• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do YOU play with Ike??

Matamune

Smash Rookie
What is your personal reason? For me, he was the first person I played with when the game came out....and Ike's Theme (which is actually called Eternal Bond) Is a cool song!

LuLLo

Smash Ace
For me it was also the first character I played, seeing him on the DOJO!! really hyped me to play him, and I've stuck with him since then, next to other mains.
The main reason is because I like the badass, big-sword typ characters, I'm a huge fan of Devil May Cry, Onimusha, God of War...so yeah...and I should buy both his Fire Emblems, I think those are exactly my kind of games.

smashking420

Smash Cadet
My reason is that hes my BEST character, and that like that kind of person he is...KICK-BUTT CHARACTER YEAH!!!

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I'm not an Ike main but I occasionally use him because
1. It is so satisfying hiting people with that cannon sword :)
2. I plan on eventually playing his games.
3. HE FIGHTS FOR HIS FRIENDS!
......I love stupid Ike jokes/puns...yes...

Project D

Smash Journeyman
I pretty much always liked the swordman characters (SSB - Link, SSBM - Roy, SSBB - Ike)
usually fun to get someone at a range, and he's powerful, can finish a match quickly without too much hassle (e.g. Sonic, takes too long to kill with him/against, bit weak).

Matamune

Smash Rookie
I'm not an Ike main but I occasionally use him because
1. It is so satisfying hiting people with that cannon sword :)
2. I plan on eventually playing his games.
3. HE FIGHTS FOR HIS FRIENDS!
......I love stupid Ike jokes/puns...yes...

Dood Cannon sword.....omg im using that from now on.....LOL

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It helps me feel like I have friends to fight for.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
^

Are you saying that you don't need to fight for your friends? Or does this mean that you didn't feel like fighting for them?

Or do you not have friends?

?_?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
There in lies the question.

/deep statement

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I never -actually- played Melee. But when I "played," I would be Roy because he had a sword and teh firez. Ike came in. I tried him out. I loved him. He's such a man. I like strong men. And he has a bigger sword and better teh firez.
And this semester, when I've had the time, I've been playing PoR and I have fallen in love with that Ike.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
I never -actually- played Melee. But when I "played," I would be Roy because he had a sword and teh firez. Ike came in. I tried him out. I loved him. He's such a man. I like strong men. And he has a bigger sword and better teh firez.
And this semester, when I've had the time, I've been playing PoR and I have fallen in love with that Ike.
You spelled it wrong. It's T3H PH1R3!!!1!!1!

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I never really played Melee competitively.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Because Captain Falcon was too manly for me to wield, so I stuck with the next best thing...

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Because Captain Falcon was too manly for me to wield, so I stuck with the next best thing...
Captain Falcon isn't manlier than Ike! ... Maybe in some ways :p

But anyways, I play Ike almost exclusively because it's a challenge (sometimes) and because he's awesome (all the time).

Also, Marth is a girl... ;)

Kinisaro

Smash Rookie
My main is actually TL but I usually have a big problem fighting speedy chars with TL so i was looking for someone with good range and huge launch to keep those speed heads at bay and picked up Ike for a try and PWNED. So I made him my 2nd main :3

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
If you're fighting against a competent player with fast character, Ike is usually not a god choice. Watch Sliven's fight against Blue Terrorist's Sonic. I'd say TL in better against them since his projectiles can mess up their flow a bit. Just my 2 cents.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
When I got the game about July, I had never played Melee. I saw the starting people (The people you get before you unlock anything) and the only normal humans to me were Ike and Lucas. I picked up Ike right away, and I'll just let you guess who my second main is :)

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I chose him because I like spikey blue haired dudes. And there are many simliarities to my lifestyle with some boss at work I hate and some kid compared to the game Radiant Dawn. Also all the friends and familes are part of the Radiant Dawn game as well.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I loved him. He's such a man. I like strong men. And he has a bigger sword and better teh firez.
I'm kinda in the same boat as you.
Summary of the above quotes-

Teh Brettster "I love flaming strong men with big swords. And this semester, I fell in love with Ike.

Marauder "We're in the gay boat."

ITS A JOOOOKE (or a snake!)

xD jk, I like ike because of the ridiculous power you feel in his moves.

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
I loved Ike in Path of Radiance, so the moment I heard he was in Brawl I was determined to main him.
Same reason here (though I hate him in Radiant Dawn)

And as well as his killer AT:

Side taunt -> Side taunt->F smash the hell out of them when they try to attack:laugh:

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
When I first saw ike in action it seemed to me that he moved more smoothly and had better timing than my previous main: sonic. I only had to try him once and I instantly switched mains.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Summary of the above quotes-

Teh Brettster "I love flaming strong men with big swords. And this semester, I fell in love with Ike.

Marauder "We're in the gay boat."

ITS A JOOOOKE (or a snake!)

xD jk, I like ike because of the ridiculous power you feel in his moves.
Do I even know you? I was referring to me playing Melee.

shinyspoon42 "I liek 2 mek phun of ppl on teh internetzz cuz iz phun 4 meh!!!!11!1!1!"jk

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
I play Ike, because he gives me a sense of pride. I've been a dedicated die hard ike fan since day one, I ordered every japanese fire emblem games, ike has always been my favourite. That is why I play ike.

StarChaserNX

Smash Cadet
The sound of the attacks hitting the foe. Crushing them with overwhelming power. Sure other characters have strong attacks, but Ike's blows feel so... satisfying.

IMYP

Smash Rookie
The sound of the attacks hitting the foe. Crushing them with overwhelming power. Sure other characters have strong attacks, but Ike's blows feel so... satisfying.
If you can hit them with a strong attack.....

Top Bottom