 it a ways behind this because Blu-Ray games are too big to download for now, but some games are up already.

In short, this is nothing new or exciting, but the trend of the market. Nintendo didn't invent or revolutionize the concept so stop giving them credit.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Umm......... It does look cool. It's also for the Nintendo DS. It's also been a little over a year since this thread has been posted in.

But the topic was stickied so it must be okay! In other news, I hear Masterchief is in Brawl!

Spire

III
BRoomer
Aye, this is why CK closed both "Netflix for Wii" threads in the PRoom and the Lighthouse. He wanted this ancient thread revived.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I can't believe a sticky would go so long without a post.

So for those who haven't heard. Netflix is coming to the wii.

According to NPD wii sold 3.8 million units in december. A new record for consoles. Although this number isn't confirmed. In fact there is some speculation that NPD is wrong. Nintendo announced a week prior that Wii sales with over 3 million. Wouldn't it make more sense to say almost 4 million? Also other analyst estimated that the wii was just over 3 million as well. Finally Nintendo's press release after NPD announcement seemed unsure of the number as well. Guess we will have to wait until Nintendo's financial report.

Looks like this year is going to be better for Wii software than 2009.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
http://kotaku.com/5453414/nintendo-launches-budget-wii-label-in-japan

Wii games, cheaper! Nintendo is introducing the "Minna no Osusume Collection" (literally, The Everyone's Recommendation Collection), a line of cheaper Wii titles. But does low price mean low quality?

Nintendo is including titles with high user scores from the Wii's Minna no Nintendo Channel for the relatively low price of ¥2,800 (US$31). Each title is then given a rating that corresponds to the user rating. Seven "Minna no Osusume Collection" games will launch February 25 in Japan — as noted below with their respective rating:
Similar to the "player's choice" series, Nintendo is releasing the "Everyone's Recommendation Collection". Also, the covers are supposedly 2 sided and have the original cover art on the back side.

IMO, it seems a bit late to introduce this (and its going to be even longer for this to come to the US/Canada) but cheap-good games are always welcome.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I wish I cared about the games they're bringing out. I already have Muramasa, and I might pick up Tales of Symphonia, but other than that... meh.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I wish I cared about the games they're bringing out. I already have Muramasa, and I might pick up Tales of Symphonia, but other than that... meh.
The Tales of Symphonia for Wii? Be careful, a lot of people don't like it...if you played the first one and are then playing the second one I felt it was a huge disappointment. (That's just me though, you might love it).

The new Okami looks fun as does Super Mario Galaxy 2. Not to mention that new Metroid. I cannot wait to play it. :p

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Ok guys, flame at me all you want, call me n00b or whatever but where on the settings menu do you see your Wii number? And I'm not talking about the MAC Address.

I'm too lazy a bum to look it up and I rarely play my Wii, it's collecting dust for crying out loud, it's literally in NEW condition, unlike my PS3.

MuRd3riNGQu33nX

Smash Rookie
Yea Im hoping the games for the wii this year will be much hotter than last year. I recently started playing Brawl again so im actually using my wii after all! Im always excited to what Nintendo's going to announce at E3 even though its a little while away, im hoping for a New Donkey Kong, or maybe Kid Icarus. What about you guys?

Thino

Smash Master
Ok guys, flame at me all you want, call me n00b or whatever but where on the settings menu do you see your Wii number? And I'm not talking about the MAC Address.

I'm too lazy a bum to look it up and I rarely play my Wii, it's collecting dust for crying out loud, it's literally in NEW condition, unlike my PS3.
I do believe its not in the settings , but in the messages part when trying to send a message or add a contact , but Im not sure , too lazy to check too :laugh:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Yea Im hoping the games for the wii this year will be much hotter than last year. I recently started playing Brawl again so im actually using my wii after all! Im always excited to what Nintendo's going to announce at E3 even though its a little while away, im hoping for a New Donkey Kong, or maybe Kid Icarus. What about you guys?
There is Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M (maybe), Zelda Wii (will be shown at this E3 at the very least, but it is supposed to come out this year), Monster Hunter 3. There is also No More Heroes 2 which is already out.

I'm pretty excited for this year.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
There's also Epic Mickey, Red Steel 2, Super Meat Boy, and Sin and Punishment 2 maybe:)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
There is Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M (maybe), Zelda Wii (will be shown at this E3 at the very least, but it is supposed to come out this year), Monster Hunter 3. There is also No More Heroes 2 which is already out.

I'm pretty excited for this year.

Metroid Other M will very likely come out this year. The E3 trailer ends with "2010" and there's news that its going to be releasing just after spring.

This year seems amazing though. Mainly from 1st party games but there are also plenty of amazing 3rd party games to look out for too.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I do believe its not in the settings , but in the messages part when trying to send a message or add a contact , but Im not sure , too lazy to check too :laugh:
Hmm.. I see, thanks for helping me out, as for my Wii, it's no longer collecting dust, it's actually pretty fun now that I got Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, it's definetly an exciting and challenging game.

Games I'm considering getting

Super Paper Mario
The New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn ( The Black Knight)

Basically I love any good Fighting and RPG titles out there, if anyone knows of any others that fall into these category please go ahead and add.

WildC4rd

Smash Rookie
A question that's off-topic with the current discussion, sorry ^^;

But does anyone have the problem of the wiimote eating up your batteries? Maybe I left it in standby or the terminals somehow shorted. It seems that it's capable of eating a pair of new batteries in two weeks, even without me playing the wii in that time period. I was thinking of getting rechargeable ones so I don't end up spending a fortune on batteries or a new remote.

D

Deleted member

I absolutely love the Wii. I think it's a great systems. Lots of variety, many great games, etc.

aldredheron

Smash Rookie
If the system is so out there in terms of control that games from XBOX360 and PS3 can't be ported over to it, Nintendo has to be on crack to assume they'll get 3rd party support. And 3rd party support is everything.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm actually looking forward to the new Zelda game coming out this year. It'll actually make me want to power on and play my Wii.

Top Bottom