• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do YOU play with Ike??

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I choose to play as Ike sometimes,,,because he has cool attacks.
He is strong and he is not that slow. Plus he's the first swordman player I played as.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Probably to show others that top tier isn't everything, though this next big tournament I'm going to will feature super players from around the nation.

Although I may not win, I'll engrave in my opponent's mind that Ike is very dangerous.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Probably to show others that top tier isn't everything, though this next big tournament I'm going to will feature super players from around the nation.

Although I may not win, I'll engrave in my opponent's mind that Ike is very dangerous.
What tournament would that be?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Kirk at No Koast?

That would... that would actually make me interested in going.
If it's possible.

And... Arturo... was that Error13 on your account? Or did you REALLY just say that?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Interesting question... Care to elaborate?
It's rumored that Ike and Soren are gay, since Ike doesn't seem to be attracted to any of the other female characters in FE10 and FE11.

Personally, I don't believe that Ike is gay.

(And I also don't think that was Arturito... at least, I hope it wasn't haha. It was an uncharacteristically... strange post.)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If Kirk goes to No Koast, I definitely wouldn't mind showing up.

^At Link Above

WTF?! Soren is a guy?! **** these Japanese characters with their feminist looks.

stealthwarrior17

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2938-7216-1604
I play Ike for two reasons. One- because he represents my direct nature. No projectile, cant spam anything really and you always have to think to score key hits. Second- to challenge the tier list and install a sense of fear or uneasiness in my opponents.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
11-12 hours most likely, but yeah. Northern Illinois to Kansas is a long way for me. >.>

By the looks of it It's about a 5-6 hour drive from Dallas...neat lol.
Kirk.

Go to NO KOAST v2.

The drive will be well, well worth it.

:D

Ander Hammer

Smash Rookie
Sword like a Terran Siege Tank.

Headband and cape in several fashionable colors, including Domon Kasshu.

I played Link in SSB and Roy in Melee.

Fights for his friends.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
He's just got a fun and rewarding moveset, in which lies some of the greatest merits in Brawl, like the power in his Forward Smash and combination of speed and killing power in his Back Air, basically the best jab in the game, and the ridiculous reach on Forward Air, not to mention most all of his moves kill and are disjointed. It's just fun to be THAT guy. And besides, nobody plays him anymore =(

LuLLo

Smash Ace
He's just got a fun and rewarding moveset, in which lies some of the greatest merits in Brawl, like the power in his Forward Smash and combination of speed and killing power in his Back Air, basically the best jab in the game, and the ridiculous reach on Forward Air, not to mention most all of his moves kill and are disjointed. It's just fun to be THAT guy. And besides, nobody plays him anymore =(
I agree with Ike being fun to use and that it's nice to be THAT guy who ***** with Ike and surprises opponents, but I must disagree with your assumption that nobody plays him anymore, you play him, I play him hardcore in tourneys, and many others do, there are just too few Ikes who place well, so Ike mains don't exactly stand out. But whatever, keep on maining Ike, you'll get respect and lots of ''Wow's'' like no other char.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Well, nobody of any respectable stature plays him in tournament in NorCal; maybe not even in all of California, and if they do, I've never seen them, unfortunately. I have been privy to many painfully bad Ikes in tournament that thought they were all hot stuff, though...

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
I play ike simply because hes a complete badass in every form of the word.
Its fun to be him and gives you satisfaction when you can actually win with him going against characters that would otherwise trample him. Hes not very fast but hits hard and it feels good to actually land that hit.
I suprise ppl who think ike sucks and i felt like ive done good.

Smash Master
For some reason his playstyle just appeals to me. I like the speed and range of his nair, as spacing is one of my stong suits. I also like his jab's range, speed, slight tech skill requirement, and damage racking ability. I also like how brawl's combo system means that no move is really that risky against most characters, and Ike's moves offer a very high reward in most instances. I also like his falling speed/weight ratio. I manage to hit the corner almost every time I DI with Ike, whereas with someone like Marth I sometimes go too high, and with someone like Falco I often can't go high enough. I also like the mindgame options offered by eruption and counter.

XBart-ManX

Smash Cadet
1.I like his move-set.
2.He's an underdog(well compared to some other swordsmen and Snake)
3.Thanks to him,i got interested in Fire Emblem.
4.People say that he's easier and maining him is a crime,and i like to disprove them wrong.
5.He's Bad ***,also.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I use Ike because he's very straightforward, easy to pick up, and a good noob killer due to some well-placed power on a few simple brickwalls. Plus, he is the best FE main character from the entire series, with only Sigurd potentially rivaling his badassery.

4.People say that he's easier and maining him is a crime,and i like to disprove them wrong.
The only hard thing about Ike is actually winning with him against competent players, because he's horrifyingly limited and bad, meaning you have to trick your opponent a lot, particularly when you need to land kill moves. Otherwise, he's straightforward...learn to Jab cancel, space, bait, powershield projectiles, and play conservatively in general. He would be more interesting if he could use multiple aerials in a jump (since he's literally the only character in this game who CAN'T besides Snake despite the SUPER floaty physics), or if his B-air had less landing lag.

Matamune

Smash Rookie
truth be told usually when I meet people who say Ike sucks The play snake or MK and I end up two stocking them. makes me laugh when they walk away pissed off saying "You just got a F***ing lucky win." Ahh so great....

After my first time picking up brawl and side b'ing off the edge with falco all 3 stocks my friend steve said ike wouldn't do that and i've like ike since then. We played FFA so i was never in the 1v1 often and ike's power allowed me to rack up kills. I also do it for the spikes

Vex514

Smash Cadet
Couple reasons. First off, I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan especially Radiant Dawn (Path of Radiance was alright but not great) So I obviously need to represent my game series.

Also, as a character out side of Brawl, his personality is very valiant and at times ****** even. I can't just play a character I don't like afterall.

When it comes down to tier placement, I'm a firm FIRM believer in tiers but somehow I don't see Ike's placement. He might be the only exception to a tier list I just can't wrap my head around. I understand his reasoning for his placing but at the same time I see a lot of potential. I believe if played by a smart player, you can easily make up for his shortcomings. His arials and killing potential are great assets in my eye and his recovery is predictable but reliable majority of the time. I can't rate the players i have played but I do not have trouble against banana spamming diddy's or nading snakes or MK even. Each of them deserves a different approach but I feel comfortable in those matchups oddly.

XBart-ManX

Smash Cadet
truth be told usually when I meet people who say Ike sucks The play snake or MK and I end up two stocking them. makes me laugh when they walk away pissed off saying "You just got a F***ing lucky win." Ahh so great....
I know,it feels so refreshing when you prove them wrong

Spamzfair

Smash Cadet
Plays kinda like ganon in melee. (I am terrible in melee and so it might just be me who thinks he plays like ganon..)

Cleo555

Smash Cadet
I use Ike because he is fun to use. It's pretty simple but many ppl do not pick characters this way =\. I also like the fact that I have lots of room for improvement with him and look forward to improving.

Bad!

Smash Cadet
i like his strong hits and final smash but i don't play him much cause of speed o.o

skabs

Smash Rookie
I play Ike for a few reasons.

First off, he is the polar opposite of the other characters I play. With Diddy, I can rack up damage with long combos. With Ike, I can do the same amount of damage I do with Diddy in one or two hits. Also, with my two other main characters (Diddy and ROB), my kill options are limited, and I always have to make sure to keep a move fresh to insure a kill when I need it. With Ike, it is easier to count his moves that don’t kill than his moves that do :laugh:. It is so satisfying to be able to dish out damage quickly, and not have to worry about the kill.

Also, punishing trips, bad rolls, laggy attacks, or shieldbreaks with a f-smash kill at 37% is basically the best thing in brawl. I can’t count the number of matches I have three stocked an opponent thanks to mindgames, predictions, and sheer blind luck.

Top Bottom