• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do YOU play with Ike??

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I sometimes play Ike just to hear the sound of his Sword slamming the opponent.
Sounds like he hits 'em with a big telephone pole.

And I love his Jab canceling game.
I Like a lot the Sound of His Sword too !

You're right... His Jab cancelling game is Amazing and Useful !

Benn man

Smash Rookie
Cuz Ike is a TANK!!! Plain and simple. His attacks may be slow but when he finally does hit you, you die.

Kyta

Smash Rookie
I play with Ike because he's godly... after all, who needs fancy *** complicated combos when you can have a 3 foot long 4 inch thick sword, eh ;D?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
He's a badass.

Also, he reinstates the merits of careful play, and the importance of spacing.
He's helped my Falco a lot, and helped me appreciate the power of pewpew and no lag.

Matamune

Smash Rookie
I must admit. When I first played brawl I jumped to my melee character ganondorf....but he was diffrent....his attacks were ...off somehow and I couldnt get past the weirdness I felt when playing him. When I first played Ike He closely resembled the melee ganondorf and I just sorta ran with it. Plus I have to agree. I dont need fancy dodging and lazers to win a fight. Ill jump in, head first, And beat the Hell outta erebody. Lol.

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
I loved Ike in Path of Radiance, so the moment I heard he was in Brawl I was determined to main him.
^This is my reason too. I love Ike! ^^

He was so awesome in PoR that I decided to use him more often than I already had. Before, Ike was a secondary because my little brother got me into him. We both like Ike a lot and often end up fighting over him in the SSE when we play it together, but lol.

Ike is at his awesomest in RD though, if you ask me. Not only is he more powerful and just way cooler in his personality, he got sooo hawt. xP

metaike

Smash Cadet
I main him because I love spacing and he has a lot of range and he has a lot of mindgames (jab cancel)

Persona

Smash Rookie
I play Ike because he's a great character. He may be slow, but he has powerful single hits. The only bad part is he can get easily get pulled into combos.

Iri5hL3gaCY

Smash Cadet
his sword looks amazing, everytime his sword hits someone it makes a noise that sounds like an explosion,
and he has what must be the most mesmerizing final smash in the game

Twilight Cloud

Smash Cadet
NNID
TwilightCloud
I use Ike because he reminds me of Cloud :p
Plus I got a Cloud texture for my Ike now, so it makes me even happier and more fun to use my Ike :]

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I use Ike because I don't have to think very much when I play him, I only have to press jab over and over with an occasional smash or tilt :)

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
I use Ike cuase he is really fast and combos easily.(Serious)

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
I play Ike because when I spike someone, I get the impression my opponents controller is slammed right out of their hands from the huge amount of power and awesomeness

holyknight234

Smash Rookie
I play Ike because I lost too many times with Captain Falcon when I first got Brawl.
His strength surprised me, he's so **** strong! And his sword range is pretty awesome too.
I love dodging my brother's attack, go behind him, do A+A+A, then do some smash attack.

I love his air attacks too, it gets my enemies off guard.

AGuyNamedRaf

Smash Journeyman
You copied and pasted one of the many identical posts before yours, didn't you?

>_>
No, I just wanted to say something based off the memes...

Being kinda on the serious side, I enjoy playing Ike because of his range and spacing game. Jab-canceling and then using mind games into a forward smash before 50% is always a satisfying endeavor.

The Golden Ike

Smash Rookie
I mostly use Ike because I've used him since the day of Brawl's release. (Had to check all sword users). I was shocked by his strength so I stuck with him. Now that I have his Roy texture I'm even happier. It's also thanks to him I stumbled into the mezmerizing game series known as Fire Emblem! Overall, Ike is the character I feel truely comfortable with.

Zakplaysbrawl

Smash Rookie
Because im not that big of an air fighter and ike is a good groud based fighter with some cool moves, I enjoy playing him.

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
I use Ike cuz my name's Golden Ike XD

Ok, serliously, I use him cuz:
1- I had Path of Radiance and I've idolorated him ever since.
2- I luv sedding people flyin!
3- And cuz I also luv his Air-Down and kill people isntantly LOL I feel so freakin thrilled when I do that XD

PCHU

Smash Lord
Forward smash.
Especially when you're fighting another competitive player and you land it.
It's like the best mindgame ever.
Predicted ledgeroll = kill.
Predicted recovery = kill.
MK screws up his approach = he's probably going to hit you at the last second like always, but you may as well just go for the kill.
And landing a fully charged one after your opponent's misplaced airdodge.....always epic.

Spike.
It's just too good.
Not as awesome as Lucas bair or Ness dair, but it's still good.
It's like hitting someone with a freakin' train.

Dtilt.
Ike's dtilt is just HAX.
Nothing else describes it.
I mean, he sweeps his sword across the ground and you get spiked.
HARD.
Hax, man.

Emininja

Smash Rookie
I chose him because he plays more stable for me then Luigi (don't askk how but he does) :D

ragnellrager

Smash Rookie
I main Ike because when Melee came out, I used Marth all the time. When i got Brawl, I couldn't find Marth (XP, I didn't know he was locked at that time) and I mained Ike. When I finally unlocked Marth, I still thought Ike was better, so I switched to Ike.

CRUSH_

Smash Cadet
He's just immensely cool - there really isn't any other way to say it. He reminds me of myself, the gold sword is awesome and the sound it makes when it hits people is very satisfying. I like how that Fsmash of ours is an awesome punishing move to use on people who are falling helplessly. We can kill people reallly reeeeeaaaaally quickly. The four meteor smashes are also amazing because that's by far my absolute favorite way to kill someone. Hmm thinkin' a little deeper into it, I like his taunts too. And let's not forget that the vast majority of people we'll run into in tourneys have no idea what to do against a good Ike

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Because his dtilt spike his epic, helicopter havoc is deadly, and fair is nothing but an epic *****-slap with a sword.

An most importantly, he fights for
THE PEOPLE HE ACTUALLY GIVES SYMPATHY TO!!!

Zebadon

Smash Rookie
Here's what the topic should be called...Why shouldn't YOU play as Ike...he pwns.....f-smash all day baby...

HULKxSMASH

Smash Rookie
I tried him out after my "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG WOLF IS THE SHIZZLE" phase and I realized Ike is more my style ^^

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Sasukebowser stole my joke...

I play him because I'm not very sympathetic. And dtilt spike = epic win.

HULK, couldn't you have made that into one post? There is an "edit" button.

Top Bottom