• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
Medal of Honor is a fun game if your really into online play. It takes time to become good with aimming and all. However, i doubt I will be playing it after brawl comes out.

So basically, if your into online play then pick it up

Dragmire

Smash Lord
it's obvious once brawl comes out all other sources of online play will shrivel. but it's nice to have it before brawl. the anticipation for it is killing me though seeing as how I've glimpsed paradise and now it's been taken from me. ganon FTW

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So, my Wii purchase will be validated sooner, rather than later with:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=230223

I am contemplating buying a Wii blaster just because I spent so much money on this game as it was. I am pretty excited. It might have worked better on PS3 (you coulda had the entire series plus the new Guncon) but it's all good.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
WII ZAPPER IS TERRIBLE just a big forewarning, I only thought it was good because I got it for christmas but It's terrible a waste of $30
ty for the quick review. i was thinking about getting it for house of the dead 2&3 in march.

also, warioware is a good game. but cheetos are amazing. im not talking about the crunchy ones either. the original puff cheetos are the best.

S2

Smash Lord
WII ZAPPER IS TERRIBLE just a big forewarning, I only thought it was good because I got it for christmas but It's terrible a waste of $30
True.

But at least you get Link's Crossbow Training.

But yeah, I used the Zapper for a whole of 2 minutes before my arms cramped. And for those two minutes it wasn't fun.

What a stupid decision that thing was, if Nintendo is going to give us a light gun... it shouldn't be worse than the NES that came out in the late '80s.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
CK, you should buy the badass third party pistol/shotty instead of the zapper.

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
LOL **** GG tapping a wii mote Good idea :0 since I dont know how you can shot with R....but anyway I have the pistol up here and its he best thing around 20 buck and it worth it.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Um, I don't know if this is the right place, but I've got a problem (not a real problem for sure): my Wii is fine, but after a while, the message "S1" appears along with some "battery low" sign (you know, the ones on your mobile phones). I don't play with it more than three hours each day, and it's not very old, several months perhaps. Is it just the battery? Because if it is, what should I do about it? Replace it or is there an other way? I know, it's such a noobish question, but I care about my baby and so far, I haven't found anything in the manual.

This must sound so very stupid, I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me >.>;;

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
you mean the batteries in the Wiimote? Yeah you need to replace those every now and then.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
you mean the batteries in the Wiimote? Yeah you need to replace those every now and then.
Mine just went out on one, and are nearly dead on the other two. I am going pick-up rechargeable AA batteries for all 4 so I don't have to deal with buying batteries so often.

Odd you would say that now.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's my aussie mind reading powers I have.

Also, you're pregnant.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Crystallion: Stay together for the kids!

@ ChRed: What you saw a month ago was from an SD card, but it required a LOT more tools, namely an SD reader for a GameCube port. Some more stuff, too. This requires only an SD card and Twilight Princess.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Sorry again for the stupid question ^^; I must have thought the Wii has an intern battery, the question was more like "do I have to replace the Wii battery". But now I know I just mixed it up with my new Nintendo DS. Sorry xD;; Plus, I was pretty tired too. So...... I hope you don't think I fell on my head when I was young (although this happened to me once) >_> <_< What?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
http://kotaku.com/372180/square-enixs-wiiware-microtransactions-let-you-buy-more-races-outfits-joy

**** WiiWare. $15 for Crystal Chronicles plus $1-$3 per race/outfits. This is a bad trend.
For a second i thought you were cashed, and I was like....>_>.....you have Xbox Live. But then I LOLed.

But seriously, it's no different really than paying for a few exra songs in rockband or guitar hero.

I don't mind paying $15, maybe $30 if it turns out to be good. It al depends.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Better than EA's "There's 10 guns in the game, 5 in retail, and to get the other 5, either buy the premium version, or buy the guns seperatly on Xbox Marketplace!"

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
For a second i thought you were cashed, and I was like....>_>.....you have Xbox Live. But then I LOLed.

But seriously, it's no different really than paying for a few exra songs in rockband or guitar hero.

I don't mind paying $15, maybe $30 if it turns out to be good. It al depends.
$2 for a song that has 4 difficulties is a lot different than adding races. If there is any multiplayer element, there will be massive imbalance between players gullible enough to pay for extra races vs. those who just wanted to pay a one time fee.

As Mic referenced, EA is doing the exact same thing by offering 5 guns for sale via "microtransactions," which they are also gonna shaft PS3 users with too. It may seem like nothing now, but this is a dangerous road for gamers when game companies use critical content, such as weapons to an FPS or races to an RPG, as means for getting more money. If this trend continues, what next, ending movies that need to be purchased? Maps that need to be unlocked?

It's called testing the waters, and it does not bode well for gamers at all.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I remember Crackdown did the same thing for the best cars/weapons in the game, and I think PGR 3 did that too. Mass Effect's extra mission you have to download is too short to be worth it. At least in Oblivion, you could still get hours and hours of fun out of that game without the extra content.

Some developers have good reason to charge extra for downloadable content, but lately more and more are just going overboard. Funny enough, each player had to use a GBA to play multiplayer in the first game. There were many advantages with it, but it would've been better if it didn't force you to do that. Even worse, it was the only fun mode in the game!

If you want another Crystal Chronicles, I'd suggest just waiting for The Crystal Bearers (no release date), because this series is only fun with friends (and that's only if they're dedicated enough to play through the whole thing).

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I had FF:CC and it was okay [got to like, my 14th year] but it got boring since I was playing it by myself. I bought the GBA cables so me and my friends could play it together but some stuff came up and I had to move so we never got to try it. I only know like one dude with a GBA now. GBA connectivity was a terrible idea and I hope nothing like that ever shows up again.

As for DLC, I'm willing to pay but it has to be worth it. Last time I checked, in FF:CC what race you chose hardly made a difference. They felt very similar and the only differences were charged weapon attacks and what weapons/armor they used.

Sensai

Smash Master
/agrees that the DLC is ****ty.

Guys, I'm all for DLC...but the way that Nintendo and SquareEnix are doing it is absolute ****. I understand paying for new content if it's worth it, but paying for a crippled game and then buying what should've been included in it originally? **** that.

Delorted: That has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read. Thank you.

Darkslash

Smash Master
hey does anybody have any tips suggestions for finding a wii
still cant find one :(
Go ask a store(Best Buy,Future shop,E.Bgames,Gamestop ect) when the next shipment is coming in. Then on that day go to that store as fast as you can and get you're wii. they will sell out in 1 hours so be quick XD.

EDIT:

Penny Arcade agree with ya CK.

strangly last night i had a horrible dream of Bad Company doing some thing like this XD. And i didn't know there was DLC weapons too XD

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I remember Crackdown did the same thing for the best cars/weapons in the game, and I think PGR 3 did that too. Mass Effect's extra mission you have to download is too short to be worth it. At least in Oblivion, you could still get hours and hours of fun out of that game without the extra content.
See, those were actual expansions to the games. PGR3 got more cars, all of which weren't as good as ones already on the game's disc and new modes. Crackdown got new modes, new weapons, new vehicles and new options. Comparing those expansions to a game that's confirmed to have downloadable races before it even launches isn't right. They're two entirely different types of downloadable content.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
See, those were actual expansions to the games. PGR3 got more cars, all of which weren't as good as ones already on the game's disc and new modes. Crackdown got new modes, new weapons, new vehicles and new options. Comparing those expansions to a game that's confirmed to have downloadable races before it even launches isn't right. They're two entirely different types of downloadable content.
I was comparing them because the people who buy the expansions will have an advantage over those who don't (though I was wrong about PGR 3). In the first game, the races really do make a difference, clavats are defensive, lilties are offensive, yukes are mages, and selkies are rounded. Seeing as My Life is a King is a sequel, I was assuming that this would stay the same. That would make a noticeable difference in gameplay, just like new weapons would make a difference in Crackdown.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There's still a difference. An expansion pack is NEW content (like expac's in MMO's) while this is stuff they've got finished, decided to keep out and charge to get.

S2

Smash Lord
I'm all for paying a chunk of money for an actual expansion. PC has been doing it for years.

What POs me is when they nickle and dime you by making you pay for every little thing seperate. Especially for stuff that clearly belongs in the main game anyways.

I wish console makers would make it illegal (or against policy) to have developers put content on the actual disc that needs to be paid for to be unlocked.

If I find a game is going to try and charge for everything, then I'll often pass on it. I was going to buy FF:CC on Wiiware, but I might not now. Tell these companies "no" by not buying when they pull this garbage.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Umm, yeah, actually Activision did that with GH3. They checked the disk, and the quickplay version of all the boss battles were all already on the disk, but you still had to pay to download them. Other than that though, everything was an expansion.

and you do realize if you want to protest the DLC, just don't use it. You can still download the game itself, just don't buy the additional races. If the game sells well, but the DLC doesn't, they'll realize no one wanted to pay for the DLC and won't do it again. But if the game itself doesn't sell they'll figure it was the game itself, and the next game they make may have another DLC fiasco. So by all means, if you were going to buy the game, buy it...just don't buy the DLC -_-'.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
This thread is kind of inactive now. Anyone mind listing the games left to look forward to? I need to hear some good news so I can stop kicking myself for buying a Wii.

Top Bottom