• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Best Marth right now?(Mew2King excluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I dunno taj's lighthearted attitude might just throw you off, he's always seemed like that fun guy. plus i mean he did 3+ hours of a smash live stream just discussing the game like a week or two ago. plus him trying at genesis2 should be a direct reference to how he'll try at apex! if he even goes.

and yeah i'm sure he wants to see tai do well, but he won't hold himself back to see that happen =D

actually i think it's safe to say tajs marth is still better..i know using one tournament isn't the best example, but Taj took top 10 beating crazy good players while tai took..something beyond 30th.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I dunno taj's lighthearted attitude might just throw you off, he's always seemed like that fun guy. plus i mean he did 3+ hours of a smash live stream just discussing the game like a week or two ago. plus him trying at genesis2 should be a direct reference to how he'll try at apex! if he even goes.

and yeah i'm sure he wants to see tai do well, but he won't hold himself back to see that happen =D

actually i think it's safe to say tajs marth is still better..i know using one tournament isn't the best example, but Taj took top 10 beating crazy good players while tai took..something beyond 30th.
Well....this could be a ROM3 Case (using KirbyKaze as an example...sorry KK). He placed 3rd(same as Taj). Got alot of immediate praise and respect(well deserved). Hasn't had the same kind of success since then though. It is possible this could happen again. I mean it could happen to anyone. Since Genesis1...I'd say the results of big events are everything but predictable.

on a Sidenote S2J for top 5 :p.

@OTG What happened to Doc?

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
KK has been to like....1 tournament since then...
Taj has always been lighterhearted but serious. Im sure he won't be going all the way to RoM or Apex to just have fun. I hope he reads this thread and tries harder. <3

Dart!

Smash Master
I'm really hyped for apex, i need to figure out how many days i can get off and if i can afford it.
Also, marth ditto mms at apex if i go?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Taj is legit, even Tai, will admit that Taj, is most definetely the better Marth atm...

Sadly, Taj is on another Hiatus from smash atm...(though I'm trying to tempt him into coming back to melee for a bit) (Perhaps if I play Mewtwo again, and drop Yoshi/Roy temporarily, it'll motivate him.. :p who knows)

He is indeed teaching Tai, and Tai's improving at a very fast rate as well.. ^^

Yeah, you just have to get to know Taj, on a serious level, when he's playing, he's something else... It's hard to explain it, you'd just have to play him ya know?

Hack

Smash Journeyman
I played smash with my homies for 8 hrs straight last night, and I'm on FAIIAAAHH!! Some 2015 sh it went down, I can tell you that. Hack for top placing Marth at Apex!
Also, my Luigi is on crack, my Samus is tight and I just had 8 beers.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Strawhat Dahean said he would be attending APEX during the ROM4 stream and he's actually been practicing this time around.

Mahie

Smash Lord
I played smash with my homies for 8 hrs straight last night, and I'm on FAIIAAAHH!! Some 2015 sh it went down, I can tell you that. Hack for top placing Marth at Apex!
Also, my Luigi is on crack, my Samus is tight and I just had 8 beers.
You got this man.

Can't wait for Apex, it's starting to look like the best tournament ever.

Beat!

Smash Master
If you honestly think he's incapable of winning tournaments anymore then you should just switch your main to someone you feel is actually capable of doing so.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I like Marth. I will remain a Marth even if I feel he cannot win. I am not sure I feel he cannot win actually. Its just....well when was the last time a Marth Main placed first at a big event? Improvements are happening but Marths aren't just being out placed they are being out-played as well. Even the very best of us are doing well enough to lose. Ice and Taj are being mentioned as the best Marths (since M2K seems to be a Marth alt.). The very best they got was 2nd and 3rd. Ice didn't even use Marth against Armada. Taj did one time then he unplugged and fell over.

