• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah...homebrew's picking up. I haven't experimented with it yet 'cause I lent my sister TP, but it's growing.

Okami's out, if you haven't gotten that. No More Heros, Mario Kart Wii just came out (to lackluster reviews), Wii Fit (if you're into that)....

Nintendo's been very mums about the second half of the year, honestly. I expect Animal Crossing Wii to be at least announced this year, though.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
This isn't very on-topic, but do you guys know if it's possible to get more areas to download games for your Wii? I've already used up two and a half of the screens and I don't want to have to start deleting games that I've payed for just to get new WiiWare/VC games.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
At this stage, you'll have to, however it's free to redownload them.

the Nintendo Channel's coming out in the US next week with DS demos, people can post reviews and other stuff.

Heh, we all know that it'll just be used for the demo's ;)

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Umm, what on earth do you mean by next week? I downloaded it today. It's quite entertaining. PLayed my demo of Ninja Gaiden DS today.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh, got my dates mixed up.

So, pretty good overall?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
More off topic:

I was gonna pick up Mario Kart for the usual new game price of $100 [:urg:] but my mom told me I couldn't get it, LoZ:TP is like $70, along with every other Wii game that came out that far back so I doubt she'll let me buy those either. Right now I'm waiting for her to come home so she can order it online and ship it to someone in the US who is gonna ship it here. Things like this kinda turn me off gaming [and everything else] altogether.

I'll let you guys know when [or if] I get it.

S2

Smash Lord
Wii Fit = bulimia.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=42155

My family got one and it's really good. Recommend it.

Yeah, I'd read that news story and it's pretty convenient that the girl's actual weight is never said. Kinda makes me think they're trying to hide it.

My guess is that the girl IS overweight and is the type of person who is overly sensitive about things. This is just the family trying to get 15 minutes of fame over something.

Honestly, the scale is supposed to be pretty accurate. So either she is overweight, or there is a case of user error. Either way, they're in the wrong.

You can't blame the scale for telling the truth. Isn't that the point of the game? To help you due light exercise games if you want to be fit or stay fit?

Honestly, what's next... someone thinks they look fat in the mirror, so they complain to the mirror's manufacturer?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Totally agree with you. Some of the comments on that site made me chuckle lol.

GTL Says:
May 6th, 2008 at 12:45 pm

hahahahahahaha. Stop crying fatty

~rh

Smash Lord
I'm probably going to pick a copy of it up for mother's day. My mom would probably have fun with it.
My mom is BEGGING me to get Wii Fit for her for mother's day. So I think I just might do that... hopefully my local stores will still have some in stock. Reading this makes me a bit uncertain that not ALL moms want this game :laugh:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yeah, I'd read that news story and it's pretty convenient that the girl's actual weight is never said. Kinda makes me think they're trying to hide it.

My guess is that the girl IS overweight and is the type of person who is overly sensitive about things. This is just the family trying to get 15 minutes of fame over something.

Honestly, the scale is supposed to be pretty accurate. So either she is overweight, or there is a case of user error. Either way, they're in the wrong.

You can't blame the scale for telling the truth. Isn't that the point of the game? To help you due light exercise games if you want to be fit or stay fit?

Honestly, what's next... someone thinks they look fat in the mirror, so they complain to the mirror's manufacturer?
The girl is obviously an immature brat who fails to realize that BMI doesn't have **** to do with actual body size.

It's a horrible way to measure on individuals. I'm come in as 'clangorously underweight' on a BMI scale, but I weigh more than most large students at my school.

bored

Smash Ace
Is okami any good guys?

*ahem*

From my personal experiences, no.

The art style was nice and the story was ok too. But, it just went at a slow pace for me and was really boring going through most of the levels.

As for the controls, I thought utilizing the paint brush with the wii mote felt half-baked and was a bit annoying moving it around.

Sensai

Smash Master
Wow. Someone who doesn't like Okami....

But I dunno, so I can't judge yet. I have it picked up, sitting right in front of me, but a friend got me kinda interested in a (free and stylistic) MMO, so...jeah. We'll see how things go.

And I got an external HDD. Hoorah!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm not buying new games at this point in time so Okami Wii is out of the question, but from what I've heard it's better on the PS2 because of the controls.

I think I might order RE4 Wii edition and by a bunch of used PS2 and GC games $6 - $15 instead of buying one new game for $50. I haven't experienced any problems with used games thus far [knock on wood] so I'd be more bang for my buck, but I must say the smell and feel of a new game is always better.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Some new games have been announced.

www.aussie-nintendo.com said:
Wario Land Shake is the first title listed for future Wii release, which will occur on July 24, with Nintendo of Europe also confirming the existence of the title. Also in development for the motion-controlled console is the Wii exclusive Fatal Frame IV (known as Project Zero for the European release). This title is being directed by Suda 51, the man behind No More Heroes in conjunction with the series' original director, Shibata Makoto. Fatal Frame will be released on July 31.

The DS library will also be getting a boost, with Densetsu no Starfi Taiketsu! receiving a July 10 release, followed up by Rhythm Tengoku Gold, which has been confirmed by Nintendo Japan for release on July 31. August 7 will see the Japanese release of Fire Emblem DS, with the possible English subtitle of New Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light. Fire Emblem DS has also been confirmed to have Wi-Fi capability by Nintendo Japan.

Also listed for an August release is Inazuma Eleven, which will be hitting Japanese store shelves on August 22.

Sensai

Smash Master
Lemme just say 'hell yes' for Fatal Frame.

And directed by Suda 51? Oh God, please!

And I have Okami...but for some reason (TF2, re-falling in love with Ubuntu, WC3) I have yet to even open it.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
w00t for the new Wario game! Hope it comes out nice.
And Okami Wii..well, it's still a great game, but no new extra content or anything(except the motions)just doesn't do much to make it a must. Plus, the Wii controls got annoying in the beginning, but you'll get used to 'em.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Sensai, I've been playing a lot of TF2 as well. I have it for the 360, and while I know the PC version is far superior, I still just can't stop playing it.

And as far as Okami goes, it looks kind of uneventful to me- I dunno maybe I'll pick it up if I ever have enough spare cash lying around.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
We'd need something to fill the hard drive with, at the moment we only have a few Wii games, a few Wiiware games and bunch of VC games, sure the Wii's internal harddrive can't hold all of that, but that could fit on a 20gb with room to spare.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Yeah, maybe they could make Wii boxing unsuck with that. Not needed for FPSs though, everyone's thinking "Now we can REALLY swing a sword/lightsaber around OM NOM NOM"

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
This announcement definitely put me into high anticipation mode for tomorrow's Nintendo conference...

Hopefully a storage solution will be revealed.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I suppose a storage option would be nice if they expanded the abilities of the Wii, but I honestly can't think of much use for a hard drive. At least with the 360 you can upload cd's or download movies, videos, and demos. I've got a full screen of downloaded wii games, and more than 50 replays saved in brawl and i still have more than enough save space without an SD card.

A hard drive will not solve Nintendo's problems.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If this channel was available outside of Japan, I would use it.

Today in Japan, Nintendo and FujiFilm launched a new Digital Camera Print Wii Channel. Wii owners are able to order Fuji digi picture prints, photo albums and Mii business cards. Just put an SD card with picture data in the Wii and select what you'd like to order. Prints are ¥30 ($US 0.28) a pop while a 21 page album will set you back ¥1,575 ($US 14.68). One set of thirty Mii-style business cards runs ¥500. You can even have your friend code printed out on it. After paying by credit card, your order will be delivered to your doorstep.

Top Bottom