• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

S2

Smash Lord
No console is an investment.

Really all game consoles are a bad way of spending money in a sense. Since game and console values always go down and never up (unless its a ultra rare game like Panzer Dragoon Saga or Suikoden 2, etc).

Plus after ~5 years systems become worthless money-wise.

Everyone gamer spends money on games because its a hobby. A rather expensive one at that. I love gaming, but I don't expect to get anything out of it other than enterainment. Games aren't really a good that can be easily bought or sold as investments unless your making a full-blown business out of it (like Gamestop). They de-value way too quickly.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I have a knack for expensive hobbies. I thought gaming was expensive but guitar is really insane. I might spend $600-700 just to get a guitar and an amp and I still want to buy some effects >.>

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
No console is an investment.

Really all game consoles are a bad way of spending money in a sense. Since game and console values always go down and never up (unless its a ultra rare game like Panzer Dragoon Saga or Suikoden 2, etc).

Plus after ~5 years systems become worthless money-wise.

Everyone gamer spends money on games because its a hobby. A rather expensive one at that. I love gaming, but I don't expect to get anything out of it other than enterainment. Games aren't really a good that can be easily bought or sold as investments unless your making a full-blown business out of it (like Gamestop). They de-value way too quickly.
I love games and the money I spend on them seems to be worth it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I have a knack for expensive hobbies. I thought gaming was expensive but guitar is really insane. I might spend $600-700 just to get a guitar and an amp and I still want to buy some effects >.>
Mine was 1600, but I got it for 8. I bought a 600 dollar effects pedal for 400. I have 3 guitars, and will probably buy a new one soon. Yea, it's expensive.

S2

Smash Lord
I love games and the money I spend on them seems to be worth it.
I'll agree with you 100% on this.

Its worth spending money on an expensive hobby if its something you love.

Games have no monetary value, but who cares - I don't play them for their resale value.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I don't trust wirless contollers only because interruptions and other such things just irritate me but get it if you want many people get them
I have NEVER had this issue. That used to be my concern then when I got an X-Box I bought a wireless controller, and it's seriously was the best purchase for that console. Since then I got one that was identical to the PS2 controller for my computer, and again, it works amazingly even with weakened batteries. Finally, my PS3 controllers are Blue-Tooth, but I have had no issues with interference when my laptop or cellphone is Blue-Toothing and I can go into another room and still control the game.

In short, it really depends on the TYPE of wireless controller. Logitech makes the best PC controllers on the market. MadCatz gets a lot of bad rep for some of their products, but generally, I am pleased. Just don't get 3rd party memory cards. WAY too risky.

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
I don't trust wirless contollers only because interruptions and other such things just irritate me but get it if you want many people get them
I bet you think about the wave bird gc controller. the first version of these was like crappy.You where not able to hold a button for more than 2 sec without an interuption

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Come on CK, don't say that about 3rd party memory cards you'll make me worry about the one in my ps2.

The only interference I get is with motion sensing, which is infra-red [amirite?], so interference comes easy.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Come on CK, don't say that about 3rd party memory cards you'll make me worry about the one in my ps2.

The only interference I get is with motion sensing, which is infra-red [amirite?], so interference comes easy.
I had a Mad Catz one corrupt on both my N64 and PS1. I avoid them, but I am sure they work fine for others.

I actually had bad luck for any wireless controller I had no matter what system
Hmm, that's just ****ty. Does your Wiimote cut-out?

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
i use a thurstmaster memory card for my gc it has never done anything wrong for 7 years now so it is'nt memeory cards is'nt who makes it

Red Exodus

Smash Master
no it just freaks out sometimes
It's probably just interference.

Mine does that when sun shines in the room or on the Wiimote. It also happens when loud traffic drives by [my house is right next to the road] and sometimes when I'm on my cordless phone.

Sensai

Smash Master
I've never hard any issues with any 3rd party peripheral (spelling!), although the only ones I've ever used were memory card.

Nor have I had any (recent) trouble with wireless controllers, but yet my stigma remains: if there's an option for wired, I go with it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
God ****it. My Wii was put on backorder because Wal-Mart sucks. Anyone know when the shipment is coming in? I want my Wii! Sadly, ALL the accessories AND games will be in tomorrow.

S2

Smash Lord
God ****it. My Wii was put on backorder because Wal-Mart sucks. Anyone know when the shipment is coming in? I want my Wii! Sadly, ALL the accessories AND games will be in tomorrow.

Wait, so are they shipping your games to you before you get the console? Because that's just cruel to tempt you with the games without giving you a way to play them.

Try complaining to Walmart about it, maybe they'll give you something free.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I already spent two hours yelling at them for scamming me out of an extra $57. They charged us tax AFTER we agreed to pay.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
speak to the manager???
It was ordered online. All I got was the run-around saying it's my word versus theirs and they have no policy to give me any compensation. Sadly, with the $57 I paid an extra $97 which is more than overnight shipping.

Anyone have a clue when a new stock of Wiis will be in? Is it standardized through North America or what?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I knew Wii's were in low supply but I thought Wii's in bundles had more priority. Hopefully you get your Wii [and some money back] before the end of the week.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
They told us to call back next weekend. We have 8 ****ing games just staring at me. Which is better, Resident Evil 4 or Umbrella Chronicles? I may go exchange Chronicles and Smarty Pants for RE4, and Wii Play.

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have a clue when a new stock of Wiis will be in? Is it standardized through North America or what?
heh I used to work there and Wii stock in north america is usually the tuesday OR maybe they have an expeption and they have shipment on thursday of each week and yes this is a standard.Plus, the wii shipment is not always sure to be in for each week most walmart(and many other store>_>) have wii every 2 week and usually they got 6-7 per shipment :) I recommend you,tuesday at 12pm or call them every day at 12pm youll be sure to have one :0

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
heh no never touch to that kind of transaction in a walmart but you should like I said call teh walmart everyday to ask if they have a wii for your command.And I dont know if they gave you a number or sumthig when you bought your wii on the website but you need that if you want an advantage over casual client(No purchase over the internet)

D

Deleted member

CK, RE4 >>> Chronicles. The controls are top-notch, graphics are very nice, story is interesting, everything about it is awesome.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
RE4 is the GC version with a few extras.

Chronicles is awesome fun, though it is a bit short.

pman154

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble connecting my Wii to the internet! I've tried using the Adapter, but that just messes up my computer! Can someone help?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, fellows, Eric is not pleased.

Wal-Mart has a policy that if an item is backordered for more than 10 days, they cancel it. Today or tomorrow is the 10th. Go figure. Now I have to begin searching for a Wii in stores because I have about $430 worth of accessories.

Sigh.

S2

Smash Lord
Well, fellows, Eric is not pleased.

Wal-Mart has a policy that if an item is backordered for more than 10 days, they cancel it. Today or tomorrow is the 10th. Go figure. Now I have to begin searching for a Wii in stores because I have about $430 worth of accessories.

Sigh.
Wow, that is ultra ******.

Your best bet is to find out which days store usually get them in (I know for some retailers its Sundays) and just stalk a store early. Some stores send out press releases about when they are getting systems in.

Ironically, there is always a lot of Wii's available on Craigslist... but something about buying current systems that way has always bothered me. If you buy new or through a store, you at least have a receipt and someone to complain to if it ends up being defective.

If Walmart sold you all those accessories and then canceled your system, I'd complain about it. Something about that seems unethical to me. I dunno what Walmart's customer service is like, but maybe they'll go out of their way to fill your order if you tell them you want to return the accessories and rebuy them at a competitor.

Best of luck.

Top Bottom