All I'm saying is...on the upside Marth has life. He is alive again and well but has the game become too much for him. Do to many characters just have his number at this point? Is there no new adjustments to that can be made. The has the evolution of this game passed him to a point where if you reach the very highest level then almost winning is the best you can do? Thoughts?

Beat!

Smash Master
Ice lost to Armada. Taj lost to Mango. If you think losing to the two best players in the world indicates that a character isn't good enough to win tournaments, then I'll just have to respectfully disagree.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Ice lost to Armada. Taj lost to Mango. If you think losing to the two best players in the world indicates that a character isn't good enough to win tournaments, then I'll just have to respectfully disagree.
That isn't what I am getting at. I am asking why are the best players in the world not Marths? Is it possible for those roles to be reversed at this point?

Beat!

Smash Master
Certainly, but Marth was almost irrelevant for a pretty long time, with next to no real representation. IMO he's still just catching up, and yet he's already placing extremely well in a lot of tournaments.

It's up to the players, really.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I feel like half the marth community is in denial of how well he can be played the other half is in denial of how well others can play vs him. No real progress being made at all. Scattered fragments of knowledge. Perhaps you are right coming back to life is not easy after all. The rate that the other top Characters are evolving in comparison is.....well noticeable.

Big question on the mind....is Marth's Evolution over? I cannot see anything new coming up. No knew AT's...etc. Maybe Marth Peaked already. Highest level seemingly M2K's Marth when on point. Very good. Good enough to consistantly get top but the only other Marths that play close to that level seem more like stand alone low tier mains then a viable threat. Typically at tournaments when a Marth places top 5. spaces 6-10 usually have no other Marths sometimes 1. Then after that the next placing Marth is either tied for 33rd or didn't make it out of pools.

Beat!

Smash Master
You don't necessarily need "new ATs" to develop a character. I just think we need to change the way certain match ups are played. M2K was the gold standard for very long, which is all fine and dandy when trying to learn matchups like Fox, Marth dittos, and Peach, but when it came to characters like Falco and Puff, he started to struggle with them more and more as time went by. Instead of blaming the characters, we should consider the possibility that he's simply not playing the MUs correctly (I, for one, think he plays the Falco MU quite suboptimally). Taj and Ice are examples of players who are comparably much better vs Falco (with M2K of course still being a better player overall).

We don't need fancy new stuff. We need to look at the tools we have, and reevaluate how they should be used. I'm convinced Marth can -and will- come back in full force eventually.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I still want to see Ice play some of our best Falcos. Taj proved himself vs Falco I'd say. I don't think we need to be fancy I guess the best We can do right now is learn to power shield everything. Aside from that nothing else I can see.

crush

Smash Master
I'm the cutest Marth player. Just wait 'til y'all see me all dolled up at APEX.
Challenge accepted im like the master of fashion mixups and conditioning (both in my enemies in fashion and my hair) so there's like no way you can beat me, im way ahead of the fashion metagame.

:phone:

-Ice-

Smash Apprentice
Challenge accepted im like the master of fashion mixups and conditioning (both in my enemies in fashion and my hair) so there's like no way you can beat me, im way ahead of the fashion metagame.

haha gave me a big laugh thx dude :D

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Didnt know where else to post this...

What do you guys think of M2k's performance at ROM4? He did much better vs PP, but what exactly did he change up?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
one of the things a lot of marths don't seem to be too adept at is dash dancing to bait attacks\spot dodges ect (i'm including myself here mind you). Marth's dash dance defense is almost falcon level imo

also niko i watched your set against mafia, good stuff, your movement around BF is sooooooo smooth

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
This Is Marth boards, and stuff so I did wanna say

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

However for those of you viewing this thread now (as im posting)
Happy thanksgiving you guys!! n_n <3 you guys!

And for everyone else who views this thread later...etc..
Happy Thanksgiving!!

~Vman~

Aber

Smash Journeyman
"Oh my god m2k played marth one time he's da bess still!"
Why are all your posts so negative about m2k? He's still the best marth by far at this moment and 10x better than you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom