• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Best Marth right now?(Mew2King excluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beat!

Smash Master
If he's serious about being mega depressed and wanting to end his own life then he needs to seek therapy. No amount of people on a forum telling him it's not that bad is going to make him get out of it (especially not considering it hasn't made any difference yet). Good intentions and all, but he needs professional care.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
m2k what makes u think you're going to hell lmao
i dont see how you think christianity is logical

God is supposed to be a perfect being. he's supposed to be omnibenevolent, but that makes no sense because he wants to punish people for sinning. how can a perfect being have such a desire + that's not being omnibenevolent?

a perfect being cant create something that's so imperfect (humans). so god makes no sense.
and even if god was real, i would never support a god that allows this to happen: http://haveyoureadthebible.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/starvation1.jpg
what kind of omnibenevolent god does that? it's all part of his plan? well that's a ****ty plan if you ever ask me.

don't listen to raz dude. the point of life is to be happy and you became happy by playing smash. think about what you want to do next. there's gotta be another goal besides smash that you'd want to accomplish.

makoforce

Smash Ace
well ill never give up on m2k :(. sucks he's feeling that way, he's like my favorite smash player because he kinda reminds me of myself. His work ethic

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
there are laughable bible verses throughout the books.

the bible is just an evolving childrens book, it teaches "right" and "wrong" and shouldnt be taken literally. not even hating right now, simply stating a fact.

aka slow ur roll m2k if ur worried about religion Christianity is not the one to worry about.

makoforce

Smash Ace
ok thank god for someone posting lol. OK M2K if you dont mind me asking what did you plan on doing if you won dallas? I play both games so I know all about the "situation."

edit:isnt it funny dart hasnt posted since m2k told him off

Swann

Smash Journeyman
Yo, Mew2King,

I don't ever post on the boards, much preferring just to lurk and read everything. However, I gotta make an exception here: if you have any questions about Christianity, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. I'll do my best to clarify anything for you and help you out. All the best, man.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
All forms of religion/unvalidated belief systems are destructive and plain insulting to human intelligence.

M2K, you deserve so much better than beating yourself up over something that doesn't even deserve reasonable thought. There's no such thing as hell, or heaven for that matter. What exists is what we make of our existance. You've been treated poorly, it seems, and I feel bad for you. Such things take time to get over - but when you do, know this: you have been an endless inspiration to thousands of people, just through your gamer alias "Mew2King", and that is but a shred of who you really are. You are Jason Zimmerman, and your accomplishments far exceed those of any make-belief god.

Sorry to all the firmly religious people out there, but I'm an honest, straight-forward anti-religious person. If you have any arguments you want to bring up with me regarding this matter, don't hesitate to pm me, and I will gladly talk this over (in a non-drunken state).

Van.

Smash Ace
Revelation 7:1
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (KJV)

The bible says the earth is flat-->the bible was written by bronze age goat herders-->don't fret m2k but you prob still will cuz you're hella wack

Battlecow

Play to Win
Oh god, you fools. This thread is simultaneously the saddest and funniest thing I've seen all week. I probably shouldn't post, but I really cannot resist.

Guys, this is not the place for a hackneyed religious debate.

M2K, you're experiencing the same crisis of belief that millions of people throughout history have. Talk to someone you trust via PM's. This is not the place. If you're really as emo as all that, you should talk to your family/seek counseling.

zephyravatar

Smash Rookie
I just lurk the boards too, but I wanted to say something this time. m2k, don't worry about religion if you're not religious. billions of people out there are happy and non-religious, you can be too.

on a different note, I'd pay money to watch good m2k matches, whether it be marth, sheik, or fox. seriously. I'd love to see m2k win more tournaments, but it's not high up on the list.

so yeah, cheer up. take some time to sort out the rest of your life, and then play some good smash, there will always be people supporting you.

Pi

Smash Hero
M2K doesn't want to be helped or take a good look at himself
he's not ready to be helped
he need's to realize his own worth first
that being said:

M2K I don't like you, I don't like the type of person you are, I don't like you're constant complaining, I think you're weak, misguided, and have trapped yourself in your own pit of despair.

But, despite the aspects of you I dislike, you possess aspects that I envy.
That many of us here on the forums envy, and desire.

You have this...drive...this...motivation
I don't know how you ****ing do it, but you...you get good, at whatever you try to get good at
I mean...in a way I can see how, but seeing and performing are leaps and bounds apart
I can tell myself...well sit down and do this, but I can't
Most of us can't do it

We are not a large community, that is true, but look at where you rank among us.
You're not perfect, none of us are perfect
But all of us here have been playing this game, striving for something only a few possess, for something YOU possess

For you to sit there...and whine and complain about your shortcomings
shortcomings that many of us also have
but all we ****ing want, is to be good at this god damn ****ing game
and for you to ignore that, ignore that you have all these traits that many of us want so badly
and just complain about things that suck...no

Look at yourself
Look at what you've accomplished

You think it was all worthless? All a waste of time?
Then what do you say to the hundreds of us still striving for it?!

At least you've done something
rank One in two games that millions of people accross the world have played
thousands and thousands of which have strived to be the best at
and You were/are the best.

Life sucks M2K, it's brutal, it's twisted, it's unjust and unfair
there are a million things about life that suck, and you're not the only one who finds themselves at the short end of the stick.

But because there are so many aspects that suck, people find activities to engross themselves in. To escape from the ****ty parts of life and get lost in something that is fun, or worthwhile, something that you enjoy.

Video games, sports, art, competitions, hobbies
Those are things that you give worth to, things you can work at and things that you can draw a sense of accomplishment from.
Pride, worth, confidence
Paintings that you create, that you can look at and smile and say 'I made that!'
Competitions that you've won, you can bask in the glory and say 'I accomplished that!'

These are feelings that are almost necessary for life here. They offset the ****ty feelings that we're all sure to come across eventually.
And they're something that we can always look back on and enjoy.

The trouble always comes in when you start turning things you enjoy to do, into things you need to do, M2K.

[collapse=idk about this]You've entangled too much of the responsible parts of your life into the aspects of your life meant for enjoyment and positive feelings. So now that these two are mixed up, when one part starts sucking the other part suffers as well. Not good.

You need to keep things separate.
School, job, things that suck in Group A
Games, friends, etc. in Group B

Group A takes priority, but Group B also needs a healthy dose of attention.

If there are aspects about yourself that you don't like, you have two options
1) FIX THEM
2) Accept them as they are.

If you're 'too generous', or 'too nice'
then dissect those aspects, and figure out why they're not working out. Find a happy medium.[/collapse]

You've got your foundation, you're sense of pride and accomplishment, those rank 1 titles can act as a rock to keep you grounded so when the hurricane of reality comes through you can hold on tight and withstand it.

Smash may have not been the best financial decision you could have made, and there may be other things which you look back on now and wish you had devoted your time too, but don't ever forget what smash has given you.

Many of us are still striving for the thing you've already accomplished, so don't ****ing take that for granted because what is that supposed to mean for us?

EbAgItachi

Smash Cadet
Well this is directed towards M2K. Listen man, even though I'm a Falco main, I want you to know that the amazing comeback against Shiz on that Yoshis game is the first competitive melee video I've ever watched and it's my motivation for playing this game. Danieljosebatista is my older brother, and we always talk about how inspirational your gameplay is to us. We are truly fans of yours and we'll respect you endlessly, and I understand people have taken advantage of you in the past, but please dont assume everyone trying to help you just wants something from you. Honestly, all we want is to help and be your friends, and trust me we're more than happy to oblige. Reading your recent post, it seems like thats really all you need. Please dont abandon faith in yourself, because you'll cause everyone who's believed in you to lose faith as well.

You may have blurry views on religion, but religion has no place in the smash realm. The past is just that, so look forward and enjoy life each second at a time, in life and smash. They're both just games in some sense, you just gotta know how to play.

I hope you reevaluate at least some of the things you've been questioning. Some answeres come come after you stop searching for them, but never, ever give up. I hope you read this bro, good luck to you :)

:phone:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I hate to...but I feel the need to request a close on this thread....if not that. The last few pages should be removed. I had a good time and enjoyed food...I returned to this... WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I'll say is if it turns out we are alive in some form after we die then I suspect we'll all know the truth then. Unless it turns out we pop up in another body or Respawn in game terms then we will not know and well think are next life is the first. Either way it doesn't make a difference because we have no way of truly knowing while we are alive. so....everybody. SHUT THE **** UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 you guys.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
awwwwww i missed the religion debate (i love those) :(

not gonna get in trouble starting it up again tho lol

maybe drpp just has that armada thing going on and is really good vs marth? (he's good against everyone tho dangit)

OverLord

Smash Ace
Revelation 7:1
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (KJV)

The bible says the earth is flat-->the bible was written by bronze age goat herders-->don't fret m2k but you prob still will cuz you're hella wack

Those bronze age goat herders probably knew the Earth was round.
The Church used to say the Earth is flat, not Bible.

Also, Book of Revelation was written more or less during 95-100 A.C.; at the time people, especially in Greece, knew Earth was round because of the studies of Aristarchos, and I suggest that if Aristarchos himself wasted time taking those measurements then, even at his time (200 B.C.), roundness of Earth was pretty well known, or at least presumed.

PS: and I do hope you are smart enough to get that Book of Revelation is something to be taken allegoracally (just like most of the Bible itself), so "the four corners" are unlikely to be four actual corners on a flat square-shaped Earth.

