• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
i'm only for it if it means they make online alot nicer, ie adding profiles, voice chat, and downloadable content(meaning USB harddrive support)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Me too. A lot of people are viewing this negatively but I'm looking at this as a chance for Nintendo to fix a lot of what they've been doing wrong. I've always been tough on Nintendo but I'm just a little surprised at how quickly some Wii owners have changed their tune [from supportive to negative] when they heard this news.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
what i'm wondering is if all online games will become Pay&PLay like XBlive, or if we'll have still have free online games getting released, like the PC or PS2

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Hmm, not sure what to think of Pay&Play. On one side, we may good online services, but on another, we may have to pay for online (which would make me look like an ***. Before this gen, ecstatic and I would brag to M$ fanboys that the Wii had free online :()

Also, Nintendo should get a better "logo", maybe the wii thing on top could blue for wifi and maybe the red "Pay&Play-thing" on it by the word wii on the top. Less stuff covering the boxart FTW!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Hmm, not sure what to think of Pay&Play. On one side, we may good online services, but on another, we may have to pay for online (which would make me look like an ***. Before this gen, ecstatic and I would brag to M$ fanboys that the Wii had free online :()

Also, Nintendo should get a better "logo", maybe the wii thing on top could blue for wifi and maybe the red "Pay&Play-thing" on it by the word wii on the top. Less stuff covering the boxart FTW!
umm...that's not the real logo. that's the biohazard(RE) logo spliced ontop of the Wifi logo. It was a joke by kotaku.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I honestly think this will only improve Wii's Online. Yes it's going to cost some money, but it's not going to be alot of money. This Pay to Play could be a one time amount of money, or it could be a monthly or yearly thing, we don't know. But I don't think we're going to be paying for 5 games seperately on a monthly basis, so I really think it's going to be a one time deal.

Plus, if it means voice chat, no FC's, and a competative ranking system, I'll be very happy. It shows that Nintendo will somewhat listen to us, so it could mean a hardrive on the way as well.

Niko90

Smash Cadet
Alright.

Okay, so I've been scavenging for a Wii for the past two weeks and I think now that I have signed up for an online alert system, I should have my Wii in about a week. But here's the thing - the shortage is just an illusion.

Really, go to eBay. There are literally hundreds of Wiis for sale. A wii leaves ebay every 2 minutes. You would think that's enough supply for the demand right? No. Because Wiis are just being bought, and sold for more, bought, and sold for more. The only reason they are high priced is because resellers go out and somehow get the wiis before the public and there are none left on the shelves so people are forced to buy them for ridiculous prices. There is hardly a shortage - just a scam. And it's pissing me off.

*simmers*

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Alright.

Okay, so I've been scavenging for a Wii for the past two weeks and I think now that I have signed up for an online alert system, I should have my Wii in about a week. But here's the thing - the shortage is just an illusion.

Really, go to eBay. There are literally hundreds of Wiis for sale. A wii leaves ebay every 2 minutes. You would think that's enough supply for the demand right? No. Because Wiis are just being bought, and sold for more, bought, and sold for more. The only reason they are high priced is because resellers go out and somehow get the wiis before the public and there are none left on the shelves so people are forced to buy them for ridiculous prices. There is hardly a shortage - just a scam. And it's pissing me off.

*simmers*
this was apparently one of the problems with the PS2 and the period after it's launch.

However if it's still going on after all this time.....wow.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yea, the website I used has alerts on about 20 websites (most with bundles). ALL sold out. Ebay has people selling Wiis in bulk for a bit under price. This one guy has 100% feedback, with 50 Wii sales in the last month. Some start as low as $0.99 and hit maxes of $200-$300. Nintendo is REALLY messing up by not meeting demand. People are going to just "acquire" the Wiis somehow, sell them on e-bay for profit, and people will buy it at a discounted price.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Yea, the website I used has alerts on about 20 websites (most with bundles). ALL sold out. Ebay has people selling Wiis in bulk for a bit under price. This one guy has 100% feedback, with 50 Wii sales in the last month. Some start as low as $0.99 and hit maxes of $200-$300. Nintendo is REALLY messing up by not meeting demand. People are going to just "acquire" the Wiis somehow, sell them on e-bay for profit, and people will buy it at a discounted price.
The reason its really bad now is because Nintendo has been diverting most of their units to Japan to coincide with Brawl's release. Hopefully the Americas will get a similar influx in two weeks.

Of course, there wouldn't be these problems with meeting demand if Nintendo put some of their moutains of cash towards more hardware factories... :ohwell:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
it takes a while to get production buildings up. they just cant be made in a month.

Niko90

Smash Cadet
It's hardly Nintendo's fault. They are supplying, but here is what is happening.

Resellers are buying the Wiis before they reach the public. This makes it appear to the public that Wiis are impossible to get and there is "A shortage" so people are forced to pay premium prices for them, on eBay. Really, go to eBay. There are LITERALLY THOUSANDS of Wiis on sale, and a Wii leaves the place (eBay) pretty much every minute or two. It's resellers who are causing the problem. If resellers weren't buying Wiis just to sell them, everyone who wanted a Wii would have one.

And to be frank, it's pissing me off. I might not even have my Wii by the time Brawl comes out, in which case, I will be very very very VERY angry.

G'day.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
I NEED HELP PLEASE

how do friend codes work?

i cant find where mine is even located.

i know that its not the wii number but that is about it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So, I got my Wii. Set-up was pretty much just as easy as with my PS3. Since the PS3 is the only next gen console I own, I'll use that as a reference. The set-up for online was horrible because of the piss-poor on-screen keyboard. The lack of a hard drive still shocks me. I think I have 1600 blocks left on my 1gb memory card.

The games? Meh. Mario Galaxy is fun because I love the old Mario games. I am only about 25 minutes into it, so I can't say much more. I beat Wii Play, and I am contemplating trading that in for cash, though it won't be much. Mario Party 8 is ok. It's only worth playing with 4 people though. Wario Ware is a joke.

Out of 7 titles, I have played 4 and only 1 is worth $50. I'll give it more time, but I feel REALLY underwhelmed.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Warioware is a ridiculous party game. When you get 12 people on that **** it's CRAZY gooood. Just like cheetos. But better.

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
WarioWare is awesome. Sure, the single player will take like an hour to finish, but once you get 8-12 people on the mulitplayer, it's mass chaos. In a good way.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
I have a quick question, What do you think will be the biggest wii game of 2008?
Think of the competition to games such as Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart wii, No more heroes, Wii fit, Tales of symphonia 2. The list just goes on.
What will be the superstar for the wii this year?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I NEED HELP PLEASE

how do friend codes work?

i cant find where mine is even located.

i know that its not the wii number but that is about it.
The wii number is how you can add people to your Adress Book, by trading em. Friend codes are found somewhere on the wifi section of various games.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
anyone know what the new update was for?
Supposedly, it helps with some loading times. There was something else, but I forgot...it doesn't interfere with any of the Wii homebrews that are out, for now...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
So, I got my Wii. Set-up was pretty much just as easy as with my PS3. Since the PS3 is the only next gen console I own, I'll use that as a reference. The set-up for online was horrible because of the piss-poor on-screen keyboard. The lack of a hard drive still shocks me. I think I have 1600 blocks left on my 1gb memory card.

Out of 7 titles, I have played 4 and only 1 is worth $50. I'll give it more time, but I feel REALLY underwhelmed.
For some reason the set-up is a chore for me. I always put up my Wii after the weekend because out here is really dusty and it only takes a few days for dust to take over anything not being used/moved but I guess that's only my problem since most people don't have to put up their consoles.

I also felt underwhelmed, but I only had 2 games to try out and those were MP3 and Wii Sports so I didn't get to try out the controls as much as I would have liked.

Top Bottom