Just sayin'.

danieljosebatista

Smash Journeyman
I hate to...but I feel the need to request a close on this thread....if not that. The last few pages should be removed. I had a good time and enjoyed food...I returned to this... WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I'll say is if it turns out we are alive in some form after we die then I suspect we'll all know the truth then. Unless it turns out we pop up in another body or Respawn in game terms then we will not know and well think are next life is the first. Either way it doesn't make a difference because we have no way of truly knowing while we are alive. so....everybody. SHUT THE **** UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 you guys.
Hey this is your thread, so you're entitled to ask that. I hope you'll reconsider though. This the Marth boards and M2K is one of our most notable players/sources of inspiration. We should definitely not simply lock the thread or remove what's been said, he deserves better. Besides the thread can still serve its original purpose lol. Honestly, I'm super excited to see what Ice can do at APEX. Anyone know if Niko and Azen are going? And is Azen playing more Marth he definitely should

strawhats

Smash Master
I believe niko is going to Apex. Also Azen will be there. I think he uses more spacies though against sheik/falcon and in spacies dittos. I think he only uses marth against fox/peach/marth dittos. I hope Azen brings back the marth in full force though.

P.S. Niko has gotten mad good over the last few months. He's gonna do work at Apex :)

danieljosebatista

Smash Journeyman
Me too, his Marth is better imo. I feel like too many players underrate Marth these days. Sure spacies have become more technical and have many advantages they didn't before, but we have tactics to deal with them now as well. Falco is the hardest matchup for me right now I'd say

Van.

Smash Ace
Those bronze age goat herders probably knew the Earth was round.
The Church used to say the Earth is flat, not Bible.

Also, Book of Revelation was written more or less during 95-100 A.C.; at the time people, especially in Greece, knew Earth was round because of the studies of Aristarchos, and I suggest that if Aristarchos himself wasted time taking those measurements then, even at his time (200 B.C.), roundness of Earth was pretty well known, or at least presumed.

PS: and I do hope you are smart enough to get that Book of Revelation is something to be taken allegoracally (just like most of the Bible itself), so "the four corners" are unlikely to be four actual corners on a flat square-shaped Earth.

Just sayin'.
I hesitate to tangle with people who are both eurpean and religious, since they usually are more knowledgeable about the subject than american religious people. I disagree that the bible was meant to be taken allegorically, but if you care enough to hear why you can PM me, since people don't seem to want religious debate here, which I think is reasonable

**** post from Pi

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
awwwwww i missed the religion debate (i love those) :(

not gonna get in trouble starting it up again tho lol

maybe drpp just has that armada thing going on and is really good vs marth? (he's good against everyone tho dangit)

I can clear this up.

I'm pretty good vs Marth normally, and my relatively similar performance against M2K's Sheik and Marth at RoM4 should indicate that I'm about the same vs them.

M2K loses to Falco for reasons aside from confidence or whatever(at least initially in the game before it got to a beat-yourself-before-tournament thing). I only bring this up because I saw M2K being discussed in a Marth thread and decided it was relevant for discussion.

I'm only really good against Fox I think but that may only be due to the fact that no Fox main is good enough right now so my perception may be skewed.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
No religious debating here. It's almost as bad as debating politics. Don't want it here in my thread I don't care who brings it here.

As for the topic. I think it is safe to say Taj and Ice are the #1 candidates Taj had the Genesis 2 performance and Ice has been consistently putting in work. So the question now becomes. Who are the Best Marths with M2K, Ice, and Taj excluded?

My money is on Niko because....(east coast Bias) and he has made leaps and bounds in improving as of late. Dart is doing well also for "a random Mart" :awesome:. Tai also does great when Better players are absent(west coast sucks):cool:

I am not sure how to order them in an unbiased way. I am also wondering if there are anyone others at this level?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
This thread is dumb and ur dumb for trying to save it.

No-one has had anything remotely interesting to say since.....nope. not one interesting thing related to the topic in this thread. It was funny to see tommy pickles rage, but thats about it.

OverLord

Smash Ace
I hesitate to tangle with people who are both eurpean and religious, since they usually are more knowledgeable about the subject than american religious people. I disagree that the bible was meant to be taken allegorically, but if you care enough to hear why you can PM me, since people don't seem to want religious debate here, which I think is reasonable

**** post from Pi
I'm actually far from being religious, it's just common knowledge. If you think Bible is not to be taken allegorically, then, well, your choice, I don't think there is any argument reasonable to think that, aside from "controlling what people think because they're dumb" (see: Church).

So, nothing much to say to each other I guess.
Peace.

Ice is the best Marth anyway, after me.

Van.

Smash Ace
The bible being taken alegorically is a new trend developed in the fifties to allow lazy people to believe they were going to heaven without having to believe in stoning gay people/other such things.

It is not common knowledge, but a common misconseption that most of the bible was meant to be taken alegorically.

Dats aight tho', if you don't believe anyways than it isn't worth explaining to you

SoaK

Smash Rookie
M2K DO NOT KILL YOURSELF!!!

Christianity is the ONLY thing that makes sense. There are NO contradictions in the Bible. In fact it is IMPOSSIBLE to DISPROVE God.
Christianity is not a religion!
Christianity is a RELATIONSHIP with God.

God exists.

Has God spoken?
YES.

How?
Through the Bible.

What does the Bible say about being SAVED?

JUST THIS:

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

ALSO

John 14:19
Because I(Jesus) live, you also will live.

ITS THAT SIMPLE.

Please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom